The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Last year, King's College in Cambridge sent me an email at 9:00 am exactly and the post/letter came about 5 minutes after that.
The thread's feeling a bit heavy and negative this afternoon.
Is there literally anyone who thinks they won't get rejected?
Original post by Fbiemad
You replied to the wrong person :biggrin:

:frown: it's the STRESS
Original post by peaches1998
Not Downing, but definitely anticipating an inevitable rejection tomorrow

The wait is slowly killing me 😩
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Are we doing this format tomorrow?
Subject:
College:
Outcome:
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl):
How do you feel?:

Decision thread for that
Reply 1625
Original post by Becca227
Any other Downing applicants just waiting for the inevitable rejection tomorrow?

Ayyy I'm a fellow Downing applicant! I feel like my interviews were pretty terrible. I applied for medicine, what did you apply for??
Original post by PythagoreanBro
Southampton (and I'm a northerner :frown:)

Remember Easyjet & Unibag in case you go to Southampton; we're in the south & my son at uni in Scotland flies there & home with 1 large piece of hold luggage & a piece of hand luggage, which is cheaper & quicker than the train. The rest of his stuff we sent in strong cardboard boxes from Big Yellow Storage or similar for £48; cheaper than us driving 9 hours up to Scotland, staying overnight & 9 hours back home the next day. Good luck for tomorrow!
Original post by CutieTootsie

It`s the oxbridge applicant mentality to assume youre not gonna get in so youre fine if you dont and pleasantly surprised if you do
Original post by randj
Me, for Economics

I live 5 minutes from the college, do you want me to sneak in and take a peek?

If you could that'd be great 😂

I'm halfway there. :smile: Not very sure, naturally, but there's always hope! Stay positive.
Miracle is the word. Please Jesus, a miracle

May Jesus (college) be your miracle :tongue:
Original post by G_8
Ayyy I'm a fellow Downing applicant! I feel like my interviews were pretty terrible. I applied for medicine, what did you apply for??

I am also Downing applicant but for law - didn't feel bad at interviews but I am still expecting a rejection...
Hello same here, which subject are you applying
Original post by BrugensisMum
EU students do not have free tuition, but it is indeed 20% of the English fee ... Note to dual nationals Brit & another EU nationality, apply as a dual national till Brexit is a fact. I currently have a son at St Andrews & an Edinburgh applicant, both dual nationals & both considered EU applicants - drawback smaller offer/applicant ration for EU than GB & non-EU int'l

Original post by wolfmoon88
20% of the English fee is pretty insane :smile: Thanks for the information!

I thought we do? I read that you could get it back from the SAAS

No one wants to sound too confident, as anything can happen tomorrow.
Also, most people get rejected in the end of the day, so an applicant can never be 100% sure that he/she will get an offer.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IcedArizona
May Jesus (college) be your miracle :tongue:

Hehe :smile:
Anyone applied for Pembroke here?
Or someone from outside UK?

As one of my teachers said, it's better to think no and get yes than be adamant you will get in and not. I'm praying for a miracle though. Either way though, I think tomorrow there are going to be tears.
Original post by G_8

Wow medicine is a tough one. I've got a few friends applying for that at other unis and it's driving them crazy with stress! And I've applied for HSPS
Anyone reppin' Wolfson?!

Latest