The Student Room Group

Integration of different ethnic groups.

Why are some ethnic groups more integrated than others?

Scroll to see replies

Dangerous religious ideologies (primarily Islam but also Orthodix Judaism) and inevitably there will be a greater risk of problems from people from failed states e.g. Somalia (so cultural and criminal respectively) .

There is also the relatively recent (western) awful idea that is multiculturalism. liberal democracies are objectively better pls ex to live than anywhere else on earth today.
Political and economic pressures, essentially. Ethnic tensions and polarisation get ratcheted up when there's political capital to be made from doing so.
They mutilate their boys :-/
Reply 4
Original post by Davij038
Dangerous religious ideologies (primarily Islam but also Orthodix Judaism) and inevitably there will be a greater risk of problems from people from failed states e.g. Somalia (so cultural and criminal respectively) .

There is also the relatively recent (western) awful idea that is multiculturalism. liberal democracies are objectively better pls ex to live than anywhere else on earth today.

If integration is taking off your hijab/drinking/partying/having sex with a lot of people then you're a moron, there are different ways to enjoy life. Moron
Reply 5
Original post by Maker

Can White Australians integrate into Britain ?

Can people from Ireland integrate ?

Can white Americans integrate ?

Can Somalians ?

If so, why ? If not, why not ?
Original post by Therec00
Can White Australians integrate into Britain ?

Can people from Ireland integrate ?

Can white Americans integrate ?

Can Somalians ?

If so, why ? If not, why not ?

Depends on the individual. That said the first three are from highly similar cultural backgrounds to our own wheras the UK has virtually nothing in common with Somalia which is a failed state in dire poverty and crime
Reply 7
Original post by Davij038
Depends on the individual. That said the first three are from highly similar cultural backgrounds to our own wheras the UK has virtually nothing in common with Somalia which is a failed state in dire poverty and crime

So let's have immigration of people who are similar to us.

Why is this such a mystery and rocket science for some people ?

Why is this entire country mentally incapable of discussing immigration in any rational way ?
based on what? Referring to what?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
They mutilate their boys :-/

not the least of their crimes
Because they share more basic cultural qualities than others, eg. tolerance towards beliefs and lifestyle of your neighbour.
Original post by Therec00
So let's have immigration of people who are similar to us.

Why is this such a mystery and rocket science for some people ?

Why is this entire country mentally incapable of discussing immigration in any rational way ?

Does that mean we ban immigration on the super rich? They are sure as **** different to the vast majority of people who lilive in this country.
No, I insulted the other guy as well as making some choice remarks about the religion of peace TM - which included the reasons for which I tagged you. The moderators did not approve of some of my uh, concerns I have with that oarticular culture....

I only insult people after they've insulted me first and even then it's not often.
Original post by Maker

Cultural similarity
Original post by 0to100
not the least of their crimes

Yes, I'd allow them a pass on circumcision. Not so much on their globalist agendas to enslaves the masses
People from cultures that are similar to the UK will integrate more easily, it's quite simple really. Also, people from cultures with a general strong work ethic e.g. Japan would integrate quite easily, especially since Japan isn't quite religious even though the Japanese culture is very different.
Original post by Maker

Well i think people from culturally similar countries are easier to integrate into our country as they are similar types of people. For example Americans are more easier integrated into our society than Pakistanis because they can speak English fluently, they are a mostly christian/ catholic country so they also have that in common with us where as Pakistanis, a lot of them can not speak a word of English stick the asses up in the air towards the east and prey to Allah also they are not very similar to the majority of people in our county in fact they are the polar opposite and unlike a lot of people from different countries IE i have met a russian more integrated than a Pakistani, they love sport, Putin and are as racist as us, whats not to like?
Original post by zezno
If integration is taking off your hijab/drinking/partying/having sex with a lot of people then you're a moron, there are different ways to enjoy life. Moron

there is more to british culture than the above - it seems most muslims are brainwashed to only have that simplistic viewpoint opinion (amoung other things)

Original post by F.Nietzsche
People from cultures that are similar to the UK will integrate more easily, it's quite simple really. Also, people from cultures with a general strong work ethic e.g. Japan would integrate quite easily, especially since Japan isn't quite religious even though the Japanese culture is very different.

muslims are ( to some extent 0 similar to you christians in culture - in as much tthat islam is essentialy the same faith as christianity and shares much of its cultural traditions. however religious groups who have far less in common with abrahmic fiath have come to uk and integrated far better.

To OP - there are various cultures that have integrated far better than the two you have mentioned - they didnt necessarrily come to the uk with piles of cash or even with the perfect grasp of english, but they came with the mindset to work hard , get on with their neighbourand do well. i sincerly think that original muslim migrants of 40+ years ago came with that same advanced mindset but it is their children and grandchildren that have regressed backward into a more what we word term in asian community ' villager mindset' where they turn their back on the things their parents came here for and now listen to the doctrine of the village idiots - in this case the islamist sheikhs, emirs and youtube preachers that have their ear. Intellect and logic goes out the window
(edited 7 years ago)
I think the issue is more mass immigration of specific groups of poorer people, in turn leading to them not integrating properly into the community and leading to ghettos being formed.
Original post by anarchism101
Political and economic pressures, essentially. Ethnic tensions and polarisation get ratcheted up when there's political capital to be made from doing so.

So the Muslim child rape gangs,Muslim suicide bombers,Muslims murdering British soldiers on the capital's streets..............not connected to tensions between British Muslims and the rest of us?

Are you sure?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending