The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Primary Education with QTS

Hi all,
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
My interview is tomorrow and I'm extremely nervous but I should be able to help with what you need to do. On the attatchment I received with an email it says there is registration, an introductory talk which will brief over everything you heard on the open day (if attended), then a group interview where a DVD is played and you must discuss certain things as a group in relation to it and finally a 2 minute talk out of about 6 questions they give you. To prepare my advice would be to make sure you're aware of all the educational issues at the moment and general things to do with teaching like what qualities should they have etc. The interviewers have a certain criteria which they look for which should be listed on the email, like your ability to express and justify own views, listen and engage with others etc. Hope this helps :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Cmorley99
My interview is tomorrow and I'm extremely nervous but I should be able to help with what you need to do. On the attatchment I received with an email it says there is registration, an introductory talk which will brief over everything you heard on the open day (if attended), then a group interview where a DVD is played and you must discuss certain things as a group in relation to it and finally a 2 minute talk out of about 6 questions they give you. To prepare my advice would be to make sure you're aware of all the educational issues at the moment and general things to do with teaching like what qualities should they have etc. The interviewers have a certain criteria which they look for which should be listed on the email, like your ability to express and justify own views, listen and engage with others etc. Hope this helps :smile:

How did it go? So you basically had to do a mini presentation about the DVD? Thanks for your reply :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by dxmpls
How did it go? So you basically had to do a mini presentation about the DVD? Thanks for your reply :smile:

It went really well I got an offer within 24 hours! They're really welcoming and make you feel relaxed so there's nothing to worry about. The DVD is separate to the mini talk, you'll watch a clip and then discuss certain aspects as a group and then the mini talk is on a topic from a list that MMU give you. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending