The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Ask Us Anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi Blueb3ard! :hello:

Just spoke with our Admissions office and they said they do accept Access to Higher Education for some courses but degrees such as Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy do not. Let me know what courses you're considering and I'll be able to check for you!

Also give me a shout if there's anything I can help you with in regards to living in Belfast/Northern Ireland!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thanks for the quick response! The Access course I'm currently doing is for Social Sciences, so it'd have to be something along those lines. The course I was most interested in applying for at QUB was Criminology, would the Uni be willing to accept somebody into said course from England?
(edited 7 years ago)
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by Blueb3ard
Thanks for the quick response! The Access course I'm currently doing is for Social Sciences, so it'd have to be something along those lines. The course I was most interested in applying for at QUB was Criminology, would the Uni be willing to accept somebody into said course from England?

Hello again!

Yes, Access to Higher Education courses are indeed excepted for the Criminology degree! :thumbsup:
A 70% average is the usual expectation.

Are you considering applying for next year?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
(edited 7 years ago)
Hello again!

Yes, Access to Higher Education courses are indeed excepted for the Criminology degree! :thumbsup:
A 70% average is the usual expectation.

Are you considering applying for next year?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thank you! I will be applying for next year, yeah. I've never been out of England so the idea of studying in another country is very appealing to me, and Ireland as a whole has always been one of the countries I'd like to visit most. Since QUB has courses I am interested in and it's not too far away I'll definitely be applying.

Thanks again for the assistance! :smile:
Original post by Blueb3ard
Thank you! I will be applying for next year, yeah. I've never been out of England so the idea of studying in another country is very appealing to me, and Ireland as a whole has always been one of the countries I'd like to visit most. Since QUB has courses I am interested in and it's not too far away I'll definitely be applying.

Thanks again for the assistance! :smile:

You are most welcome!:hat2:

And I'm so glad to hear you're considering Queen's. Belfast honestly is such a good place to live and study and there's so much to explore in Northern Ireland as a whole!

All the very best of luck with the application! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by jorme431
Hello

I applied to computer science g400 with direct entry to year two I was wondering if there was any scholarship available as i am planning get it DDD in my HND to get in.

Thanks jorme431

Hi jorme431,

Just getting back to you regarding scholarships for the Computer Science G400 degree and unfortunately there are none available for direct entry students in this programme.

Hope you got the information through from Admissions regarding your application as well!

Best of luck with everything! :crossedf:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Reply 65
Hi! I was just wondering if I should expect a confirmation email from Queen's saying that my application has been received or is being considered? Thank you.:smile:
Original post by aoifso
Hi! I was just wondering if I should expect a confirmation email from Queen's saying that my application has been received or is being considered? Thank you.:smile:

Hi there aoifso :h:

Yes, confirmation emails are usually sent out within 2 weeks of Admissions receiving your application however there is currently a problem with the system which is causing a bit of a delay.

If you contact them directly on 028 9097 3838 or email [email protected] they will be able to tell you whether they have received your application or not.

Best of luck! :crossedf:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi! I have a question regarding the Vice Chancellor's International Attainment Scholarship.
According to the website, the last day for applying is 8th June. So will the result be decided after 8th of June or as soon as applications start coming in? Also, will only the successful applicants be notified about the result?
Original post by Austen_99
Hi! I have a question regarding the Vice Chancellor's International Attainment Scholarship.
According to the website, the last day for applying is 8th June. So will the result be decided after 8th of June or as soon as applications start coming in? Also, will only the successful applicants be notified about the result?

Hi there Austen_99 :wavey:

Thanks for your question.

I'm looking into this for you and will be back in touch when I have an answer!

Thanks,

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Hello again Austen_99 :wavey:

Our International Office has confirmed that the decision regarding who will receive the Vice-Chancellor's Attainment Scholarship will be made after the final closing date and that only successful applicants will be notified.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hello again Austen_99 :wavey:

Our International Office has confirmed that the decision regarding who will receive the Vice-Chancellor's Attainment Scholarship will be made after the final closing date and that only successful applicants will be notified.

If you have any other questions please let me know.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Thank you very much for your help!
Thank you very much for your help!

You are very welcome Austen_99 :top2:
Hi :smile: Do you know when interview offers are made for Mental Health Nursing?
I thought this was an AMA for someone with multiple personality disorder oml
Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd
Hi :smile: Do you know when interview offers are made for Mental Health Nursing?

Hi there Lizzipth_Floyd,

Our Admissions team are currently making their way through all the applications and are sending out offers on an ongoing basis.

Hopefully you'll hear something very soon! :crossedf:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Reply 75
Hello, I was hoping to find out how long on average it takes until we receive offers through UCAS after applying?? Thank you :smile:
Original post by joy5599
Hello, I was hoping to find out how long on average it takes until we receive offers through UCAS after applying?? Thank you :smile:

Hi joy5599 :hello:

The timescale on which offers are made varies course by course and also year on year due to varying numbers applying etc.

The closing date for UCAS applications for the majority of undergraduate courses was yesterday (15th January) and so our Admissions team is currently very busy. Don't panic if you haven't heard from them just yet - they will be making their way through everyone's application as quickly as they can.

Hope you hear some good news soon! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi!
I received an offer from you guys on Friday which wanted my photocopies of my previous qualifications. Which email should I send my qualification to ?

Thanks!
Original post by MichaelChan16
Hi!
I received an offer from you guys on Friday which wanted my photocopies of my previous qualifications. Which email should I send my qualification to ?

Thanks!

Hi MichaelChan16,

Congratulations on your offer! :congrats:

Admissions request that you email them at [email protected]. It's probably easiest just to reply to your offer email. You should attach either high quality scans or photographs of the necessary documentation. Please ensure all 4 corners of the documents can be seen and are legible.

If you need any other information please just let me know.

All the very best of luck with your exams and hopefully we'll see you on campus in September!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi!

I know you may not have a straight answer, but I wondered if there was anyway you could know what stage the admissions team are at in sorting through applications for pscyhology? I applied on December 1st however on another forum I saw somebody had gotten word back who had applied on December 5th. If I knew I could hear soon I would be happy, I just hope my application is still still going to be processed as this doesn't seem to be done in chronological order? Any info would be really helpful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest