The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Nervous about tomorrow's outcome.
I am applying as a post a level applicant .
History at Corpus Christi with A*A*A (History, English Literature and Maths).
Original post by Rachel58
There were so many rejections in the Oxford thread (so sorry Wolfie :frown: ) and that's just made me more nervous...

It's ok :hugs: pretty much over it other than the fact I can't sleep. :/

Don't be nervous, I'm sure you'll be fine! *^O^*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
:smile: "that's all I askkk of youuu" :tongue:

I'm sure it'll be good news :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice one :lol: Ahaha thank you!! Let's hope so :tongue:
Original post by potassiumnitrate
WHATTt??

Why are they sent manually one by one?

are you sure? it seems terribly inefficient

What, you didn't KNO(3)?

Spoiler

Original post by Xiuchen
What happens when you genetically modify lettuce?

It becomes CRISPR.

I prepared this joke for my NatSci Bio interview incase there was a situation where I had to tell a biology joke relevant to my personal statement...

Successful businessmen often say that some jokes have saved their lives. If you're in a tense position with someone, eg an interview or discussion, then you can escape by making a funny joke which softens the mood. Used by influential people to manipulate difficult times.
Original post by Christie_xx
Nice one :lol: Ahaha thank you!! Let's hope so :tongue:

A musical number for every situation :tongue:

:smile: "Believe and your wish will come trueeeee"

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daniilS
bruh if Girton gives me an offer I'll buy myself a second bike to celebrate

Oh no I'll be so happy if I get an offer from anywhere...
Apart from St John's ofc...

Spoiler

The only other oxbridge history applicant got a rejection from O***** today. Gahhhh I'm scared...
Original post by STRANGER2
Successful businessmen often say that some jokes have saved their lives. If you're in a tense position with someone, eg an interview or discussion, then you can escape by making a funny joke which softens the mood. Used by influential people to manipulate difficult times.

I should have said it when I was failing hard then :biggrin:
I hope I get to be the first person on TSR to post their Cambridge outcome like last year.

Postman, I trust in you!
Original post by Replusz
THANKS SO MUCH!!
just to be completely sure is this an estimation from you or do you have real information which suggest this? (sorry if this seems offensive, no offense meant, just would like to know)
pls ignore question if you like and sorry again :frown:

Non-UK applicants will be prioritised for emails.

I joked about science in the end of my interview ^^ was pretty smooth

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console::console::console:
After I found out my AS results, I sat on my mum's lap crying, refusing to go to bed - I know the not-sleeping feeling. I hope you enjoy next year, however you spend it :smile:

Thanks, but I'm doubtful! Average interviews with a poor application on paper :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so sorry about your rejection :frown: you've been so amazing in this thread
Original post by IcedArizona

I punned twice and my interviewers acted like it was actually funny
Original post by IcedArizona

I made my interviewers laugh by using the adjective "mean" for an historian. They actually laughed multiple times during my interview... :s-smilie:
Normally when I said something dumb :redface:

I told a rather large amount of jokes during my interview, we'll see how that turns out :colondollar:
Original post by Rachel58
:console::console::console:
After I found out my AS results, I sat on my mum's lap crying, refusing to go to bed - I know the not-sleeping feeling. I hope you enjoy next year, however you spend it :smile:

Thanks, but I'm doubtful! Average interviews with a poor application on paper :frown:

:hugs:

I will, spend the first half revising then decide what I'm going to do :tongue:

More often than not applicants underestimate their interview performance and I'm sure your app on paper isn't that bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trythis
I told a rather large amount of jokes during my interview, we'll see how that turns out :colondollar:

You'll know why it's such a useful tool!
:hugs:

I will, spend the first half revising then decide what I'm going to do :tongue:

More often than not applicants underestimate their interview performance and I'm sure your app on paper isn't that bad!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Revising is a good idea - I should be doing that now! I'd give you a hug but you're really far away geographically... :hugs:

It is bad - AAAB - and I chose to continue doing the subject I got a B in :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending