The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by india_beee
Do you reckon they'll send the emails in alphabetical order?? Anyone applied to Clare?

I've applied to Clare!!!!!!! Linguistics, what about you? Although I'm praying to get pooled because that;s my only camBridge chance!!!!!
Original post by jneill
Should* be a similarly thin letter/envelope for either outcome. Offer paperwork usually comes separately.

*Might vary by college...

Offer paperwork was definitely within the acceptance envelope last year. I remember filling it in on the day and sending it in. Do you think Churchill are gonna do the same thing this year?
Heya! :biggrin:

I've heard that sometimes (very rarely but still) applicants are given a...I think it's called an "open offer?"...in that they get an offer but the exact college that will take them will be determined after A-level results are released and once they see which applicants met their offers...I was wondering if this is possible for all courses or only some (like Maths but not Medicine or something?) and is it possible for mature and non-mature colleges? How often does this actually happen and why? Thanks! :smile:)
Original post by jneill
All colleges email non-UK candidates.

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you say non-UK , does that include international students who go to school in the UK
Original post by jneill
Should* be a similarly thin letter/envelope for either outcome. Offer paperwork usually comes separately.

*Might vary by college...

Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
Probably by subject. They'll send the different types separately probably too.

Last year King's sent out big envelopes with all the info at once for offer holders.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Your prediction displays that improvement. Maybe if they got a word or two about that in your reference! Then Cambs would see that.

:hugs:

Ikr :tongue: "I will try defying gravity and you won't bring me down" - to Oxford :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg yes, I'm gonna add that one to my rejection playlist! Wicked is the best :rolleyes:
Original post by mackie1212

I've heard that sometimes (very rarely but still) applicants are given a...I think it's called an "open offer?"...in that they get an offer but the exact college that will take them will be determined after A-level results are released and once they see which applicants met their offers...I was wondering if this is possible for all courses or only some (like Maths but not Medicine or something?) and is it possible for mature and non-mature colleges? How often does this actually happen and why? Thanks! :smile:)

Thought this only happens in Oxford. I may be wrong though. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314
Offer paperwork was definitely within the acceptance envelope last year. I remember filling it in on the day and sending it in. Do you think Churchill are gonna do the same thing this year?

So Churchill gives thick envelopes for offers?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by NeverLucky
Hey guys, I know this might be really insensitive of me and I'm sorry for asking but if you filled out the post-interview survey, could you fill this survey out tomorrow or whenever you find out the outcome of your application?
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uxOIkg5KMP8AJ1j4H8w3fX1_Y0z8C62dXXBdapT6paY

Again, sorry to ask this from everyone but it'll be needed to review the data from the post-interview survey. As per usual, all the data will be anonymised for this purpose.

@jneill could you maybe add this onto the OP?

Maybe you could also ask for the initial college and the subject. Would be interesting to see TSR ratios according to colleges and subjects, I think :wink:

Thank you by the way, I'll fill it :tongue:
Original post by domaths
Ok done: https://goo.gl/forms/ULrR5b33EmGCBch13 !!

Here's the spreadsheet too: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16YWMwtPB8r0aStfhUJQM0ErZC6HPO1Re4kmEdGWyYl8/edit?usp=sharing

Could you please put this in appropriate places ?

(Can people tell me now if I've missed things out since I can probably still change them)

I've added it to the Decisions [No Discussion] thread. :smile:
Original post by onlyvips
So Churchill gives thick envelopes for offers?!

That is definitely how it was last year. The envelope was super thick, so you will notice immediately.

However, I am not sure for this year and that is why I am asking jneill if there is a possibility they have changed their ways for this year.
I'm almost at the point where I'm regretting applying 😭😭 I can't do this waiting any more. I got asked no less than 40 times today whether I knew, despite having told every single person who then asked today that the decisions are out tomorrow. Anyone else feel physically sick.

And this is despite being almost certain that it's a rejection letter on its way to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is definitely how it was last year. The envelope was super thick, so you will notice immediately.

However, I am not sure for this year and that is why I am asking jneill if there is a possibility they have changed their ways for this year.

Oh right
I applied to Churchill
So I'm worried

Original post by blue2337
I've applied to Clare!!!!!!! Linguistics, what about you? Although I'm praying to get pooled because that;s my only camBridge chance!!!!!

Oh I applied to HSPS, what was your interview dates?? I'm just so scared don't know what to think!
Original post by wolfmoon88
Your prediction displays that improvement. Maybe if they got a word or two about that in your reference! Then Cambs would see that.

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: Just have to hope everyone else that applied to Trinity got Bs as well!

Dunno. Soz/

Original post by mackie1212

That's a perfect question for @Murray Edwards Admissions :smile:
Original post by india_beee
Oh I applied to HSPS, what was your interview dates?? I'm just so scared don't know what to think!

Mine was I think Monday 5th to the Tuesday? HSPS sounds so cool!!!!! And I feel you, Clare was so amazing and the porters were super cool but everyone there was so crazy smart I have absolutely no chance!!! Best of luck though!
Original post by potassiumnitrate
WHATTt??

Why are they sent manually one by one?

are you sure? it seems terribly inefficient

Original post by daniilS
Guess Cambridge values traditions more highly than we thought :wink:

Not being inefficient or keeping tradition.
That's the best way to avoid human error.
Original post by Christie_xx
Omg yes, I'm gonna add that one to my rejection playlist! Wicked is the best :rolleyes:

"You could have all you ever wanted..... No! I can't want ittttt anymoreeee" :tongue:

Yas do it :smile: I actually only like a few songs from Wicked :tongue:

Funny Girl, now that's where you get good songs for this situation

"Don't tell me not to live,
Just sit and putter,
Life's candy and the sun's
A ball of butter.
Don't bring around a cloud
To rain on my parade." :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xiuchen
What jokes did you guys tell?? :redface:

Don't remember all of them (luckily, I'd probably die from embarrassment...) but:
Interviewer said the interview would be 20 minutes, and 5 minutes/question, and that I'd have to stop writing.
Conversation went something along the lines of:
'I presume you'll wrench the pen out of my hand when it's up?'
'No, but we'll probably force you to stop and make you leave'
'Ahh, drag me out by the collar and kick me out, I see. [Insert witty joke about supervisions here that I don't remember]'

They laughed, though if that was a pity laugh, I don't know...

Latest

Trending

Trending