The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by solC
Ah okie, just not sure whether to expect an email or letter first

I'm hoping Catz email offer holders as well, just so I know my destiny is not confirmed when an email pops up.
Original post by solC
Does anyone know what time the emails will come through tomorrow?

Anytime between 8:30-ish to late afternoon/early evening.
They are sent manually, one-by-one, by a very small number of admission staff (usually one....) , starting from lemails to international candidates. Not all colleges sent email to uk candidates Andy if they do, it'll be after international candidates.
Original post by liziepie
I feel like 80% of biology applicants mention either crispr or Dawkins in their personal statements :lol:

Guilty :tongue: (Dawkins)

Original post by blue2337
Hey, hey, it's the only alcoholic thing in my house barring Moet and Lidl vodka... plus I'm a 5'3 female, one glass and Cambridge is waaay outta my mind

:rofl: ok then :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2043
Original post by jamestg
I'm hoping Catz email offer holders as well, just so I know my destiny is not confirmed when an email pops up.

me too :frown:
Original post by jneill
If you are fished (i.e. offered) the fishing college will give you the decision. Your original college *might* send (or post) a "good luck at [fishing college]" note a bit later. If you are pooled but released back into the wild your original college will give you the news, and tell you you were pooled unsuccessfully.

David Attenborough, is that you?

Original post by Chedda
Hey guys does anyone know how long I should wait before giving up on hearing back from Cambridge today. I can't stop checking checking my email every five minutes... 😭😩 I just want to go to sleep...

I made a countdown clock for you (for 9am 12th Jan GMT) because that crying emoji tugged at my heartstrings. It's linked at the end of this post

Original post by wolfmoon88
As the Oxford thread dies down here's my memorial to the fallen including myself: There's a grief that can't be spoken. There's a pain goes on and on. Empty chairs at empty tables Now almost all applicants are rejected and gone. Here we talked of offers/rejection. Here it was we lit the flame. Here we sang about tomorrow And tomorrow never came......... Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sobbing in French

Countdown clock for 9am tomorrow (for emails)
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20170112T09&p0=1234&msg=Cambridge+Decision+Day&font=cursive
Original post by CutieTootsie
I need to rep you when I get on the website.
This post. Is everything.

I want to start getting excited for another uni if I get rejected.

Haha thanks! It's like, while Cambridge isn't EVERYTHING, it's still a stressful process we've put in a lot of emotional and physical energy for, so obviously waiting for a rejection is stressful/upsetting.
But honestly, this too shall pass!! Cambrdige isn't the only university in the world. I can't wait to choose what (other, excellent) uni I'll firm and get excited about the next three years.
I feel like 80% of biology applicants mention either crispr or Dawkins in their personal statements :lol:

I had a tiny line on CRISPR, but I've researched it really well!! Can't believe it didn't come up in my interview :'( And Dawkins' books really bore me tbh (I'm the only Biologist that says that I think, I like other Bio books so much more :smile: )
Original post by Xiuchen
What happens when you genetically modify lettuce?

It becomes CRISPR.

I prepared this joke for my NatSci Bio interview incase there was a situation where I had to tell a biology joke relevant to my personal statement...

That's a biology joke I haven't heard before! :eek: I'd give you an offer just for that :wink:
Original post by Replusz
Does anybody know whther Pembroke sends automatical emails? Would they come exactly at 9AM?

No college sends automatic email. Each email is sent manually after being double-checked to avoid error.

......maybe
Original post by vincrows
They are sent manually, one-by-one, by a very small number of admission staff (usually one....) , starting from lemails to international candidates. Not all colleges sent email to uk candidates Andy if they do, it'll be after international candidates.

ARE YOU SURE that international students get emails first (if i am from EU is it like ill get an email before noon?) ?
thanks for your answer
Original post by daniilS
bruh if Girton gives me an offer I'll buy myself a second bike to celebrate

You'll need both of them to get to town anyway
I have an interesting and maybe controversial/sensitive question here... it's a well-known fact that a lot of people encounter mental health issues whilst at Cambridge (some Tab poll suggested around 50% which honestly doesn't surprise me). However, I'm just curious as to whether you guys think that a) Cambridge is the kind of university which attracts those who are more prone to mental health issues by being high achievers etc, or b) the stress of studying at a world class uni brings on mental health issues from things like deadline stress etc. What do y'all think?

(Also, I really hope this doesn't offend anyone and if anyone wants to chat about this kinda stuff I'm here for ya xx)
Original post by carpenoctem
David Attenborough, is that you?

I made a countdown clock for you (for 9am 12th Jan GMT) because that crying emoji tugged at my heartstrings. It's linked at the end of this post

I'm sobbing in French

Countdown clock for 9am tomorrow (for emails)
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20170112T09&p0=1234&msg=Cambridge+Decision+Day&font=cursive

Wish I could sob in French... :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daniilS
That's a biology joke I haven't heard before! :eek: I'd give you an offer just for that :wink:

Haha Thank you! I'll reapply when you become a director of studies :') I found the joke online btw its not original haha
Original post by Replusz
ARE YOU SURE that international students get emails first (if i am from EU is it like ill get an email before noon?) ?
thanks for your answer

Yes.
Original post by wolfmoon88
Looking down from 8 gems :moon: :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Practically a celeb :rofl::tongue:
Reply 2057
Original post by vincrows

Ah right, so I assume the UK ones will be sent a little later on then, in which case it just depends on what time the mail comes:redface:
Will someone make a google spreadsheet like the one we had for interviews saying:
college:
subject:
international (y/n):
offer outcome:
pooled (y/n):
email or post:
I would but don't know how... would like to anxiously follow it tomorrow and see when certain colleges are starting to email...
Original post by jneill
It's a university-wide "proclamation". :smile:

oh okay, I just seem to remember people waiting ages for their interview letter to travel across a few continents lol - I suppose offers are v. different

Latest

Trending

Trending