The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jiksi
Hey, just popping in here as visitor from the Cambridge postgrad thread to wish all of you good luck! We'll see each other in October :smile:

Congrats on your offer :smile: what subject/ college?
Original post by CutieTootsie
Please be a troll please be a troll please be a troll 😭

I wouldn't worry - checked his posts and it turns out he's an Economics student at Bristol. :tongue:
Original post by gingerboyben
I wouldn't worry - checked his posts and it turns out he's an Economics student at Bristol. :tongue:

Phew thank you!
Original post by CD1997
So i got an email yesterday morning from Durham for an invitation to the online information session.Then last night my UCAS was updated with an offer from Durham.

I saw on this thread a few people got a similar email from Cambridge a couple of days ago, but I didn't receive one from Cambridge. Does me not getting an email from Cambridge with an invitation for the online information session when others on here have got one suggest the email only goes to offer holders? Or am I just being paranoid?!

You're being paranoid. We can't communicate with applicants on anything to do with their application until tomorrow. Nothing you get before the letter or email tomorrow will indicate anything about the contents of said letter or email.
I wonder if admissions tutors look through this thread and recognise who they gave offers to. Like, "he keeps going on about Kings, but he should really start focussing on Selwyn because we fished you, yer lucky *******"

Edit: hi 👋🏾 to anyone college that actually wanted me
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Abstract_Prism
I think so. I already have an offer from UCL but I think I'd enjoy Durham more. I really don't like the idea of living in London, especially as a student... Not sure why I applied tbh, didn't really think about it (or have time to think about it) :s-smilie:

Career prospects would pretty much be the same whether I went to UCL or Durham tbh. Except if I wanted to get into IB, but the more I read about it the more I think that's a bad idea. It's easy to say you'd be willing to work 100+ hour weeks for several years now when your only commitments are going to school, but actually doing it... It would be such a miserable experience... Plus I have no interest in finance.

You thinking Durham for 2nd choice as well?

Spoiler

Felt the same way about London tbh. Durham is deffo what I'll take if Cambridge reject me.
Reply 1466
Congrats on your offer :smile: what subject/ college?

Thank you! I'll study for the MPhil in Education at Homerton :smile: What subject are you hoping to study and where? :smile:

Also, I'm so glad that there are no fixed d-days for postgrads. I can't imagine what you're going through right now, really. It was nerve-wracking enough without a d-day :tongue:
Have a feeling I've got the perfect album to listen to tomorrow
painkillers.jpg
(edited 7 years ago)
You just made me realise there are parent lurkers too 😱
I wonder how many are disappointed of the things I say on this thread lol

Your honesty and passion shine through! I'm a first time poster and parent lurker and I'm rooting for you and all the other familiar names. If Cambridge rejects you, it is their loss. You've got the grit and determination to succeed as a doctor and I wish you, and all the other anxious applicants,, all the best. My daughter, a medicine applicant, is quite chilled. It's me that's stressing!!
If I worked at one of those Royal Mail sorting centres I could've tried to intercept my letter tomorrow. Curse my laziness

Something that I made to boost morale on the Other Place's thread. I think it's fair that I post it here too before we all go out of our minds.

Attachment not found
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jiksi
Thank you! I'll study for the MPhil in Education at Homerton :smile: What subject are you hoping to study and where? :smile:

Also, I'm so glad that there are no fixed d-days for postgrads. I can't imagine what you're going through right now, really. It was nerve-wracking enough without a d-day :tongue:

Medicine at Jesus but I'm starting to lose interest because most people get rejected hahaha
This way I'll lessen the length of time I cry tomorrow.
Original post by jamestg
Felt the same way about London tbh. Durham is deffo what I'll take if Cambridge reject me.

Also need to choose between UCL and Durham (over Warwick) if rejected by Cambridge

I will decide tomorrow.....
Original post by Debs25
Your honesty and passion shine through! I'm a first time poster and parent lurker and I'm rooting for you and all the other familiar names. If Cambridge rejects you, it is their loss. You've got the grit and determination to succeed as a doctor and I wish you, and all the other anxious applicants,, all the best. My daughter, a medicine applicant, is quite chilled. It's me that's stressing!!

Awh ❤️ best of luck to your daughter!
Original post by carpenoctem
If I worked at one of those Royal Mail sorting centres I could've tried to intercept my letter tomorrow. Curse my laziness

Something that I made to boost morale on the Other Place's thread. I think it's fair that I post it here too before we all go out of our minds.

Attachment not found

Most excellent.
Send it to Memebridge ASAP and whatever the other place call theirs.

are you a cambridge undergrad applicant?
Another parent lurker out of the closet. For all of you worried about tomorrow, you are not alone, every single one of your parents is feeling exactly the same. We have taken the journey with you and most of us have supported your aspirations and will feel the same emotions as you when you find out the decision . Good luck tomorrow
hiya... does anyone know if newnham send letters or emalis
Original post by ajhbfd
are you a cambridge undergrad applicant?

Nope, I'm a parent of a Cambridge student.

Are you an applicant?
Original post by jneill
Most excellent.
Send it to Memebridge ASAP and whatever the other place call theirs.

Why thank you and on it boss (what sort of a name is Oxmeme - I'd prefer Memeford but I guess that arrangement is taken :smile:)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by carpenoctem
Why thank you and on it boss (what sort of a name is Oxmeme)

Idk, not a great name :rofl: :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending