The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by peachykeen
i'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo scared.

One more o might have been useful to express your emotions better :wink:
Original post by jneill
They say the same in Holland (and other parts of Northern Europe) afaik - so it's an afrikaans thing.

Na they don't
Original post by IcedArizona
I'd actually just want to go to bed so that the wait is over..

I did say to one of my friends I was debating asking her to knock me out until tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I get rejected tomorrow at least I got my 5th gem on tsr. All is fine :tongue:
Original post by BrugensisMum
It's neither - it's "ik duim voor jou/jullie" en als Vlaamse mama zal ik duimen voor jullie allemaal, de Britten, de Nederlanders en alle andere nationaliteiten en vooral voor mijn eigen half Britse zoon

I think you all need to go for a pizza & a beer, go & watch a good film, leave this thread and take a deep breath. Best of luck tomorrow & whatever will be wil be - all happens for a reason x

I doubt there's many of those applying to Cambridge sadly
Original post by gasfxekl
Na they don't

Well it seems they do say a thumb related thing rather than finger related thing so :tongue:
Original post by PythagoreanBro
I've only applied to Russell group unis.

Does it matter where you get a medicine degree from in terms of employment? So long as you'll be happy there does it matter?

Most people will tell you no. But they're wrong, in a very indirect way.

Applying for consultancy jobs (which I have my eye on) is extremely competitive. How do they distinguish people with all the same degrees and experience? Funnily enough, it's the little stuff that counts: being published in journals, research, extra Bsc, extra MSc, extra PhD...it's crazy - no one has that much Years in their life 😂

So it all comes down to the resources, contacts and pastoral care of your university to have the best access to boosting your CV in these crucial ways and as you've probably guessed, there's a strong positive correlation between contacts/resources and how good the university is.

(Having said that, that's only for senior/consultancy roles and you can still get these jobs if you go to a less affluent university, but it's kind of like how it's easier to get rich if you already have money? If you get what I mean.)
If we get rejected from our first choice college but are pooled and fished, will the rejection email say something along the lines of "we're sorry we cannot offer you a place, however [insert college] has offered you a place"?
Original post by peachykeen
Hahah yeah! While I'm super happy for them it's kind of like... pressure

Thank you soo much! That's super kind of you honestly I hope that you get an offer because you totally deserve one :h:

Happy dance 💃🏾
Original post by rayofsunshine98
I did say to one of my friends I was debating asking her to knock me out until tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

That wouldn't be a bad idea. Maybe I should ask my philosophy and spanish teacher to make their class interesting tomorrow so that I have other stuff to think about haha :biggrin: not that philosophy or spanish isn't interesting, just not what were are doing at the moment.. ^^
Reply 1790
Ok starting to feel nervous now:frown:

Not fun:frown:
Original post by jamestg
If we get rejected from our first choice college but are pooled and fished, will the rejection email say something along the lines of "we're sorry we cannot offer you a place, however [insert college] has offered you a place"?

If you are fished (i.e. offered) the fishing college will give you the decision.

Your original college *might* send (or post) a "good luck at [fishing college]" note a bit later.

If you are pooled but released back into the wild your original college will give you the news, and tell you you were pooled unsuccessfully.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1792
Hey guys does anyone know how long I should wait before giving up on hearing back from Cambridge today. I can't stop checking checking my email every five minutes... 😭😩 I just want to go to sleep...
Original post by Oddwatermelon
I'm glad it's given you some hope! If I had to be truthful, I'm a bit peeved haha! If he had applied to Cambridge I don't think he would have even got an interview, but because his GCSEs are good he got an offer... Seems like a silly system to me, but that's my opinion and I'm sure Oxford have their reasons.

Um, good grades aren't everything. My brother got 5 As at AS and was rejected. Acting like a B is terrible on here probably isn't helping others.
Original post by daniilS
If I don't get accepted I want you guys to remember me as that applicant who earned himself six rep gems solely by posting dank memes to this thread

I literally got all my rep and post count from the mark 1 thread before I trailed off 😂😂😂😂😂

This is literally the best thread on TSR. I rarely have PRSOM problems because everyone here always say rep worthy things.
Original post by Chedda
Hey guys does anyone know how long I should wait before giving up on hearing back from Cambridge today. I can't stop checking checking my email every five minutes... 😭😩 I just want to go to sleep...

Go to sleep you won't hear from them today, decision day is tomorrow!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
If you are fished (i.e. offered) the fishing college will give you the decision.

Your original college *might* send (or post) a "good luck at [fishing college]" note a bit later.

If you are pooled but released back into the wild your original college will give you the news, and tell you you were pooled unsuccessfully.

Thanks!

Don't even know why I was asking tbh, being pooled successfully for econ is a job and a half...
Original post by Iloveowls16
Ahh a fellow Robinson applicant! What are you applying for? Good luck!

Computer Science! Thanks, best of luck to you too!
Original post by jamestg

I thought if we're fished we'd get an email from that college. So if you were fished you wouldn't get an email from St. Catz I don't think

EDIT: jneil beat me to it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Are usually UK qualification applicants more succesful in the winter pool? Was just wondering as it might be easier to 'analyse' a candidate's potential if he or she has 'standard' qualifications

Latest

Trending

Trending