The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daniilS
I thought we do? I read that you could get it back from the SAAS

Idk lool, honestly confused atm
Original post by alexmr55
It's ridiculous. I keep playing a cacophony of dire situations through my mind.

What college and course, if you don't mind me asking?

St John's architecture, you?
Anyone physical NatSci?
Original post by Fbiemad
No one wants to sound too confident, as anything can happen tomorrow.
Also, you can never be 100% sure.

Yeah but you know "that feeling" that you've gotten in? I thought there would be a balance. Or at least, I thought there would be a few over-confident people to lighten the mood a bit lol
Original post by CutieTootsie
The thread's feeling a bit heavy and negative this afternoon.
Is there literally anyone who thinks they won't get rejected?

Original post by Fbiemad
No one wants to sound too confident, as anything can happen tomorrow.
Also, most people get rejected in the end of the day, so an applicant can never be 100% sure that he/she will get an offer.

Forgot to say, usually confident applicants might not say anything as they might sound arrogant I would assume.
Original post by poopiepie
St John's architecture, you?

Wolfson. Law.
Yeah but you know "that feeling" that you've gotten in?

Well let's be a bit more optimistic... :biggrin:
My emotions are all over the place right now tbh. I thought I was indifferent as to whether I got in or not but now I feel like I want it so badly... We shall see tomorrow I guess.
Original post by Replusz
Anyone physical NatSci?

I'm not a physical NatSci but I'm a bio one!

Yeah but you know "that feeling" that you've gotten in? I thought there would be a balance. Or at least, I thought there would be a few over-confident people to lighten the mood a bit lol

After my first interview, I had "that feeling" that i would be in, but then i made a mess of my second one and it went pretty quick
Who has a feeling of about 96% being rejected and 4% getting an offer?
Original post by desertlover
My emotions are all over the place right now tbh. I thought I was indifferent as to whether I got in or not but now I feel like I want it so badly... We shall see tomorrow I guess.

Exactly what I feel like ....
Original post by alexmr55
Wolfson. Law.

good luck! (:
Original post by rayofsunshine98

Which college? Pembroke? :wink:
The thread's feeling a bit heavy and negative this afternoon.
Is there literally anyone who thinks they won't get rejected?

hope yes think no too stressed to form proper sentence
Original post by daniilS
I thought we do? I read that you could get it back from the SAAS

Yes EU & Scottish fees are the same AND the Scottish students can get it back.

EU students have the same fees because under EU rule, you cannot discriminate vis-a-vis citizens of other member states, they have to be given the same conditions. Unfortunately for the English students, Scottish unis are free to do what they like within their own member state.

Anyway, all this will be past tense once Brexit is a fact, March 2019? too bad for 2020 EU applicants who may then be charged the even higher non-EU foreign students fees like the Americans & Canadians which make up 30% of the St Andrews corps...
Original post by rayofsunshine98

After my first interview, I had "that feeling" that i would be in, but then i made a mess of my second one and it went pretty quick

that's exactly how it felt for me!
Oxford is so unorganised. Some of their applicants still haven't heard back 😂

I'm pretty sure Cambridge colleges are more organised and don't send offers one by one like Oxford and have an algorithm that sends all the emails, which have been prepared beforehand, at the exact same time. Since everyone has said their college emailed them at exactly 9 am last year. Hopefully this will be the case
Original post by Fbiemad
Forgot to say, usually confident applicants might not say anything as they might sound arrogant I would assume.

A-ha sound reasoning
Original post by Replusz
Which college? Pembroke? :wink:

I'm Queens'. Well, in theory, anyway.

Original post by daniilS

I couldnt even read a question correctly in 2 of my lessons, and the teachers were like "are you too excited about tomorrow", to which I replied, "no, to be honest, I'm ****ing myself"

I literally feel like I'm going to have a panic attack and have felt like that all day :frown:
Original post by daniilS

This.