The Student Room Group

British Mensa

Scroll to see replies

how much did your parents pay for your membership?
Reply 21
Original post by S2M
You in 9th/10th grade?

I'm in year 10
Original post by S2M
You have to pay? I thought you only paid to take the test?

There is an annual membership if I recall.

I am not disparaging anyone who does join. I am sure it can be quite fun if you are interested in their content and the community aspect. Personally, I don't care about IQ in the first place so don't see any value in spending time talking to a bunch of people who probably do.
Reply 23
Original post by Palmyra
how much did your parents pay for your membership?

I got sent by my school who paid all the fees. I can't imagine it too much
Reply 24
Original post by ByronicHero

I am not disparaging anyone who does join. I am sure it can be quite fun if you are interested in their content and the community aspect. Personally, I don't care about IQ in the first place so don't see any value in spending time talking to a bunch of people who probably do.

Well Neuro.

It was great for me to join I met loads of people and I even got letters from top universities about being part of research. I really do think more people should try and join.
>paying money to join a meme """intellectual""" society.
How cucked can you get?
Original post by LisaNikita
My IQ is about 136

I did a test recently with oxford scored 138.

I don't know the minimum IQ but its usually ranged from 132+

Damn, what degree are you doing/what did you get in A-levels?

132 isn't crazy high, I might qualify after I do my degree then :colondollar:
Reply 27

Ohh right, I understand your point of view. :smile:
Reply 28
I'm in year 10

I was kind of right. :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by Pikachū
Damn, what degree are you doing/what did you get in A-levels?

132 isn't crazy high, I might qualify after I do my degree then :colondollar:

I'm in year 10 currently doing AS maths and doing Physics next year. If i was to do a degree I'd probably opt for Engineering at Yale or Brown University
Well Neuro.

It was great for me to join I met loads of people and I even got letters from top universities about being part of research. I really do think more people should try and join.

If you enjoy it, that's fantastic. Even better if it acts as a vehicle for you to access opportunities you might not otherwise have.

I speak only about why I didn't and wouldn't join. I think it is a waste of time and money. I'd rather use that money to subscribe to Liberty or something. It's a personal choice, not a broad judgement :smile:
Mensa is like TSR on prozac
Reply 32
If you enjoy it, that's fantastic. Even better if it acts as a vehicle for you to access opportunities you might not otherwise have.

I speak only about why I didn't and wouldn't join. I think it is a waste of time and money. I'd rather use that money to subscribe to Liberty or something. It's a personal choice, not a broad judgement :smile:

You don't usually pay for it. I have Autism so I'm kind of sponsored, it depends on how well you do. Most people join MENSA for life
You don't usually pay for it. I have Autism so I'm kind of sponsored, it depends on how well you do. Most people join MENSA for life

Most people pay if they want to be a member. You may not, in which case that is one fewer reason not to join. My personal objection extends beyond the financial. It wouldn't add any value to my life. If it adds value to yours then, once again, that's truly great and you should stick with it.
I'd rather have a life than have Autism, and join MENSA to try and show off on the internet when you were tutored for the entry test at the age of 9 lul
Reply 35
Original post by Anonymous
I'd rather have a life than have Autism, and join MENSA to try and show off on the internet when you were tutored for the entry test at the age of 9 lul

Well i was born with it. I can't really change it.

Your opinion is irrelevant since you are anonymous xd
Original post by Anonymous

For the record, plenty of people on the autistic spectrum live fulfilling lives despite their condition. I understand you want to snipe at the OP for ostensibly bragging, but there is no need to attack her for being autistic.
Reply 37
is the 30 min test at this link around the same level of difficulty to the mensa test?

http://geniustests.com/

I took it yesterday and it said I scored in the 98th percentile with a score of 37 ...but I am suspicious if the test is actually around the same difficulty as the true mensa test

if you have 30 mins spare please take the test and post your score.
Reply 38
Online tests add about 30+ points to your IQ, I wouldn't say they are reliable at all.
Reply 39
Original post by ANM775
is the 30 min test at this link around the same level of difficulty to the mensa test?

http://geniustests.com/

I took it yesterday and it said I scored in the 98th percentile with a score of 37 ...but I am suspicious if the test is actually around the same difficulty as the true mensa test

if you have 30 mins spare please take the test and post your score.

I'll take the test brb

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending