The Student Room Group

Trump compromised by Russian intelligence, reports say

Scroll to see replies

The 4chan story isn't even the same allegation. The original 4chan snippet was "about Trump making people piss on a bed Obama slept in”, not the same thing at all.
http://mashable.com/2017/01/11/4chan-reddit-trump-sex-act/#cjoQMsABCaqB

The claim that the story was then extrapolated into the Russian prostitute saga from this was posted by an anonymous user.

So basically the evidence that it originated in 4chan amounts to any old user unprovably claiming that it was based on a comment that was distant from the current story.
Original post by l'etranger
Looks like another ruse from the anonymous hacker known as 4Chan

No it isn't, that's an outright lie that has been spread around specifically to discredit this report. Whilst the report is unverified, it has been passed on to and released by the US intelligence services. If you seriously think they are stupid enough to release this on the basis of a screenshot from 4chan (forgetting for a moment that this was actually reported before the 4chan incident occured), you are delusional.
Looks like another ruse from the anonymous hacker known as 4Chan

http://nypost.com/2017/01/10/buzzfeeds-trump-report-takes-fake-news-to-a-new-level/

"Hacker known as 4chan" :lol:

You'll have to point me to the actual evidence that this came from 4chan. Thus far the only "evidence" I've seen is a screenshot of an email from a Trump supporter claiming that it is. That's not evidence at all, yet you seem willing to accept it at face value.

Btw, you seem to be confused as to the meaning of fake news. The fact that this report exists, that fact it came from a former MI6 officer, the fact US intelligence ajudged it credible, and the fact it was included in a report that went before the president of the United States, is true. No-one is denying that. Therefore, the American people have a right to know that. As to the claims in the report, they should be investigated. Of course Trump supporters don't want any investigations and that's why they're angrily and desperately trying to suppress this report, muddy the waters and claim the whole thing is "fake news" when the fact that the report exists, that it came from a former MI6 officer, etc etc, is indisputable.
Original post by Aj12
he memos, first disclosed by CNN, were written by a former high-ranking British intelligence official hired by Republicans last year to collect information on Trump, were delivered by Sen. John McCain to FBI chief James Comey in December. While the FBI has not verified the accuracy of any of the claims, “U.S. officials had evaluated the sources relied upon by the private firm, considered them credible, and determined that it was plausible that they would have firsthand knowledge of Russia’s alleged dossier on Trump,” the Washington Post reports

Intriguing to note the end part, this was not simply something made up on 4chan at any rate.

The mere fact that all of the main news organisations are reporting on this round the clock suggests they think there is a lot more solidity to it than mere rumour mongering.

Note that so far Trump has specifically denied none of it.

The Russian response has been that the Kremlin does not engage in Kompromat-gathering. Well of course. They have the FSB for that.
Original post by Plagioclase
No it isn't, that's an outright lie that has been spread around specifically to discredit this report. Whilst the report is unverified, it has been passed on to and released by the US intelligence services. If you seriously think they are stupid enough to release this on the basis of a screenshot from 4chan (forgetting for a moment that this was actually reported before the 4chan incident occured), you are delusional.

Bloody well said. I went onto the Trump subreddit shortly after this happened and I saw the "evidence" for the 4chan hoax theory; it's simply a screenshot of an email / message. Here's another screenshot they are providing as "evidence" for the 4chan theory (https://i.sli.mg/3UN0TD.png).

As you say, they're trying to muddy the waters. They believe that if they can push this 4chan angle, stupid people (Trump supporters) will think the whole thing must be a hoax, when the fact of the report existing, of it coming from a well-respected former MI6 officer (I'm wondering if it's Richard Barrett), that it was ajudged credible by US intelligence and included in the intelligence summary to the president... these are indisputable facts, and the media has every right to report on it.

The reason Trumptards are going mental is that they know how damaging this is. But they're completely incapable of admitting they were wrong. They're completely emotionally invested in Trump. Increasingly Trumptards resemble those world war 2 Japanese soldiers who were still out there in the jungle, "fighting" the war against the Americans, in the 1960s. :lol:

I think the fact it's being covered before it has been verified casts significant doubt on these claims. Either it's ok for the media to publish unverified reports, about basically anyone or it's not but if it is ok, then don't complain about media bias in the future ever and if it's not ok, wait until this report is verified.
(edited 7 years ago)
It's interesting to see how some of the most execrable practitioners of "fake news", the Trumptards (who believed and spread the Pizzagate conspiracy theory) claim that any story that tends to pop their little delusional bubble is "fake news".

I suppose from within the paranoid fog, that totally makes sense to their tiny, shrivelled brains.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Bloody well said. I went onto the Trump subreddit shortly after this happened and I saw the "evidence" for the 4chan hoax theory; it's simply a screenshot of an email / message. Here's another screenshot they are providing as "evidence" for the 4chan theory (https://i.sli.mg/3UN0TD.png).

As you say, they're trying to muddy the waters. They believe that if they can push this 4chan angle, stupid people (Trump supporters) will think the whole thing must be a hoax, when the fact of the report existing, of it coming from a well-respected former MI6 officer (I'm wondering if it's Richard Barrett), that it was ajudged credible by US intelligence and included in the intelligence summary to the president... these are indisputable facts, and the media has every right to report on it.

The reason Trumptards are going mental is that they know how damaging this is. But they're completely incapable of admitting they were wrong. They're completely emotionally invested in Trump. Increasingly Trumptards resemble those world war 2 Japanese soldiers who were still out there in the jungle, "fighting" the war against the Americans, in the 1960s. :lol:

If this report is credible, why was it not released when Hillary was running up against Trump and used as ammunition, I mean OK, if Trump has been compromised then that's relevant and something the electorate should have been able to take into account when deciding who to vote for, so how come this is only now being raised as an issue now, by some angry NeoCon dinosaurs?

If anyone needs to go back to the 60's, it's the Neo-Conservatives who think sabre ratting over the Russians or the Iranians is in the best interests of the American people.
(edited 7 years ago)
The claim that this was a "4chan prank" is fake news. There's no evidence for it other than a screenshot of an email from some random Trump supporter claiming that it is, with no supporting evidence.

Because failing to bow down before Putin and let him **** the west up the ass is "anti-Russian" :rolleyes:

How can anyone believe a show like RT had the power to influence the elections so much?

:lol: That's hilarious you're denying the Russian government is pro-Trump. Genuinely hilarious. Members of the Russian duma burst into applause when Trump's victory was announced. Trump has appointed personal friends of Vladimir Putin to Secretary of State and National Security Adviser. He has supported Russia's position on Syria and Crimea, and denied out of hand the obviousness of Russia hacking the DNC.

Nice strawman. If you object to Russia hacking US institutions and engaging in a propaganda campaign to undermine the US election, then you're just being a warmonger who hates Russians.

Vladimir Putin is the one who has created the hostile relationship. President Obama tried very hard to "reset" the US relationship with Russia, he assumed it must have been the evil neocons who had caused Russia's hostility. And then he found out himself; it is Russia's inability to act like a civilised nation, its violent fascist tendencies, its desire to subvert Western democracy by supporting fascists and extremists.

Then again, if you're a neo-Nazi you wouldn't see that as subversion; you'd see it as Lord Putin coming to the rescue

Why shouldn't the Russian government be pro-trump? Hilary Clinton would more likely that not have started a war with them.Obama is not exactly friendly towards them.As for supporting extremists the USA does it's fair share of that.They were supporting extremists in Syria.Those rebels were at least 50% islamist and probably more.The only rebels with any real power were certainly Islamist groups like Al Nursra. So the USA hardly has the moral high ground on that.I don't believe that Russia is remotely interested in invading the west.Why would they be? They have to trade with us to survive economically.They also cannot beat NATO in a war unless they use nuclear weapons.As nuclear weapons would tend to wipe out most forms of complex life I really do not see how starting a war with the west would benefit them.This is just anti-russian propaganda.
Reply 89
Here is the intelligence report put together by a former CIA counter-intelligence officer outlining the Trump compromise.

https://www.scribd.com/document/336225757/Trump-Intelligence-Allegations#from_embed
The whole report is written in a very amateurish way and is very likely to be bogus. Has as much credibility as the report which said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

(Q) If it was genuine why did it not come out before the election?
(A) Because it has only just been thrown together.
I think the fact it's being covered before it has been verified casts significant doubt on these claims. Either it's ok for the media to publish unverified reports, about basically anyone or it's not but if it is ok, then don't complain about media bias in the future ever and if it's not ok, wait until this report is verified.

Not really. It is what it is i.e a report and speculation. It was ok for the Pizzagate affair to be pushed when there was no evidence and it was completely made up. Its ok to discuss it and its implications with the proviso it needs to be verified.
Original post by 999tigger
Not really. It is what it is i.e a report and speculation. It was ok for the Pizzagate affair to be pushed when there was no evidence and it was completely made up. Its ok to discuss it and its implications with the proviso it needs to be verified.

I assure you that nobody apart from the Breibart was ok with Pizzagate and that shows the great hypocrisy of the losers here.
TIL John McCain is a liberal.

Except it wasn't directed towards him.
Original post by Robby2312

Why shouldn't the Russian government be pro-trump? Hilary Clinton would more likely that not have started a war with them

The claim Clinton would start World War 3 is a fake meme that originated as Russian government propaganda. Clearly it worked on you.

But it's completely illogical; are they saying that by standing up to Russia and not bending over for Vlad, Clinton would have started a war? That failing to be a shill for the Russians will cause the Russians to go mental and start world war 3? I think not, they're not suicidal.

The only rebels with any real power were certainly Islamist groups like Al Nursra.

The US never supported Al-Nusra. Completely made up. What is undeniably true is that the US has consistently opposed and fought ISIS (and its predecessor org, Al-Qaeda in Iraq). By contrast, Bashar al-Assad was AQI's biggest supporter in the 2000s; he allowed them to use Syria as a logistics base from which to launch attacks into Iraq in the post-2003 era.

And in late 2011, just when the civil war was starting to heat up, Assad released thousands of jihadist prisoners from jails, knowing they would rise up against him and create an Islamist insurgency which he could use to discredit the moderate opposition.

So please, if you're going to claim you don't like Islamist terrorism (and I bet you're very happy with it when it's Hamas or Hezbollah), try to be consistent
Original post by Fullofsurprises
The mere fact that all of the main news organisations are reporting on this round the clock suggests they think there is a lot more solidity to it than mere rumour mongering.

Imagine the reverse for a second. What would you have thought of this argument if it had been made about Clinton's email controversy? I doubt you would've accepted this then, and quite rightly so.
Original post by Dodgypirate
Except it wasn't directed towards him.

Except he was the one who shared this intelligence in the first place. You really have to be pulling some pretty hardcore mental gymnastics if you want to try to convince yourself that this is the fault of the liberal media. Donald Trump is so atrocious that he is turning the Republican establishment against him.
Original post by Hydeman
Imagine the reverse for a second. What would you have thought of this argument if it had been made about Clinton's email controversy? I doubt you would've accepted this then, and quite rightly so.

Just look at the left's reaction to Pizzagate to see how hypocritical and morally bankrupt they are. ''B...b..but he's a rapist George tell him about the report, tell em about John McCain George''
Apparently Trump has a golden sink and a taps to match his golden showers

Except he was the one who shared this intelligence in the first place. You really have to be pulling some pretty hardcore mental gymnastics if you want to try to convince yourself that this is the fault of the liberal media. Donald Trump is so atrocious that he is turning the Republican establishment against him.

John McCain is a good example - he's a powerful figure on the Republican side and he absolutely hates Trump, not least because Trump called him a coward - McCain is a decorated war hero - and for other reasons. It would appear that Trump's chief skill lies in making enemies amongst people who should be your friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending