The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Pro Tip: Looking at acceptance statistics for previous years is a bad thing to do.
Original post by wolfmoon88
"You could have all you ever wanted..... No! I can't want ittttt anymoreeee" :tongue:

Yas do it :smile: I actually only like a few songs from Wicked :tongue:

Funny Girl, now that's where you get good songs for this situation

"Don't tell me not to live,
Just sit and putter,
Life's candy and the sun's
A ball of butter.
Don't bring around a cloud
To rain on my parade." :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omgggg yes what a jam :rofl:
Original post by RotomGuy
Pro Tip: Looking at acceptance statistics for previous years is a bad thing to do.

Agreed Completely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rachel58
Thanks :smile: Just have to hope everyone else that applied to Trinity got Bs as well!

Omg forgot you applied to Trinity :tongue:

No problem :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Insight314
Thick envelope = acceptance, right?

@jneill, Last year I got a really thick envelope with lots of pages that I have to fill in. Should I assume thick = acceptance? What about the converse?

What stuff did you need to fill in?
Original post by jamestg
tumblr_n35siavH3o1rsd9coo1_500.jpg

Because I have a childishly weird sense of humour, I laughed for 2 minutes straight at this.
Original post by PMC01234
Maybe you could also ask for the initial college and the subject. Would be interesting to see TSR ratios according to colleges and subjects, I think :wink:

Thank you by the way, I'll fill it :tongue:

I'll already got that data from the post-interview survey :smile:
Original post by blue2337
Mine was I think Monday 5th to the Tuesday? HSPS sounds so cool!!!!! And I feel you, Clare was so amazing and the porters were super cool but everyone there was so crazy smart I have absolutely no chance!!! Best of luck though!

I was there Sunday-Tuesday I must've seen you!?? And yeah I went to the porters lodge at 1am in my pjs one night and he came to my room to remove a giant spider hahaha! They were really nice! And yeah they were really smart that's why I'm so scared!! Good luck to you too!!
Original post by Christie_xx
Omgggg yes what a jam :rofl:

My parade got rained on :tongue: but y'all haven't yet so perfect song!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trythis
Don't remember all of them (luckily, I'd probably die from embarrassment...) but:
Interviewer said the interview would be 20 minutes, and 5 minutes/question, and that I'd have to stop writing.
Conversation went something along the lines of:
'I presume you'll wrench the pen out of my hand when it's up?'
'No, but we'll probably force you to stop and make you leave'
'Ahh, drag me out by the collar and kick me out, I see. [Insert witty joke about supervisions here that I don't remember]'

They laughed, though if that was a pity laugh, I don't know...

:smile: :smile: what subject were you applying for??
Original post by Knee Grow
Last year King's sent out big envelopes with all the info at once for offer holders.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last year John's offer came in a skinny envelope of one sheet.As often
said it varies!
Original post by CutieTootsie
Because I have a childishly weird sense of humour, I laughed for 2 minutes straight at this.

Ahaha yesss Parks and Rec is my fave :rofl:
Original post by RotomGuy

It's making me glad about my college choice, actually - the college I ended up applying to has a much higher admissions rate for my subject than the college I wanted to go for. Of course, they're still both quite low...
Original post by Xiuchen
:smile: :smile: what subject were you applying for??

CompSci! This was during my math interview.

You?
Original post by Replusz
THANKS SO MUCH!!
just to be completely sure is this an estimation from you or do you have real information which suggest this? (sorry if this seems offensive, no offense meant, just would like to know)
pls ignore question if you like and sorry again :frown:

Been doing this long enough to know this kind of untransferrable info......:wink:
Original post by trythis
CompSci! This was during my math interview.

You?

NatSci!! Best of luck for tomorrow!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by wolfmoon88
Omg forgot you applied to Trinity :tongue:

No problem :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you now doubting my chances? :tongue:
Original post by Knee Grow
Last year King's sent out big envelopes with all the info at once for offer holders.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I read somewhere that they'll be the same size this year. All the additional forms etc. will be sent via a different letter at a later date.
Hey guys,
I'm a German of Korean descent applying to read Law at St John's. I've been roughly following the posts here and wish everyone a peaceful (haha) D-Day tomorrow. I wanted to post one thing before the storm hits tomorrow. To be honest, my chances are slim and I did do the one or the other mistake at the interview, and the only reason why I'm not awaiting a rejection 100% is because hope always dies last. However, the only reason I am at peace is because I know that God is with me during every moment and that if I get rejected, there is another way that He is going to lead me through. I hope that everyone can make the best of their outcomes! (My friend said that she will bake me a cake for tomorrow and bring a large blanket I can cry in, hahaha.^^)

May the Lord bless all your lives <3
Gwen.
Original post by Rachel58
Are you now doubting my chances? :tongue:

Not at all, not at all! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending