The Student Room Group

Why do normal muslims hate wealthy arabs?

i know they say it's because of their lack of support for iraq, syrian refugees etc is it not just jealousy?

UAE, Qatar etc are sovereign countries who look after their own interests.

I noticed this more so from spending a few weeks in central London.............i'm sure if those "normal" muslims were as wealthy (due to luck mostly) as the arabs they would not help either..........
'Normal' muslim here. An important part of islam is to help the people in need, which is also one of the pillars of islam. Most of the 'normal' muslims like me do give money to charities and people, despite the fact we could all use every pound that we earn after working hard. Then we have the wealthy Arabs. Most of them nowadays are rich because they have been born into the right family unlike us. They live in wealth while leaving the rest of the country poor (especially Saudi-Arabia). And then I am not even talking about how they surpress their own citizens like we all know how they do. And on top of that many muslims complain that the western countries do not do enough for these refugees and the wars in the middle-east, but wtf do the Arab countries do? Sit back and get fat on their money. Why not help these refugees? That is some of the reasons why we hate them.
Reply 2
Original post by Bill_Gates

i know they say it's because of their lack of support for iraq, syrian refugees etc is it not just jealousy?

I noticed this more so from spending a few weeks in central London.............i'm sure if those "normal" muslims were as wealthy (due to luck mostly) as the arabs they would not help either..........

I wish I had money like them. I think it's because they think too much of themselves, thinking they're above everyone else.
Reply 3
Original post by S2M
I wish I had money like them. I think it's because they think too much of themselves, thinking they're above everyone else.

well yeah but that's no different to how the rest of the world act. i.e more money = higher status.
Reply 4

The same reason poor people resent rich people anywhere. Green as grass.
Reply 5
well yeah but that's no different to how the rest of the world act. i.e more money = higher status.

Yeah that is true. Can I ask you a question but it isn't relevant.
Reply 6
Original post by jape
The same reason poor people resent rich people anywhere. Green as grass.

that's what i thought but thought might be another reason.
Reply 7
Original post by S2M
Yeah that is true. Can I ask you a question but it isn't relevant.

go on
Reply 8
go on

What do you have a PhD in?
Reply 9
No secret that Non-Arab Muslims and Arab Muslims aren't particularly fond of each other. Wealth most likely furthers the hatred.
Original post by Rk2k14
No secret that Non-Arab Muslims and Arab Muslims aren't particularly fond of each other. Wealth most likely furthers the hatred.

true, usually does in some respects.
I wouldn't hate anyone just for being wealthy or just for being Arab. In fact I'm extremely good friends with the son of one of these "wealthy Arabs". If you've worked hard for your money or are fortunate enough to be born into it, good on you.

Although there are a lot of unpleasant stereotypes associated with wealthy Arabs, for example from the Saudi Royal Family. This includes traits such as being lazy, uneducated, rude, racist, lacking religious sincerity, being vulgar when it comes to displays of wealth, considering themselves to be above the law and unaccountable to anyone etc. Which is quite different from the public image of the British Royal Family, for example.

Obviously it's a generalisation and not all wealthy Arabs are like this. But then again stereotypes exist for a reason.
Original post by Metalfros
'Normal' muslim here. An important part of islam is to help the people in need, which is also one of the pillars of islam. Most of the 'normal' muslims like me do give money to charities and people, despite the fact we could all use every pound that we earn after working hard. Then we have the wealthy Arabs. Most of them nowadays are rich because they have been born into the right family unlike us. They live in wealth while leaving the rest of the country poor (especially Saudi-Arabia). And then I am not even talking about how they surpress their own citizens like we all know how they do. And on top of that many muslims complain that the western countries do not do enough for these refugees and the wars in the middle-east, but wtf do the Arab countries do? Sit back and get fat on their money. Why not help these refugees? That is some of the reasons why we hate them.

majority of the worlds mosques im sure have been built with some sort of contribution of wealthy arab oil money - that goes too for various propaganda media, islamists pormotions campaigns, weapons for islamist groups etc all cost money. the islamic world is 90% poor and undereducated, so its the arab oil money that bankrolls it. whether the average muslim likes arabs or not, he has to accept the reality he is practicing an arab faith with arab culture and traditions, he has an arab name and he is benefitting from arab oil money
Original post by tazarooni89
I wouldn't hate anyone just for being wealthy or just for being Arab. In fact I'm extremely good friends with the son of one of these "wealthy Arabs". If you've worked hard for your money or are fortunate enough to be born into it, good on you.

Although there are a lot of unpleasant stereotypes associated with wealthy Arabs, for example from the Saudi Royal Family. This includes traits such as being lazy, uneducated, rude, racist, lacking religious sincerity, being vulgar when it comes to displays of wealth, considering themselves to be above the law and unaccountable to anyone etc. Which is quite different from the public image of the British Royal Family, for example.

Obviously it's a generalisation and not all wealthy Arabs are like this. But then again stereotypes exist for a reason.

well said!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending