The Student Room Group

What are some of your bad experiences on the bus/tube?

Share stories about nightmare passengers while you were riding, or weird things you do on the bus/tube :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Down in Brighton on a train and it was like sardines on a Friday night, wasn't on for long but it was horrific how we were all packed in so tight.
I remember ages ago on the way home from college there was a wasp flying around the bus and people were freaking out like ****ing numptees. Just swat it away if it comes near you, what's the f***ing point of running up and down the gangway :rofl:
Reply 3
It was a Saturday evening and I was travelling down to Bolton with my partner to visit a friend and instead of driving, we took the train for a change and everything was fine on the Transpennine train but when we got on the train from Preston to Bolton, there were these 'chavs' for a better word sitting a few seats behind me and my partner. I noticed they were laughing and mocking our accents on the platform but I ignored it and I didn't realise they were sitting near us until they started shouting abuse at us.

At first it was digs like "haw scum, let us hear your accent again" and we just ignored them and then it was more taunting and mocking what we wearing and called us a derogatory term for Scot. I can't remember what it was now but I asked my English friend what it meant and she told me. Then they said if we didn't turn around they would attack us and one of them threw something at my head, I think it was those balls you can make by wrapping lots of rubber bands around together, I only saw it for a second after it hit the floor and rolled away.

There were people in the carriage too but they didn't look up or bat an eyelid. The journey wasn't long but I had never felt so unsafe in all my life and it took everything for me to not react or snap but thankfully we got off the train and they stayed on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I was living in turkey , I had to get the local bus to work called the dolmus (it literally translates into English as 'stuffed'). It was like the size of a camper van and they crammed on as many people as physically possible . In June it was 50 degrees so u do the maths haha. :laugh:
Indian train :lol: I've blocked it from memory
Reply 6
Original post by Reachin4TheStars

This man came on the bus and he was obese and was holding a pack of chips and he was gonaa go on the second level of the bus and his pants fell down and he wasn't wearing any underwear, I'm scard for life 😅

:rofl:
:toofunny:

was just gonna tag you :biggrin:

wait...

Original post by Rock Fan
Down in Brighton on a train and it was like sardines on a Friday night, wasn't on for long but it was horrific how we were all packed in so tight.

did it smell like sardines?
I also remember traveling down to London few years back and was in an empty carriage and a bloke who must have had appalling hygiene decided to sit right next to me.
Original post by 0to100
did it smell like sardines?

Well now you mention it I do remember someone near by dropped a bad fart.
Reply 12
I was pressed against this hot girl's boobs on the train once. It was unpleasant because she had terrible BO.

Did like the boobs though.
-My school bus crashed when I was in year 9. The double-decker I was riding T-Boned a driver backing out. He was fine, but his car was not... We had to leave and get on another bus...

-A tree branch smashed the entire front window of another double-decker and sent glass everywhere, I was never cool enough to sit on the top deck though. :smile:

-The Northern Line in general, you could torture someone by making them ride that at rush-hour, I am stunned that people are just OK with it...
Original post by WoodyMKC
I remember ages ago on the way home from college there was a wasp flying around the bus and people were freaking out like ****ing numptees. Just swat it away if it comes near you, what's the f***ing point of running up and down the gangway :rofl:

:rofl: was gna tag ya brooo

and one time a pigeon flew into the bus window but it would've been great if he flew in
Drunk guy on the bus sat right next to me on the way home at night. Kept asking me personal questions and there was two teens on the bus just laughing and smiling. Parred him off loads of times though.

I told him I worked at a supermarket currently and he kept taking the piss but I told him I'm going to work the NHS and he shut his gob then.
Original post by Supernova91
When I was living in turkey , I had to get the local bus to work called the dolmus (it literally translates into English as 'stuffed':wink:. It was like the size of a camper van and they crammed on as many people as physically possible . In June it was 50 degrees so u do the maths haha. :laugh:

might wanna avoid a bus called stuffed XD
i once had this really fit guy stand next to me while i was sat down on a tube........ it was really cramped...... he was quite close.....:fan:

i havent really used a bus though:holmes:
Original post by KyleH123
Drunk guy on the bus sat right next to me on the way home at night. Kept asking me personal questions and there was two teens on the bus just laughing and smiling. Parred him off loads of times though.

I told him I worked at a supermarket currently and he kept taking the piss but I told him I'm going to work the NHS and he shut his gob then.

laughed already at "drunk guy"

hate them late nite journeys. Sorry I sat so close to ya bruv :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest