The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BrugensisMum
Yes EU & Scottish fees are the same AND the Scottish students can get it back.

EU students have the same fees because under EU rule, you cannot discriminate vis-a-vis citizens of other member states, they have to be given the same conditions. Unfortunately for the English students, Scottish unis are free to do what they like within their own member state.

Anyway, all this will be past tense once Brexit is a fact, March 2019? too bad for 2020 EU applicants who may then be charged the even higher non-EU foreign students fees like the Americans & Canadians which make up 30% of the St Andrews corps...

What about this?
http://www.saas.gov.uk/full_time/ug/eu/eligibility.htm
St Andrews themselves said EU students are usually eligible to get everything back...
Original post by poopiepie
that's exactly how it felt for me!

What college and course did you apply to? I applied to Queens'
The only other oxbridge applicant got rejected today, and his on paper application was much stronger than mine. Officially accepted my rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Just popped in to say....

VERY BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE (inc. lurkers, de-lurkers and their son/daughter/etc....) TOMORROW! :smile:
Will keep my fingers and toes crossed for your happy results!

Spoiler

Original post by Student1256
Oxford is so unorganised. Some of their applicants still haven't heard back πŸ˜‚

I'm pretty sure Cambridge colleges are more organised and don't send offers one by one like Oxford and have an algorithm that sends all the emails, which have been prepared beforehand, at the exact same time. Since everyone has said their college emailed them at exactly 9 am last year. Hopefully this will be the case

What what what???
IS THIS TRUE?
so last year ALL emails were sent AT 9AM??
pls reply!!
Original post by glad-he-ate-her
Are we doing this format tomorrow?
Subject:
College:
Outcome:
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl):
How do you feel?:

Yup. Here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4494572
The Official Cambridge 2017 Decisions Thread [no discussion]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
I'm not a physical NatSci but I'm a bio one!

After my first interview, I had "that feeling" that i would be in, but then i made a mess of my second one and it went pretty quick

That's exactly what happened to me :frown:
Original post by alexmr55
Anyone reppin' Wolfson?!

Not Wolfson but Hughes Hall :smile:
Original post by vincrows

VERY BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE (inc. lurkers, de-lurkers and their son/daughter/etc....) TOMORROW! :smile:

Spoiler

Omg hi :smile: glad you stopped by!
Original post by Replusz
What what what???
IS THIS TRUE?
so last year ALL emails were sent AT 9AM??
pls reply!!

No. They are sent lovingly, and individually by hand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Does anyone know how/if we can get AT results back ? In particular, for me, Theology ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well.. I do physics tutoring for this girl that's a year younger and I've been sick since monday, ie not going to school ie forgot i had to do tutoring.. :smile:)
Original post by Obiejess
The only other oxbridge applicants got rejected today, and his on paper application was much stronger than mine. Officially accepted my rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A boy in my year got into Oxford PPE today with 2As and 2Bs at AS level... Although I'm happy for him, I can't help but be sour that I beat him at AS and will probably get a rejection tomorrow!
Don't worry too much about your grades I guess
Original post by wolfmoon88
Thank you :smile: I'll be ok eventually! I am sure that you will get an offer from Cambridge tomorrow so that won't happen, but if the worst happens I'll be happy to meet you at St Andrews next year. Good luck and I will be on this thread rooting for ya'll :smile:

It's ok :smile:, I kind of expected it so it wasn't that big of a surprise, perhaps I hoped for a bit too much. Good luck tomorrow! I'll be here rooting for ya'll!

So sorry about that :frown: I'm sure you'll do amazingly elsewhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vincrows

Spoiler

Woo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayofsunshine98
What college and course did you apply to? I applied to Queens'

St John's architecture
Original post by Oddwatermelon
A boy in my year got into Oxford PPE today with 2As and 2Bs at AS level... Although I'm happy for him, I can't help but be sour that I beat him at AS and will probably get a rejection tomorrow!
Don't worry too much about your grades I guess

Yikes, the person I know also applied for PPE and got 9A*s at GCSE and 4 As at AS. Must have done very well at interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Omg hi :smile: glad you stopped by!

Hi there! :smile:
Seems you earned a reputation of one of the most popular poster on this side of the fence. :biggrin:

Spoiler

Currently at Peterborough waiting for a train to Cambridge for the dreaded reinterview. Safe to say it's bloody freezing. Good luck to everyone for tomorrow! Just remember, whenever you want to cry over waiting a few more hours, cast your thoughts to the folk being reinterviewed, we have to wait another week or something haha! I'm sure it'll work out, and if it doesn't, well, at least you can set your sights on a different, and probably still very good, university. 😊
Original post by Obiejess
The only other oxbridge applicants got rejected today, and his on paper application was much stronger than mine. Officially accepted my rejection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww :frown: I'm assuming they all applied to the other place?? Don't give up!!

Original post by Fortox
That's exactly what happened to me :frown:

What college?