The Student Room Group

Road to Radiography!

Hi everybody! I'm Kyle. I thought it would be cool to share the process of applying for diagnostic radiography, all the way to starting my degree! (fingers crossed)

I'll share the universities I have applied for below, and the stage I am at with them.

Exeter - INTERVIEW :afraid: 23/02/ --- OFFER -- FIRMED.
University of the West of England - Interview! 20/03/ --- OFFER -- INSURANCE

RECEIEVED

But half term begins here in Wales now. Mmmm. SHAME I HAVE TWO ASSIGNMENTS AND TWO INTERVIEWS

@CheeseIsVeg

@||TheUnknown||
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
@Spock's Socks
Don't know where this should be!
Reply 2
Original post by KyleH123
@Spock's Socks

Great idea for a thread :h:

I'd say it should either be in Blogs or Grow Your Grades. Let me know where you want me to move it to :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
@Spock's Socks

Good luck Kyle!!

Sounds like one for "grow your grades"
Reply 4
Original post by Spock's Socks
Great idea for a thread :h:

I'd say it should either be in Blogs or Grow Your Grades. Let me know where you want me to move it to :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by UWS
Good luck Kyle!!

Sounds like one for "grow your grades"

What UWS said!!
Hi everybody! I'm Kyle. I thought it would be cool to share the process of applying for diagnostic radiography, all the way to starting my degree! (fingers crossed)

I'll share the universities I have applied for below, and the stage I am at with them.

Canterbury Christ Church University - Interview! - 2/02/17
Exeter - Pending
University of the West of England - Pending
Bradford - Pending
Sheffield Hallam - Pending

09/01/2017 Found out today about my interview at CCCU, long drive to Canterbury from Wales. Thankfully my father lives in Oxford, so I'll be having a lift from there.

@AshEntropy
@CheeseIsVeg
@fergijane88
@0to100
@||TheUnknown||

WOO GO KYLE :jumphug: :rave: :cube: You got this! Go smash that interview! :ahee: :smile:
You'll be amazing. Just be yourself and you'll easily when them over. :wink:
Reply 7
Got
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 8
Up
(edited 6 years ago)
Good luck :h:
Reply 10
Original post by saraxh
Good luck :h:

Thanks missy.
Good luck fam, maybe I'll come to Cardiff one day to study :mmm:
Reply 12
Original post by Rhythmical
Good luck fam, maybe I'll come to Cardiff one day to study :mmm:

No you won't; you hate me :frown:
No you won't; you hate me :frown:

I don't :frown: hey I saw on a few threads you do an Access to Science course?
Reply 14
I don't :frown: hey I saw on a few threads you do an Access to Science course?

Yeah, I do!

It's tough! I had another assignment today. Doesn't seem too bad though.
Yeah, I do!

It's tough! I had another assignment today. Doesn't seem too bad though.

Damn kiddo, what did you pick subjects wise as I know you can select modules or something, so I'm guessing biology and chemistry? I ask this as I plan to do one this year after A Levels since I chose the wrong subjects and have to find a route to Science some how :/
Reply 16
Damn kiddo, what did you pick subjects wise as I know you can select modules or something, so I'm guessing biology and chemistry? I ask this as I plan to do one this year after A Levels since I chose the wrong subjects and have to find a route to Science some how :/

Well there's different subject access courses, science-based, humanities-based, etc.

Mine consists of psychology, chemistry, anatomy & physiology, microbiology and an extended research essay on a topic of my choice.
Each of these subjects is roughly 1/2 of AS and 1/2 of A2

If you're 19 or over, you can do an access course. But if you chose the wrong a-levels, perhaps a foundation year might be better for you.
Well there's different subject access courses, science-based, humanities-based, etc.

Mine consists of psychology, chemistry, anatomy & physiology, microbiology and an extended research essay on a topic of my choice.
Each of these subjects is roughly 1/2 of AS and 1/2 of A2

If you're 19 or over, you can do an access course. But if you chose the wrong a-levels, perhaps a foundation year might be better for you.

Oh nice, is Radiography something you've been into for a while?

I've looked, it's either an access course or taking on two new A Levels. Foundation year usually applies to a C or above at A Level for science based subjects except a few universities do openly invite those with humanities based subjects
Reply 18
Oh nice, is Radiography something you've been into for a while?

I've looked, it's either an access course or taking on two new A Levels. Foundation year usually applies to a C or above at A Level for science based subjects except a few universities do openly invite those with humanities based subjects

Yeah! It's really cool and there's lots of modalities.

Or gateway or something? I was under the impression there was something available for those who chose the wrong a-levels.

What are you looking to get into?
Update! Interview for Sheffield Hallam University. Only 200 mile journey each way. Marvellous. :frown:

@||TheUnknown||
@CheeseIsVeg
@0to100
@fergijane88
@AshEntropy

Well done! :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending