The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naeco
Good luck to your tomorrow exam and everything!!!!!
【You】 gained a 【lucky buff】:tongue:

Thank you! :biggrin:
Will also have to start studying for the one I have on Friday I guess, something's telling me I won't be in a suitable mood tomorrow... :lol:
All the best, everyone!
Original post by navip
If anyone else here is a Corpus applicant, don't get confused by the fact most colleges send letters to everyone and some don't send emails to UK applicants.

Here is what Corpus Christi's website says:
"All decisions will be communicated by email, to ensure that applicants receive the news as quickly as possible. In the vast majority of cases, the decision email will be sent on Thursday 12 January 2017. Successful applicants will also receive a letter, though this may arrive later than 12 January depending on the post. Unsuccessful applicants will only receive an email."

@Corpus Admissions please confirm :smile:

I'm also a Corpus person! What subject did you apply for? :smile:

I'm fairly certain that's right since it's on their interview info page.
Could someone possibly explain to me what 'auto-pooling' is? Heard someone discussing it today and I am curious as to what constitutes someone being auto-pooled!
I've just received my A-level results for November 2016. Yesterday I e-mailed my college informing them of my results but as of now I have not received any reply. Might be the anxiety speaking but should I send them a second e-mail?
Original post by fontaine97
I've just received my A-level results for November 2016. Yesterday I e-mailed my college informing them of my results but as of now I have not received any reply. Might be the anxiety speaking but should I send them a second e-mail?

I think they've got enough other things to worry about at the moment, give it a couple of days
Reply 1587
Original post by thirdcultureteen
I'm also a Corpus person! What subject did you apply for? :smile:

I'm fairly certain that's right since it's on their interview info page.

Comp Sci with Nat Sci
You?
I had a dream last night that someone graffitied a number 45 onto a wall in Cambridge and said 'The first person to find the other graffitied 45 somewhere in Cambridge gets an offer'

... pretty sure this has absolutely no significance and is just evidence that my mind is going delirious from lack of sleep 😂
Original post by ajhbfd
And yes I am an applicant eagerly anticipating a rejection. :smile:

Pah! Good luck tomorrow :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks like i do :tongue: I'm the original Sherlock crazed historian of TSR though :wink: nobody can replace me
Original post by navip
Comp Sci with Nat Sci
You?

Nice! Applying for law. Good luck tomorrow and let me know if you receive good news! :smile:
Original post by lemonlime98
I had a dream last night that someone graffitied a number 45 onto a wall in Cambridge and said 'The first person to find the other graffitied 45 somewhere in Cambridge gets an offer'

... pretty sure this has absolutely no significance and is just evidence that my mind is going delirious from lack of sleep 😂

Do you do the IB by any chance? Just guessing from the 45s you're dreaming of haha
Reply 1593
Original post by thirdcultureteen
Nice! Applying for law. Good luck tomorrow and let me know if you receive good news! :smile:

Good luck to you too :smile:
**** scared

Only now do I realise how much it means to me 😭
How many hours of sleep am I getting tonight?IMG_3899.JPG
I'm just gonna check my emails at school, probably during class. This whole thing honestly isn't that big of a deal for me. And I'm not even saying that as a defence mechanism. It's not like I've been growing up dreaming of going to Oxbridge, and I've made no secret of the fact that I'd take Oxford over Cambridge in a heartbeat. And I most definitely will not cry. No sir.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lemonlime98

psh i dreamed about getting an UNCONDITIONAL offer from cambridge. simply getting an offer is alrd crazy enough, but getting an unconditional one is just impossible.

well at least i know what it feels like to be 'accepted' if i end up not getting any offer :tongue:
But seriously though, having learnt so much about Cambridge lately, given the choice I would now actually take Cambridge over Oxford
Original post by wolfmoon88
It's hella cool :wink:, although I don't have free tuition like EU students :frown:

Damn, that sucks... they seem to really like the American qualifications :rofl:

EU students do not have free tuition, but it is indeed 20% of the English fee ... Note to dual nationals Brit & another EU nationality, apply as a dual national till Brexit is a fact. I currently have a son at St Andrews & an Edinburgh applicant, both dual nationals & both considered EU applicants - drawback smaller offer/applicant ration for EU than GB & non-EU int'l

Latest

Trending

Trending