The Student Room Group

My mum is addicted to student room... HELP!

This all began, back when I began applying to Uni through UCAS last September. After I did the PAT (test for Physics at Oxford) my mum began checking the prospective student forum, so she could know when other people found out about interviews.
Since then this has escalated. On a daily basis I get updates about how specific people are doing and even though I got rejected, she has remained just as avid a follower of the thread. A few weeks ago, she expanded her horizons and is now a keen follower of the Cambridge thread too! For the record, my mum commiserates 'Wolfmoon88', 'StationToStation', 'FableReader', 'BioOx', 'Palette' and various others - she has 'enjoyed their posts' and I can honestly say that she is genuinely upset for you!
I'm slightly worried. Not only is this disrupting her work life, but what will she do when everyone has found out and there are no more posts for her to read!!! Does anyone else have a similar problem, or advice on what I should do?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Person18
This all began, back when I began applying to Uni through UCAS last September. After I did the PAT (test for Physics at Oxford) my mum began checking the prospective student forum, so she could know when other people found out about interviews.
Since then this has escalated. On a daily basis I get updates about how specific people are doing and even though I got rejected, she has remained just as avid a follower of the thread. A few weeks ago, she expanded her horizons and is now a keen follower of the Cambridge thread too! For the record, my mum commiserates 'Wolfmoon88', 'StationToStation', 'FableReader', 'BioOx', 'Palette' and various others - she has 'enjoyed their posts' and I can honestly say that she is genuinely upset for you!
I'm slightly worried. Not only is this disrupting her work life, but what will she do when everyone has found out and there are no more posts for her to read!!! Does anyone else have a similar problem, or advice on what I should do?

ha ha ha!!!:tongue:

As a person of interest, hi.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

No escape.
Reply 4
Original post by wolfmoon88
As a person of interest, hi.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello from my mum!
Hello from my mum!

Hii :smile:

Well she can switch to the Oxford Decisions thread, there will definitely be more posts to read there. And the Cambridge thread will be pretty active both the current thread for the next day or so, or the decisions thread after that, will be extremely active as well.

To your mum- thank you for your commiserations! I really appreciate it. I am glad that you genuinely enjoy what I post. I'll be ok :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hii :smile:

Well she can switch to the Oxford Decisions thread, there will definitely be more posts to read there. And the Cambridge thread will be pretty active both the current thread for the next day or so, or the decisions thread after that, will be extremely active as well.

To your mum- thank you for your commiserations! I really appreciate it. I am glad that you genuinely enjoy what I post. I'll be ok :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks - she says the posts have been great and she knows you've got a successful future ahead of you.
Haha thanks - she says the posts have been great and she knows you've got a successful future ahead of you.

Np, good luck on the rest of your applications!

To your mum: Thank you again and I hope so. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello from my mum!

Hi Person18's mum!
Reply 9
How many gems does she have?
If this is a troll, it is actually rather amusing....

If serious, I say we get together and rep OP's mum to 20 gems.
Reply 11
Np, good luck on the rest of your applications!

To your mum: Thank you again and I hope so. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too 😊
Reply 12
Original post by UWS

Original post by ByronicHero

She's not got an account! Apparently that's crossing a line! And I can assure you this isn't a troll, my mum is genuinely addicted!
Haha, I briefly thought I wrote this.
My mum is the exact same. Don't worry, she'll get over it :h:
Original post by ByronicHero

I wholeheartedly second this.
Come on then lad @SuperHuman98
Bring out the technique for beating your TSR addiction, help this poor woman out :wink:
This is how the some people here now will be in 20 years
Reply 17
Original post by UWS

:rofl:

EVEN MOMS GET ADDICTED TO TSR.
whats her username I'll follow her
She's not got an account! Apparently that's crossing a line! And I can assure you this isn't a troll, my mum is genuinely addicted!

Tell her to make an account and get involved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending