The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PythagoreanBro
I just found out the only other person who was seriously considering going to my second choice uni got an offer from Oxford. Super happy for her, but my second choice uni's really far away and now I'm going to have to go alone :frown:

What is your second choice uni? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by navip
If anyone else here is a Corpus applicant, don't get confused by the fact most colleges send letters to everyone and some don't send emails to UK applicants.

Here is what Corpus Christi's website says:
"All decisions will be communicated by email, to ensure that applicants receive the news as quickly as possible. In the vast majority of cases, the decision email will be sent on Thursday 12 January 2017. Successful applicants will also receive a letter, though this may arrive later than 12 January depending on the post. Unsuccessful applicants will only receive an email."

@Corpus Admissions please confirm :smile:

If it's on the college website it's probably true ^^
oh my so so nervous. And still 15 hours left at least. No sleep for me tonight...
Original post by wolfmoon88
What is your second choice uni? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Southampton (and I'm a northerner :frown:)
Original post by jneill
The feels on The Other Place's thread... Mostly :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah all my mates who applied for Oxford got rejected bar one, doesn't exactly instill confidence for tomorrow...
All my friends are getting accepted into oxford and I'm here like :s-smilie: can tomorrow hurry up I just want to be put out of my misery already lol
Southampton (and I'm a northerner :frown:)

I'm sure it will be ok :smile: going far is tough but I'm sure that you'll fit in hella fast! (ofc hoping that you'll get an offer from Cambs though)

Plus your not moving further than me, I will be flying 13 hours to get to the UK :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had such weird dreams yesterday. They were definitely because of nervousness.

Well , good luck for tomorrow everyone.
Original post by k.russell
Will the letters be in the post by now? :sss

Probably if they are meant to arrive tomorrow.

Original post by daniilS
A real one :s-smilie:

Oh no! It depends how well you think you will take the news either way
Original post by AbstractHeart

At least you managed to get some sleep :tongue:
Reply 1570
:frown: Frustrated
Tomorrow I have no lessons no exam
so I'm going to stay at home,
Sleep at the dawn, wake up at the sunset
If I woke up I'm going to check my email
with my left eye
If It was a rejection I'm going to close my eye
Without my right eye,
I can pretend the thing cannot be justified
And I'll take the pill, swallow the despair
Till my reincarnation starts again.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AbstractHeart

I woke up, having had a dream that I'd got in, and i was convinced I had got in and that it was friday morning, and then I looked at my phone and realised it wasn't.

Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
Yeah all my mates who applied for Oxford got rejected bar one, doesn't exactly instill confidence for tomorrow...

Oh no! :frown: I'm convinced I'm not going to get in anyway.

Original post by Iloveowls16
oh my so so nervous. And still 15 hours left at least. No sleep for me tonight...

I've managed 5 hours in the last 2 nights :frown: I pre-warned my teachers for tomorrow that they just need to handle me with care tomorrow. Plus, after the free lesson i have (where i'm planning on going home to get the letter) I have a supervised study period and the study room is closed, so i'm going to try and have a nap.
Original post by Naeco
:frown: Frustrated
Tomorrow I have no lessons no exam
so I'm going to stay at home,
Sleep at the dawn, wake up at the sunset
If I woke up I'm going to check my email
with my left eye
If It was a rejection I'm going to close my eye
Without my right eye, things cannot be justified
And I'll take the pill, swallow the despair
Till my reincarnation starts again.

You may just assume the rep at this point
Good luck everyone (for tomorrow)!
I hope you all receive the news you want to hear and if you don't, remember that you are more than likely to get in elsewhere as you are all very intelligent people.

I know that even if I get rejected tomorrow, the Cambridge interview really boosted my confidence for my following interview and was potentially the prep I needed to get that offer. I have enjoyed and gained so much from this process as I am sure others have too.

(I don't know why I'm posting this, I was just having some deep thoughts lmao)

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Durham and St Andrews keep sending me emails because I just applied there, I can see myself getting excited over the wrong email tomorrow morning :s-smilie:
Original post by wolfmoon88
I'm sure it will be ok :smile: going far is tough but I'm sure that you'll fit in hella fast! (ofc hoping that you'll get an offer from Cambs though)

Plus your not moving further than me, I will be flying 13 hours to get to the UK :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

With the traffic between where I live and Southampton it could easily take 13 hours to get home:wink:. But seriously I'm sure I'll be fine, I'm just a bit shocked because I assumed someone else would be going
With the traffic between where I live and Southampton it could easily take 13 hours to get home:wink:. But seriously I'm sure I'll be fine, I'm just a bit shocked because I assumed someone else would be going

:rofl: English Traffic... :tongue:

:smile: maybe someone will go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone. Not expecting much myself. Just hoping for a miracle to happen.
Reply 1578
Original post by daniilS
You may just assume the rep at this point

Good luck to your tomorrow exam and everything!!!!!
【You】 gained a 【lucky buff】:tongue:
Original post by jneill
Nope, I'm a parent of a Cambridge student.

Are you an applicant?

Was wondering how you were so knowledgeable about the process! And yes I am an applicant eagerly anticipating a rejection. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending