The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Shotgun the "it's today" post in 3 hours.
Original post by CutieTootsie
Lol if I get pooled to girton I'll smack talk anyone who smack talks about girton

Ahaha yess :lol: Tbh I think getting pooled to Girton would be a great thing for me cus I'd be forced to do more exercise and Girton is really gorgeous anyway :tongue:
Original post by Steliata
Haha thanks, I row for Grosvenor Rowing Club in Chester :biggrin: and no, I'm applying for Japanese but I do Chinese in school atm :smile:

Thats really awesome!! Tbh, I've neglected rowing a bit last term because of University applications and stress, and my coach says if I want to return I have to do a 2k test :'( RIP I was legit planning on giving up rowing, but I saw my College's boat club and it was LYFE, so if I get into Cambridge I'll continue I guess :smile: Good luck!!!! :smile:
Original post by daniilS
You must love how comfortable gowns are :wink:

Vincrows is a parent :smile:
Original post by Christie_xx
Ahaha yess :lol: Tbh I think getting pooled to Girton would be a great thing for me cus I'd be forced to do more exercise and Girton is really gorgeous anyway :tongue:

Tbh cycling is amazing

It's like the freedom of having a car and going places (albeit in a smaller area) while also getting fit

If I get in I'll be so excited about more people cycling, where I live there's hardly anybody so the drivers are horrible!! :redface:
Come on Pringlehouse gimme an offer
Original post by Iloveowls16
Might be a stupid question but... I've heard that our head of sixth forms find out our application outcome before we do?!

Is it true?

I don't think so - one of my teachers specifically told me that they don't get notified at all on whether or not we have an offer. I'm not 100% certain but that's what she told me :tongue:
Original post by Xiuchen
Thats really awesome!! Tbh, I've neglected rowing a bit last term because of University applications and stress, and my coach says if I want to return I have to do a 2k test :'( RIP I was legit planning on giving up rowing, but I saw my College's boat club and it was LYFE, so if I get into Cambridge I'll continue I guess :smile: Good luck!!!! :smile:

Ah you row too? Which club are you at? :smile: and yeah 2ks suck, I haven't done one for a few months now! We've been focusing on longer distances - I have a 5k next week which I'm not looking forward to :s-smilie:

Good luck to you too!
It's gonna be so sad when I get rejected, but then I'll see loads of people on here get offers so I'll be happy until someone I recognise gets rejected - then I'll be sad again :frown:
Tbh cycling is amazing

It's like the freedom of having a car and going places (albeit in a smaller area) while also getting fit

If I get in I'll be so excited about more people cycling, where I live there's hardly anybody so the drivers are horrible!! :redface:

Ahaha yeah the cycling sounds so amazing!! My dad has a stationary bike that I use but it's not as good as the real thing :redface:
Original post by Christie_xx
I don't think so - one of my teachers specifically told me that they don't get notified at all on whether or not we have an offer. I'm not 100% certain but that's what she told me :tongue:

Yes I believe the teachers only know when UCAS Track updates (assuming you applied via your school) and that won't update for a few days at least.
pooled.png
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
Grosvenor? I'm sure our School rows against them...

Whereabouts is the school? (I'm aware it's not a good idea to mention it specifically) Maybe we do race each other :smile:
Ah you row too? Which club are you at? :smile: and yeah 2ks suck, I haven't done one for a few months now! We've been focusing on longer distances - I have a 5k next week which I'm not looking forward to :s-smilie:

Good luck to you too!

Used to row for Henley (back when I was committed and good), now at my school rowing club :smile: And I hate long distance ergs ew :biggrin:
Original post by jneill
What about this though?

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/decisions/admissions-policy/international-undergraduate-admissions
"Please note that internationals attending or committed to attend universities in their home country won’t normally be considered for admission to Cambridge to study a full undergraduate course in the same or a very similar subject whilst they’re still committed to another university."

We can't know if you're committed to attending a non-UCAS university can we?

I don't remember that being agreed - it's something of a grey area to be frank.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by NeverLucky
Yes I believe the teachers only know when UCAS Track updates (assuming you applied via your school) and that won't update for a few days at least.

Ahh yeah that sounds about right :smile:
Original post by potassiumnitrate
WHATTt??

Why are they sent manually one by one?

are you sure? it seems terribly inefficient

Some send them individually, some use mail merge.
Original post by Inister
pooled.png

Is this from Memebridge? If not, you should sent it to them.
Original post by Xiuchen
Used to row for Henley (back when I was committed and good), now at my school rowing club :smile: And I hate long distance ergs ew :biggrin:

Woah Henley are amazing - we went to Nat champs a few years back and Henley were busy thrashing everybody including us :biggrin:

Nice bit of river as well! Although the Dee is pretty nice so I can't complain :tongue:
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Is this from Memebridge? If not, you should sent it to them.

no it's not, lol. will do.

Latest

Trending

Trending