The Student Room Group

Trump calls out CNN, Buzzfeed "Fake news"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mathemagicien
So you are white. I had a hunch... :wink:

I literally said I was White on that thread, also it was supposed to be ironic.

Original post by Pikachū
>we

I'm the Whitest man there ever was
The problem for Trump is he has now just made another enemy in a media channel. At some point he might need the media on his side.

At some point things are going to go against him. Being President is easy in the early days when you have just won an election, remember Obama when he had everyone cheering "Yes we can" and celebrating his election in a spirit of hope. But times will come when even your own supporters start to question you and be disappointed. Obama rode them out keeping a cool head and rational argument and broadly kept people with him to the end. Trump reacts to criticism by trading insults and going on Twitter, but how is that going to look when things are going against him and his popularity ratings are down and even many of his supporters are starting to waver. It will just look like he is thin-skinned and has lost his grip and he will end up an easy target.

You can also see something similar developing with Theresa May, her stock reaction when under pressure is either to say "there is no crisis" (eg in the NHS) or make a pithy meaningless statement like "Brexit means Brexit", "what matters is listening to the instruction of the British people and we're going to deliver it". It's ok while she's riding high over Corbyn now, but when things are going against her and she just trots out those lines she will end up like James Callaghan with the "crisis? what crisis?" headline.
Eugh, a male to top it all off!

And I suppose you are straight and cis-gender as well? 1000% privilege m8

small_how privileged are you.jpg

sheeeeiiiiiiii
Original post by Shadow Hunters
Lol when in a few weeks we find out it's true and he's impeached. :h:

Then President Pence. :bricks:

So, what's he being impeached for?
*Polishes his big thick White privilege*

Original post by will.db
hahaha I'm 165+

Welcome to the suburb friend, it's like heaven but without the diversity.

How does it work if I identify as transgender? Like I'm male, and was born male, but I identify as someone who was born female and changed to male?

You can sit at the back of the suburb.
>Jewish +25

oy vey they know!
Original post by Pikachū
>Jewish +25

oy vey they know!

''social autism'' (freebee)
It's pretty offensive that the Middle East is lower than India
Original post by will.db
hhhaha but what if I wanted a house in the countryside? :frown:

Good thinking, get a country residence and join the local golf club.
Original post by l'etranger
It's pretty offensive that the Middle East is lower than India

What would a Middle Easterner pick for race? White or Asian?
(edited 7 years ago)
Lol, what a legend.
I wouldn't mind seeing CNN taken off the air haha, and NBC
But seriously, they need an option for students. I feel like my STEM degree gives me more opportunities, and hence "privilege", than media studies or something like that.

I'm 150 (where are my slaves and mansion?!) ignoring the professions section.

No it doesn't, STEM is overrated.

Listen you Whiteboi, privilege isn't about having slaves and mansions, privilege is going into a mall and being able to steal from it knowing that the security won't strip search you, privilege is getting pulled over in your car whilst you're drunk only to ask directions and actually get them. You don't see your privilege because it's stacked up right to your eyeballs.

Original post by Pikachū
What would a Middle Easterner pick for race? White or Asian? working out mine

Go with Latino, it's the closest thing.

Original post by will.db
Sounds much better, perhaps a shrine to Cecil Rhodes in the courtyard to ward off any weird green haired lefties?

The Cecil Rhodes Country Club. That's the coolest thing ever :rofl:
Original post by MagicNMedicine
The problem for Trump is he has now just made another enemy in a media channel. At some point he might need the media on his side.

Is this really a problem for Trump? Not a single major newspaper endorsed him for President, the first time that had ever happened.

I don't really see how the media could be any more anti-Trump than they already are.
where do i get the members card?
where do i get a members card?

The ME is in Asia so Middle Easterners are by definition Asian...
No it doesn't, STEM is overrated.

Listen you Whiteboi, privilege isn't about having slaves and mansions, privilege is going into a mall and being able to steal from it knowing that the security won't strip search you, privilege is getting pulled over in your car whilst you're drunk only to ask directions and actually get them. You don't see your privilege because it's stacked up right to your eyeballs.

The Cecil Rhodes Country Club. That's the coolest thing ever :rofl:

-35, got that Muslim victim point gibbs :perv:

I expect reparations soon gora
Original post by Palmyra
The ME is in Asia so Middle Easterners are by definition Asian...

It's true in the literal sense, but people don't take words to mean their literal definitions. Asian in the context of this graphic which undoubtedly was created in America means northeast Asians rather than Arabs or South Asians.

Original post by will.db
see you there next saturday, round of golf followed by an interlude to admire britain's former colonial might?

*bangs fist aggressively* hear hear

Original post by Pikachū
-35, got that Muslim victim point gibbs :perv:

I expect reparations soon gora

Okie, they're on this boat you just have to put on these magic shackles.

wot did u just say brah??? fite me 1v1 irl ill rek u m8

STEM is very middle-middle class, actual rich people study the liberal arts.
small_how privileged are you.jpg

sheeeeiiiiiiii

I got -45 lmao
Original post by Kravence
I got -45 lmao

:console: You can be an honourary gora pakora

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending