The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by k.russell
Will the letters be in the post by now? :sss

Some will, some won't. Ours get collected at 4.30pm and we are stuffing envelopes until then.
Offers coming,
All around me,
Students crying,
Everywhere.

It's the season,
Nerves and tension building,
Merry D-day everyone.

:lol:

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Who is doing chemical engineering at Cambridge? Who got in
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Offers coming,
All around me,
Students crying,
Everywhere.

It's the season,
Nerves and tension building,
Merry D-day everyone.

:lol:

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

PRSOM xD :rofl:
Original post by LisaNikita
Who is doing chemical engineering at Cambridge? Who got in

I applied to Cambridge for Chemical Engineering (via Natural Sciences) :smile: Well i guess we'll find out tomorrow whether we got in or not.
Original post by kcathalia
I applied to Cambridge for Chemical Engineering (via Natural Sciences) :smile: Well i guess we'll find out tomorrow whether we got in or not.

Following you
The feels on The Other Place's thread... Mostly :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do the offers get sent by email (intl student) at midnight UK time?~ (Medwards, in particular)
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: and :console: and some :smile: *^O^*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boombayah
Do the offers get sent by email (intl student) at midnight UK time?~ (Medwards, in particular)

They will be sent some time between 9am and 5pm GMT tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I'm afraid we aren't waiting by our computers at midnight to send emails. They will be send tomorrow during office hours. Sorry. :smile:
Original post by jneill

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't read through it knowing that tomorrow that will be us, such a rollercoaster of emotions

@wolfmoon88 wolfie I'm sorry man :frown: :hugs:

If it gives any indication I've got a few friends who applied to Oxford and got results today (2 got rejected, one got in) and the mails came around 11 french time so 10 am GMT ^^
But this doesn't mean yours will come at that time because 1) it was oxford not cambridge 2) depends totally on your college
Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
No, I'm afraid we aren't waiting by our computers at midnight to send emails. They will be send tomorrow during office hours. Sorry. :smile:

Haha, I understand!! Just asked incase the emails were timed or something~ can't wait^^
Original post by liziepie
I can't read through it knowing that tomorrow that will be us, such a rollercoaster of emotions

@wolfmoon88 wolfie I'm sorry man :frown: :hugs:

It's ok, Thank you :hugs: Good Luck Tomorrow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seeing ppl get really suprised to get offers and stuff gives me a bit hope but then again I don't want too much of a disappointment :u:
I just found out the only other person who was seriously considering going to my second choice uni got an offer from Oxford. Super happy for her, but my second choice uni's really far away and now I'm going to have to go alone :frown:
Haven't posted in this new thread yet but have read through it all as usual...best of luck to everyone tomorrow and especially good luck to those being reinterviewed!! I imagine that would be incredibly stressful but it is a good thing - a college liked you and chose you, rather than you choosing them as before, plus your chances have gone from ~20% to ~50% (maths probably inaccurate there but I'm going by the stats of around 20% of applicants getting offers and around 50% of pool interviewees getting offers).

Haven't heard news from all my Oxford applicant friends yet but the ones that have told me both got rejected :frown:. Making me even more nervous for tomorrow as they are truly brilliant.
Haha, I understand!! Just asked incase the emails were timed or something~ can't wait^^

Don't worry, I guessed that was the case but no, they're not. :smile:
Reply 1559
If anyone else here is a Corpus applicant, don't get confused by the fact most colleges send letters to everyone and some don't send emails to UK applicants.

Here is what Corpus Christi's website says:
"All decisions will be communicated by email, to ensure that applicants receive the news as quickly as possible. In the vast majority of cases, the decision email will be sent on Thursday 12 January 2017. Successful applicants will also receive a letter, though this may arrive later than 12 January depending on the post. Unsuccessful applicants will only receive an email."

@Corpus Admissions please confirm :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending