The Student Room Group

The 2017 Oxford Decisions Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Pembroke and Queen' s and tbh I really liked them both. But an offer is an offer I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mickeydelmonte
A level: 3A* and an A (already achieved)
GCSE: 12A*
BMAT: 6.6, 6.7, 3A (I know you didn't ask for this but just in case someone wants to know it saves me typing another reply).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gosh sorry, for some reason I thought that you asked me (it came up as a notification on my phone) only now I realised you asked someone else. Sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Subject: English
College: Brasenose
Outcome: Conditional offer, found out by letter
Thoughts/feelings: "This is surreal"
Original post by drriversong
Subject: History
College: Regents
Outcome: Offer
How did you find out: Letter
How do you feel:surprised! I only got 4 A*s at GCSE so wasn't expecting it!

Goddddd, I only got 1 A*, 5 As, 4Bs & a C!! Offered a place at Queen's (they're yet to confirm it--I was pooled) but I was really nervous about my gcses bringing me down omg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone else not received anything or am I the only one? I applied to Keble for Law.
Original post by helpwithuni
What do you do if you haven't found out yet?

Sit tight and wait until you hear something either way (which will probs happen within the next few days or so) :yes:
Original post by Peskymonkeys
hello, congrats on your offer! Did you apply while you were already in uni? Is that possible: transfer from uk uni to uk uni for law?

:fyi: You can apply to Oxford (but not Cambridge, afaik) whilst at another uni but you have to be prepared to answer questions about why you're doing that. And for the fact that you may not get in, whilst having (possibly) made things awkward with the uni you're currently attending...

It's also worth noting that (if we're gonna be nitpicky) transfers aren't possible. You start from scratch again at Oxford, regardless of your stage of study at the uni you're in. You can't go from Year 1 at X uni straight into Year 2 at Oxford, or Year 2 at Y uni straight to Year 3 at Oxford :nah:
Original post by BULL14
may i ask what were your gcses and a level predictions

Hey, I'm international, so I'm not taking gcses and a levels. Sorry :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:fyi: You can apply to Oxford (but not Cambridge, afaik) whilst at another uni but you have to be prepared to answer questions about why you're doing that. And for the fact that you may not get in, whilst having (possibly) made things awkward with the uni you're currently attending...

It's also worth noting that (if we're gonna be nitpicky) transfers aren't possible. You start from scratch again at Oxford, regardless of your stage of study at the uni you're in. You can't go from Year 1 at X uni straight into Year 2 at Oxford, or Year 2 at Y uni straight to Year 3 at Oxford :nah:

To expand on your answer, you can do that for Cambridge but you'd need "extenuating circumstances" with justification from someone at your current uni (which is why I didn't apply there).

The question I was asked about it was literally just "So why are you applying to Oxford?" After I gave my relatively short answer, they just said ok and moved on.

Lastly, the current uni really has no part to play in the application - no one at the faculty would or could have known that I had reapplied if I hadn't suddenly told them I'm dropping out today.

That's my personal experience at least, hope it helps others in a similar situation! :smile:
Original post by Qwerty178
To expand on your answer, you can do that for Cambridge but you'd need "extenuating circumstances" with justification from someone at your current uni (which is why I didn't apply there).

The question I was asked about it was literally just "So why are you applying to Oxford?" After I gave my relatively short answer, they just said ok and moved on.

Lastly, the current uni really has no part to play in the application - no one at the faculty would or could have known that I had reapplied if I hadn't suddenly told them I'm dropping out today.

That's my personal experience at least, hope it helps others in a similar situation! :smile:

Fair enough: I was under the impression that the current uni had to provide a reference or give a statement of support, but maybe that was just Cambridge :getmecoat:
Subject: English
College: balliol
Offer: condicional 3As
How did you find out: email
How do you feel: I'm not sure if I'm going to put it as my first option yet, so I'm pleased but a bit stressed/ unsure at the moment
Reply 231
Original post by Qwerty178

I can second that. :smile: I went to uni in Germany and reapplied, the German uni wasn't involved at all (would have been pretty impossible anyway cause the semester only started right after the deadline). I wasn't even asked about why I was reapplying/applying from uni, though I did have like a sentence on this on my personal statement. The interviewers didn't ask any questions about it and treated me like the other applicants :smile: However those things might be related to the other uni not being in the UK and the fact that the course wasn't exactly the same (applied for PPE but only do two of them here) :smile:
Subject: Classics
College: Balliol
Outcome: Rejected
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email
How do you feel?: Bereaved, but calm
Reply 233
Original post by helpwithuni
Has anyone else not received anything or am I the only one? I applied to Keble for Law.

I'm yet to hear from Keble for law too! My letter wasn't in the post. I saw somebody on another thread who was rejected for Law at Keble though
Subject: Medicine
College: Magdalen
Outcome: Conditional Offer (A*AA)
How did you find out? Letter-around 12 ish
How do you feel?: Ecstatic and shocked!!
Original post by Lauren1498x
Maybe! Obvs it just wasn't our time 😌

:colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

Yep :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 236
Subject: PPE
College: Merton
Outcome: Conditional Offer (met)
How did you find out: Email (international student)
How do you feel: "Is this real? OMGGG"
Subject: Psychology and Philosophy
College: Lady Margaret Hall
Outcome: Conditional offer
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email at 12:30pm
How do you feel?: Shocked and in disbelief, but SO ecstatic in the moments when I realize this is real!
Reply 238
Anyone from Merton? Lonely 😥😥
Original post by ch2831
Anyone from Merton? Lonely 😥😥

There was a classics student that got into Merton in the other thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending