The Student Room Group

What are some of your bad experiences on the bus/tube?

Scroll to see replies

I was in year 11. On some London busses there's seats at the front that can only fit one person. A man decided to squash himself right next to me. I got off the bus because I was so uncomfortable.
Original post by toonervoustotalk
:tongue:
I also hate it when the bus driver just decides to stop randomly 'please move down inside the bus' when it is crammed full with people smh

@z33 I just told her about this :rofl:

lol read her wall

I got into a fight on the bus at 15 year old cos the bus was packed and the driver was like "we're not moving till you make room" No one wanted to go to the top deck for some reason? So people kinda moved like an inch over :colonhash: and then this dude in a suit shoves me in my chest thinking Ima fly, well I beat the **** out of him and he tried to smack with his briefcase. I was not the one to **** with that day, on the bus homeless, he tried it lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Aw lol Are you Indian and visiting, or touring?
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
I was being chivalrous... you know, like CC. :mmm: And you were being just as stubborn. :unimpressed:

Those men who were singing with drums that day were also quite interesting. :tongue:

Fine, I might just have to forgive you for that, what with you being CC and everything. :rolleyes: Only because you were. :hide:

Can't believe I forgot about that. :rofl:
Original post by emerald7770
When the bus is clearly packed and someone with a pushchair decides to enter and people have to move away from the pushchair area for the pushchair owner to fit. Then next, people are standing on top of each other.

lmao yes the pramfaces come in and people with the shopping buggy. An old dude intentionally wheeled over my foot. Dont get me started on wheelchairs :redface:

:toofunny:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Fine, I might just have to forgive you for that, what with you being CC and everything. :rolleyes: Only because you were. :hide:

Can't believe I forgot about that. :rofl:

share a story you chicken or I will roast you with puns

(just made a pun..chicken..roast...muahahah)
Original post by 0to100
@z33 I just told her about this :rofl:

lol read her wall

I got into a fight on the bus at 15 year old cos the bus was packed and the driver was like "we're not moving till you make room" No one wanted to go to the top deck for some reason? So people kinda moved like an inch over :colonhash: and then this dude in a suit shoves me in my chest thinking Ima fly, well I beat the **** out of him and he tried to smack with his briefcase. I was not the one to **** with that day, on the bus homeless, he tried it lol

I know their reason for not going upper deck lol
Probs getting off in a few stops
Lol
Reminds me of a time i went clubbing in london and there were two fights going on at the same time drunken fights obviously but bottled flying everywhere, it was crazy
The fight prevented my chances of pulling a total hottie:rofl: one of the guys involved in the fight spat on my crush for the evening's eye:angry:
Aahhh another just came to mind :lol: I remember getting on once and asking for a one way ticket. She gave me a return. I wasn't paying for a return, I didn't ask for it. We argued for about a minute before she caved in, huffing and puffing about it. Then she stood there and stared at me as I'm waiting for my change and I'm like "Can I have my change please?". She then tells me the ticket was £2.10, I only gave her £1.10. Total BS, I gave her a £2 coin. So then we started arguing again, and I could hear the other passengers *****ing but I was a student, I had no money and I wasn't giving her more money or getting off that bus :lol: In the end she caved in again and I sat down. Stupid c***, I win :rofl:
Original post by 0to100
Aw lol Are you Indian and visiting, or touring?

Visiting fam there and refused to ever go back :rofl:
Original post by 0to100
share a story you chicken or I will roast you with puns

(just made a pun..chicken..roast...muahahah)

What story do you want me to share? :dontknow:

:colonhash:
I know their reason for not going upper deck lol
Probs getting off in a few stops
Lol
Reminds me of a time i went clubbing in london and there were two fights going on at the same time drunken fights obviously but bottled flying everywhere, it was crazy
The fight prevented my chances of pulling a total hottie:rofl: one of the guys involved in the fight spat on my crush for the evening's eye:angry:

on the bus?
Original post by WoodyMKC
Aahhh another just came to mind :lol: I remember getting on once and asking for a one way ticket. She gave me a return. I wasn't paying for a return, I didn't ask for it. We argued for about a minute before she caved in, huffing and puffing about it. Then she stood there and stared at me as I'm waiting for my change and I'm like "Can I have my change please?". She then tells me the ticket was £2.10, I only gave her £1.10. Total BS, I gave her a £2 coin. So then we started arguing again, and I could hear the other passengers *****ing but I was a student, I had no money and I wasn't giving her more money or getting off that bus :lol: In the end she caved in again and I sat down. Stupid c***, I win :rofl:

Surely you still owe 10p though right?
Original post by TheOtherSide.
What story do you want me to share? :dontknow:

:colonhash:

read the title :dontknow:

:u:
Original post by 0to100
on the bus?

Lol nah
Still in the club
Original post by 0to100
read the title :dontknow:

:u:

Oh yeah, now I remember why I clicked on this thread in the first place. :facepalm:

I tried to get on the bus with my oyster card but for some reason it had a negative balance and literally no one bothered to tell me that I wasn't allowed to get on a bus with a negative balance even if bus travel was free. :colonhash: I ended up sort of arguing with the bus driver and then just stayed on the bus. It was really frustrating. :facepalm2:
Lol nah
Still in the club

lol oh right yea the fights happen a lot but not even at clubs here haha
Dont stop with the anecdotes peeps :biggrin:
Original post by WoodyMKC

Original post by Khanthebrit

Khan you just turned this into a math problem I didn't want :rofl: now Im reading woody's post like it's an exam

If the one way ticket cost 2.10, and Woody pays 2 quid, but the agent says he only paid 1.10, how much does Woody owe?

Part II:

How much does the round way ticket cost more than the one way ticket?

Show your work.
Original post by Khanthebrit

Noooooo, I gave her £2.10, I was just pointing out that I gave her £2 coin but she thought it was a £1 coin :lol:
@Reachin4TheStars you told me about that time the obese guy dropped his trousers omdd dead
anyway night

Quick Reply

Latest