The Student Room Group

Law or Economics degree?

Hey I am stuck between choosing an econ or law degree, I currently take law A level and enjoy the subject but I havn't taken econ before just maths and business a level which I also enjoy. Just wondering if anyone took either of these degrees and could give me some insight? and if anyone knows how similar/different law A level and degree are that would be helpful, thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by student_m123
Hey I am stuck between choosing an econ or law degree, I currently take law A level and enjoy the subject but I havn't taken econ before just maths and business a level which I also enjoy. Just wondering if anyone took either of these degrees and could give me some insight? and if anyone knows how similar/different law A level and degree are that would be helpful, thanks.

I am currently in the middle of my Economics and Business Administration degree and I am going to study law after I finish (I have deferred offers for 2018). Some tips that you might find useful - Even though these degrees are inevitably connected in real life, the ways they are taught are extremely different. Economics is applied mathematics and you should have a flair for numbers if you really want to enjoy this degree. On the other hand, law is much more essay-based and you will probably spend more time reading and in libraries. Do you like reading? Could you imagine yourself spending hours and hours going through various cases?

Both subjects touch the same areas, look at the same things from different perspectives. However, they fundamentally employ distant methods and do not necessarily go hand in hand..
Reply 2
Original post by Mieleki
I am currently in the middle of my Economics and Business Administration degree and I am going to study law after I finish (I have deferred offers for 2018). Some tips that you might find useful - Even though these degrees are inevitably connected in real life, the ways they are taught are extremely different. Economics is applied mathematics and you should have a flair for numbers if you really want to enjoy this degree. On the other hand, law is much more essay-based and you will probably spend more time reading and in libraries. Do you like reading? Could you imagine yourself spending hours and hours going through various cases?

Both subjects touch the same areas, look at the same things from different perspectives. However, they fundamentally employ distant methods and do not necessarily go hand in hand..

Thanks, I am used to reading up about cases to some extent from A level law and I can do maths but i am not natuarlly gifted in the subject and have to work hard making it challenging sometimes, your points are really helpful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending