The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Senthil Patel
Do you know if you're guaranteed an interview if you have made the imperial beat cutoff ?

No - they look at other things too. I know people who had 7s in their BMAT but were rejected pre-interview.
Original post by simonella
No but I have got the interview book for imperial. Seems pretty good.

what's the interview book for Imperial??
Reply 962
How many days after your interview did you guys get given an offer?
Am i the only one who felt like the interviewers were slightly harsh and pushing me to finish and cutting me off before i could wrap my answer up, making it seem disjointed?
Original post by carpenoctem
I felt like that in my interview too. I don't think that it's an indicator of what they think of you. When I went they may just have been wary of the time as they were already over running before I went in. Well done for getting through it! :smile:

well done to you too, its a waiting game now
Hi everyone! I'm Lydia (2nd year) and had the privilege of showing some of you lot round campus today. Hope those who had their interview today and those with one coming up can stay chill. Enjoy your interview day!!!! (I can confirm, this is possible) and make the most of the experience, whether you had a tough interview or it was a breeze. Student room is helpful but don't get too obsessed with checking how other people found the interview etc. Any questions just message me!!
Has anyone who's been invited in December booked their interview for super late.. like for February?
Original post by lydiadaniels96
Hi everyone! I'm Lydia (2nd year) and had the privilege of showing some of you lot round campus today. Hope those who had their interview today and those with one coming up can stay chill. Enjoy your interview day!!!! (I can confirm, this is possible) and make the most of the experience, whether you had a tough interview or it was a breeze. Student room is helpful but don't get too obsessed with checking how other people found the interview etc. Any questions just message me!!

Any idea when they will send more offers for interview ? Whats is the Bmat cut off fir international student ?
Original post by Tomiverceti
what's the interview book for Imperial??

It's called Imperial College School of Medicine Interviews. on Amazon.
I had my interview today and I don't really know how it went, I'm an international with 10 A* at olevels and 3 A at As predicted 3A*. BMAT: 4.9, 6.3, 4A
What are my chances?
Original post by AmmarAliJaved
I had my interview today and I don't really know how it went, I'm an international with 10 A* at olevels and 3 A at As predicted 3A*. BMAT: 4.9, 6.3, 4A
What are my chances?

No one knows - we have no idea how your interview went.
Original post by AmmarAliJaved
What are my chances?

if you had an interview and didnt say anything crazy or mess up, about 70%
Reply 972
This might be a stupid question but is it bad to make a joke in the interview? Let's say if they ask you a question and you start the answer with a bit of humour but answer it seriously after. Is that bad?
Original post by oey99
This might be a stupid question but is it bad to make a joke in the interview? Let's say if they ask you a question and you start the answer with a bit of humour but answer it seriously after. Is that bad?

I'd avoid it personally, in case they don't laugh as that'd end up being very awkward. If you're sure the joke will make them laugh though and it's not inappropriate, then you could gamble it I guess although I wouldn't recommend it.
Reply 974
Original post by usycool1
I'd avoid it personally, in case they don't laugh as that'd end up being very awkward. If you're sure the joke will make them laugh though and it's not inappropriate, then you could gamble it I guess although I wouldn't recommend it.

I guess I'll avoid it 😂 Does imperial have whole body dissection?
Original post by oey99
I guess I'll avoid it 😂 Does imperial have whole body dissection?

:smile:

We do have some dissection, although we don't dissect the full body. For things like anatomy of the thorax/abdomen/pelvis, there tended to be quite a bit of dissection to do but then for things like head, neck and spine and limbs, there seems to be more prosection rather than dissection. There still is some but most of it is done for you. Even then, I managed to mess it up and cut into the brain when I wasn't meant to, making me decide instantly that I'd probably be a terrible neurosurgeon. :biggrin:
Reply 976
Original post by oey99

I made them laugh and after they laughed it calmed me down a bit!
Reply 977
Original post by usycool1
:smile:

We do have some dissection, although we don't dissect the full body. For things like anatomy of the thorax/abdomen/pelvis, there tended to be quite a bit of dissection to do but then for things like head, neck and spine and limbs, there seems to be more prosection rather than dissection. There still is some but most of it is done for you. Even then, I managed to mess it up and cut into the brain when I wasn't meant to, making me decide instantly that I'd probably be a terrible neurosurgeon. :biggrin:

Oh thank you for the information 😊Seems very interesting. Can I also ask what clubs and societies are available at Imperial, I've been searching but I couldn't find it on the website. Is there any link or somewhere I can look at to have an idea? My interview is next week I hope it goes well. Anyone on the tour next Wednesday?
Original post by oey99
Oh thank you for the information 😊Seems very interesting. Can I also ask what clubs and societies are available at Imperial, I've been searching but I couldn't find it on the website. Is there any link or somewhere I can look at to have an idea? My interview is next week I hope it goes well. Anyone on the tour next Wednesday?

Yep, clubs here and you can click the societies button too to find them: http://www.icsmsu.com/exec/clubs-societies/clubs/

These are only the medic societies/clubs, but you can also find the Imperial societies here: https://www.imperialcollegeunion.org/activities/clubs-societies-projects (click the letters on the right).

Good luck with the interview! 'Fraid I won't be in SAF on interview days next week so no one shall be seeing me. :nah:
I'm an international student and I received an interview offer on 7 December? Just had my interview yesterday
7.4 6.7 3.5A

Quick Reply