The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing Applicants Kings College London 2017

Hey I was just wondering if anyone else has a place or is applying for adult nursing at Kings for September 2017.

I have confirmed my place at KCL for September 2017😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Natashagibbons98
Hey I was just wondering if anyone else has a place or is applying for adult nursing at Kings for September 2017.

I have confirmed my place at KCL for September 2017😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi :smile:

I'm currently in the process of applying to KCL for Adult Nursing as well. How did you gain an offer so early on? How did you find the selection process? I hope they give the option to do both the tests and interview on the same day, as I work full-time in a nursing home, so I cannot afford to request too much time off!

I sent my application off on Wednesday, so I'm now waiting for their decision :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wikiellie
Hi :smile:

I'm currently in the process of applying to KCL for Adult Nursing as well. How did you gain an offer so early on? How did you find the selection process? I hope they give the option to do both the tests and interview on the same day, as I work full-time in a nursing home, so I cannot afford to request too much time off!

I sent my application off on Wednesday, so I'm now waiting for their decision :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied last year and deferred my place. I sent off my UCAS application December 2015 and I had interviews by March/April. I think you can do both on the same day because on my interview there were a few people who sat the tests afterwards. I'm not sure whether this is because they lived quite far away whereas I only live in Kent so it was easy for me to travel each time. I'm sure if you are invited for interviews etc. you could make that clear to them and request for the same day 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied last year and deferred my place. I sent off my UCAS application December 2015 and I had interviews by March/April. I think you can do both on the same day because on my interview there were a few people who sat the tests afterwards. I'm not sure whether this is because they lived quite far away whereas I only live in Kent so it was easy for me to travel each time. I'm sure if you are invited for interviews etc. you could make that clear to them and request for the same day 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your advice. As you say, it would perhaps be easier to contact them and request the tests and interview to be on the same day. How long did you wait to hear back from them? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys. Kings is my dream university, and i really want to study adult nursing, but i am unsure if i need a science. I am in year 12 and currently do biology as my only science, but am really struggling with it and am not sure if i will manage to carry on with it. My other subjects are geography, socioloty and politics. I was wondering from those of you who have offers, did you do biology and what we're your predicted grades
Original post by hmorgan24
Hi guys. Kings is my dream university, and i really want to study adult nursing, but i am unsure if i need a science. I am in year 12 and currently do biology as my only science, but am really struggling with it and am not sure if i will manage to carry on with it. My other subjects are geography, socioloty and politics. I was wondering from those of you who have offers, did you do biology and what we're your predicted grades

Stick with biology, they love when you have it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all I just received a conditional offer for kings adult nursing September 2017 :smile: fingers crossed I meet the conditions
I failed biology in year 12 so I couldn't carry on with it. My other subjects were maths, health and social care and business. I have an unconditional offer for kings adult nursing 2017 so think positive

I failed biology in year 12 so I couldn't carry on with it. My other subjects were maths, health and social care and business. I have an unconditional offer for kings adult nursing 2017 so think positive

Thanks so much. What grades did you get at AS if you dont mind me asking. Congratulations on the offer btw x
Thanks so much. What grades did you get at AS if you dont mind me asking. Congratulations on the offer btw x

Thank you😅in both my BTECs I got distinctions in the first year and in maths I got a C at AS. At the time I applied I didn't have any experience either, quite surprised I got an offer. But now I have 6 months experience working in a care home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hi I have a conditional offer with kings college found out Wednesday
Original post by churnel
Hi I have a conditional offer with kings college found out Wednesday

When did you have your interview?
Reply 12
6th January
Original post by churnel
6th January

thx!
Reply 14
Hi! I applied for children's nursing, not adults but still, I was wondering whether the practice papers online had the same structure as the exams I'll take in a few weeks time. I've been reading that the literacy paper is actually an essay- I'm just worried that the math paper will be tweaked too. How was your experience with the tests? Thanks
Original post by MjMarcelo99
Hi! I applied for children's nursing, not adults but still, I was wondering whether the practice papers online had the same structure as the exams I'll take in a few weeks time. I've been reading that the literacy paper is actually an essay- I'm just worried that the math paper will be tweaked too. How was your experience with the tests? Thanks

Hi, didn't King's send you the practice papers from last year through the portal? The literacy paper from last year didn't include an essay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by wikiellie
Hi, didn't King's send you the practice papers from last year through the portal? The literacy paper from last year didn't include an essay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't receive an email with the literacy paper from last year. I got 2 emails from them; the email about my application being processed and an email about scheduling my interview. I did both literacy and numeracy papers on the King's website, but I read somewhere (here onTSR) that there was an essay. I assumed they may have changed the testing, so I'm worried about that.
Original post by MjMarcelo99
I didn't receive an email with the literacy paper from last year. I got 2 emails from them; the email about my application being processed and an email about scheduling my interview. I did both literacy and numeracy papers on the King's website, but I read somewhere (here onTSR) that there was an essay. I assumed they may have changed the testing, so I'm worried about that.

I suggest you keep an eye on the portal, as they should send an email soon with practice papers from last year enclosed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, Just wondering if anyone is attending the interview on Feb 7th?
Reply 19
I had my interview on Monday 23rd and just got my conditional offer from them last night, I am so happy! 😊😊😊

Quick Reply