The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

if you were fished as a medicine applicant, you wouldve hear by now as you`d be reinterviewed.
Am i correct in assuming this?
Original post by Rachel58
Um, good grades aren't everything. My brother got 5 As at AS and was rejected. Acting like a B is terrible on here probably isn't helping others.

For a subject as competitive as PPE (in relation to Cambridge), I would imagine 2 Bs would damage an application. I know grades aren't everything, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.
I'm having flashbacks to the moment where I realised I actually really did care about Cambridge, despite thinking I wasn't that bothered. It was the day I was meant to send off my UCAS form and the first time I saw my predicted grades...which were AAA. That's obviously below the standard offer (despite me having 200/200 and 194/200 UMS at AS in Classical Civilisation and Latin, my two most relevant subjects), and my stomach just dropped because I thought Cambridge wouldn't even look at me without predicted grades matching/exceeding the standard offer. I ran to my tutor in a panic and she was very understanding and sent a strongly worded email to my Classics and Latin teacher (the same person), and thankfully they were both raised that day!! Apparently she thinks I am capable of A*s but 'doesn't trust the examiners'.
Do we know if the post is first class or second? Silly question I know!
Original post by IcedArizona
One more o might have been useful to express your emotions better :wink:

omg ur right Cambridge pls don't reject me for this
Original post by peachykeen

All hope is lost :frown:
Original post by agirlontheweb
I'm having flashbacks to the moment where I realised I actually really did care about Cambridge, despite thinking I wasn't that bothered. It was the day I was meant to send off my UCAS form and the first time I saw my predicted grades...which were AAA. That's obviously below the standard offer (despite me having 200/200 and 194/200 UMS at AS in Classical Civilisation and Latin, my two most relevant subjects), and my stomach just dropped because I thought Cambridge wouldn't even look at me without predicted grades matching/exceeding the standard offer. I ran to my tutor in a panic and she was very understanding and sent a strongly worded email to my Classics and Latin teacher (the same person), and thankfully they were both raised that day!! Apparently she thinks I am capable of A*s but 'doesn't trust the examiners'.

That's a dodgy reason to underpredict someone!

EXACTLY same thing here :frown:
Original post by Chedda
Hey guys does anyone know how long I should wait before giving up on hearing back from Cambridge today. I can't stop checking checking my email every five minutes... 😭😩 I just want to go to sleep...

HAHA you should try sleeping since results will probably be released tmr instead of today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any physical natsci Pembroke applicants around?
Original post by IcedArizona
All hope is lost :frown:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Spoiler

Spoiler

definitely :biggrin:
Original post by CutieTootsie
I literally got all my rep and post count from the mark 1 thread before I trailed off 😂😂😂😂😂

This is literally the best thread on TSR. I rarely have PRSOM problems because everyone here always say rep worthy things.

PRSOM :wink:
Original post by Replusz
Well let's be a bit more optimistic... :biggrin:

Lol sorry I wasn't saying that's how I felt! 😂😂😂 far from. Just thought there would be some genuine "never failed at anything in life before, and I don't plan to start now" people up in here. But there aren't lol (good I suppose!)
Original post by gasfxekl
I doubt there's many of those applying to Cambridge sadly

I've spotted 2 on this thread ...
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Spoiler

Yeah that's about the right amount of oxygen
Original post by Oddwatermelon
For a subject as competitive as PPE (in relation to Cambridge), I would imagine 2 Bs would damage an application. I know grades aren't everything, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

But there's no reason for the line to be drawn at 2 Bs and you don't know the reason behind the Bs.
I have a B in Spanish as my teacher was away for 3 months before my speaking exam and there was a problem with the marking (everyone in my class got a C in the speaking, even native speakers and people who can't speak any Spanish). Does this mean someone with 4 As deserves an offer more?

I was just saying it's inconsiderate to be insulting grades on a day when people are already probably stressed enough.
Original post by Replusz
EXACTLY same thing here :frown:

Did you also forget some O's? Shame on you
Just got an email from UCAS that my track has been updated.

I got an offer from Durham one day before decision day. Is this a ****ing sign or what lmao
I'm feeling less nervous after talking to my brother. He reminded me that a part of it is down to chance - sometimes you've tried your best and you were good enough but you got unlucky. If you don't get an offer tomorrow then it doesn't mean you're not smart or talented and its not helpful for you to take it personally. Good luck everyone ❤️

Latest

Trending

Trending