The Student Room Group

How to stop procrastinating????

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sleepinglions
woah, you're really good :redface: "random doodles" People that can draw will always amaze me :tongue: What's the artwork for?

Spoiler

haha thanks, It's a game design module, the first brief was designing a board game and we were marked on the concept and strategy elements. Got a first in that because I didn't have to do artwork for it.
The brief im doing tonight is making a big video game design document and it's mostly the artwork getting marked. I've got mega low motivation for art nowadays. Literally just want to get my degree and do something else.

My game idea is a real time strategy fantasy game similar to warcraft 3 or age of mythology.

np lol.

Original post by KvRs
Try taking all social media apps off your PC and only using your phone for TSR, FB etc. but keep things on there that will help you concentrate e.g. Spotify

Damn that's so hard to do though :frown: I'll have to try it soon I guess. I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight though anyways incase I oversleep the deadline.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ChickenMadness
haha thanks, It's a game design module, the first brief was designing a board game and we were marked on the concept and strategy elements. Got a first in that because I didn't have to do artwork for it.
The brief im doing tonight is making a big video game design document and it's mostly the artwork getting marked. I've got mega low motivation for art nowadays. Literally just want to get my degree and do something else.

My game idea is a real time strategy fantasy game similar to warcraft 3 or age of mythology.

np lol.

Oh right! That's cool, well done on the first! I lack in the creativity/imagination department :lol: You reckon it was due to the lack of art? Why so? :redface: Going by your 1 random doodle, your couple minutes of work, beats anything I've ever produced - definitely talented, I think!

Awww, that sucks - well I hope a spark shoots up out of somewhere to help you get through it :h: But I can totally relate to the whole wanting to just get the end of your degree :rolleyes:

I'm not much of a gamer, but after a quick google scan, seems like there's plenty of scope for letting your imagination run wild with that :lol: Enjoy!
In my head i tell my self that my exam is tommorow it helps
Original post by Lucy9873
In my head i tell my self that my exam is tommorow it helps

Can't help that much if you're on tsr right now haha
Oh right! That's cool, well done on the first! I lack in the creativity/imagination department :lol: You reckon it was due to the lack of art? Why so? :redface: Going by your 1 random doodle, your couple minutes of work, beats anything I've ever produced - definitely talented, I think!

Awww, that sucks - well I hope a spark shoots up out of somewhere to help you get through it :h: But I can totally relate to the whole wanting to just get the end of your degree :rolleyes:

I'm not much of a gamer, but after a quick google scan, seems like there's plenty of scope for letting your imagination run wild with that :lol: Enjoy!

Ye Idk I just find it kinda boring now, like you have to put too much effort in to get to a point where it's easy and enjoyable lol. When I used to do maths and subjects like that at school it didn't take much effort. Theres too much problem solving that isn't easy to solve like in other subjects. If I was doing a stem subject I could just look up the answer or work it out easily. Takes way longer. I'm better at strategy type stuff tbh.

I might change my mind once I move out of this house and into halls and stop being depressed though lol.

I think you can be creative if you watch some badass movies to think of ideas. Don't need to be good at art. Plus you only get good from practicing loads anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ye Idk I just find it kinda boring now, like you have to put too much effort in to get to a point where it's easy and enjoyable lol. When I used to do maths and subjects like that at school it didn't take much effort. Theres too much problem solving that isn't easy to solve like in other subjects. If I was doing a stem subject I could just look up the answer or work it out easily. Takes way longer. I'm better at strategy type stuff tbh.

I might change my mind once I move out of this house and into halls and stop being depressed though lol.

I think you can be creative if you watch some badass movies to think of ideas. Don't need to be good at art. Plus you only get good from practicing loads anyway.

Aww, fair enough :smile:
Looking up the answer and working it out easily, awww throwback to my whole secondary school experience :moon:

Oh bless, hope you're alright? When are you moving over to halls?
Reply 26
The moment you realise you've procrastinated too much is when you start counting how long you've got left before the deadline in hours not days.......
Original post by elekro
The moment you realise you've procrastinated too much is when you start counting how long you've got left before the deadline in hours not days.......

lmao. Thats what I'm doing.

Aww, fair enough :smile:
Looking up the answer and working it out easily, awww throwback to my whole secondary school experience :moon:

Oh bless, hope you're alright? When are you moving over to halls?

I should be fine on Saturday, thats when I'm moving. My current housemates aren't very nice.
Reply 28
lmao. Thats what I'm doing.

How many words left?
Original post by elekro
How many words left?

I don't have words to do. My deadline is 1pm today though.
Reply 30
I don't have words to do. My deadline is 1pm today though.

holy s**t! good luck! what do you do?
Original post by elekro
holy s**t! good luck! what do you do?

im a game art student i have to do a bunch of concept art
Reply 32
im a game art student i have to do a bunch of concept art

ohh that's so cool!! :smile:
Original post by elekro
ohh that's so cool!! :smile:

thanks im making a map on here atm lol. What do you do?

http://inkarnate.com/
Reply 34
thanks im making a map on here atm lol. What do you do?

http://inkarnate.com/

I'm a criminology student and I'm not making any cool maps only uncool essays :frown:
Original post by elekro
I'm a criminology student and I'm not making any cool maps only uncool essays :frown:

I hated essays at school haha. I still have to do 2 per year on my course. Can't escape them lol.

Whens your drug crime essay for?
Reply 36
I hated essays at school haha. I still have to do 2 per year on my course. Can't escape them lol.

Whens your drug crime essay for?

friday evening but I'm working tomorrow, 8h shift, so that's a day down the drain :/
Original post by elekro
friday evening but I'm working tomorrow, 8h shift, so that's a day down the drain :/

lol rekt you're gonna be so sleepy.
Reply 38
lol rekt you're gonna be so sleepy.

I already am :frown: I'm about to start freaking out
Original post by elekro
I already am :frown: I'm about to start freaking out

call in sick?

Quick Reply