The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
Original post by 555xxx555
I wonder if we were there on the same day xD

What time do you think we'll get emailed? Any idea?

I had interview at 7th Dec, you?
I honestly thought I could have got 1/10 or 0/10 on that exam if its possible:colondollar:
Good luck though. Do you have any idea what time we will get sent emails? Also if there's no letter for me when the post comes, can I assume I've been rejected?

Good luck to you too! I'm not 100% sure on the email side of things, I didn't apply to Emmanuel (I'm a Newnham applicant). But previous posts have stated that emails will be sent manually throughout the day for most colleges, haven't a clue about the letters though.
So no post =no offer:frown: so I should know at about 9 when my postman comes

My interview was on the 6th
Original post by Naeco
Emmanuel only send letter to offer holders, you will also get letter if you've been pooled and obtained an offer.
Last year's the first Emmanuel applicants in TSR receive their emails about 11am ish.
Murray Edward Addimission said that they send offers by subject order, so if you hear some law applicants received email, you should expect your email will come soon as well (I'm not sure at all about this)
Reply 2443
So no post =no offer:frown: so I should know at about 9 when my postman comes

My interview was on the 6th

My postman arrive after 12am:frown:
Good luck to us:frown:
I tried sifting through all the posts I've missed, but after an hour and a half I've given up :tongue:

This has definitely been the most surreal and incredible experience I've ever had. Just APPLYING to Cambridge had been my dream since I was 14, let alone getting an interview. I still clearly remember running excitedly to my school counselor to tell her I wanted to apply in 3 years - and she had never heard of Cambridge :colonhash:

Even though I've pretty much winged this entire process as the first applicant from a school of 4,000 students each year, and it was a little expensive, and odds were I would walk out of it with a rejection, I couldn't have imagined something being worth more of my effort and time.

So I can happily say I've already fulfilled my dream no matter what happens between 1 am and 9 am for me :redface: I have exams tomorrow and an interview to prep for and I probably won't be totally on top of this thread, but I wanted to thank you all for being such a kind and supportive bunch when otherwise I probably would have felt so alone :smile:
Original post by rissanicole14
I tried sifting through all the posts I've missed, but after an hour and a half I've given up :tongue:

This has definitely been the most surreal and incredible experience I've ever had. Just APPLYING to Cambridge had been my dream since I was 14, let alone getting an interview. I still clearly remember running excitedly to my school counselor to tell her I wanted to apply in 3 years - and she had never heard of Cambridge :colonhash:

Even though I've pretty much winged this entire process as the first applicant from a school of 4,000 students each year, and it was a little expensive, and odds were I would walk out of it with a rejection, I couldn't have imagined something being worth more of my effort and time.

So I can happily say I've already fulfilled my dream no matter what happens between 1 am and 9 am for me :redface: I have exams tomorrow and an interview to prep for and I probably won't be totally on top of this thread, but I wanted to thank you all for being such a kind and supportive bunch when otherwise I probably would have felt so alone :smile:

https://youtu.be/wLaM1d383eg
A jam for you in the morning as you open up that email :smile:)

:hugs:

the bolded part is pretty insane really... :/

Good luck on your decisions and your exams! I am sure that both will go extremely well. :smile:

To say it is a little expensive is an understatement :rofl: the worst part of my rejection I think was that I knew that my parents paid a lot of money for me to fly over to the UK just to attend the interviews and nothing really came out of that in terms of an offer (of course it was a great experience and I don't regret trying) and I feel extremely bad about that...

I am sure that wherever you end up, you do extremely well, but I hope that is Cambridge! :tongue:
Original post by peterle14
https://youtu.be/wLaM1d383eg
A jam for you in the morning as you open up that email :smile:)

Hello again!! Thanks, I will definitely blast that in the morning :h:
Hello again!! Thanks, I will definitely blast that in the morning :h:

Hahaha me too!
Best of luck!!
Original post by wolfmoon88

the bolded part is pretty insane really... :/

Good luck on your decisions and your exams! I am sure that both will go extremely well. :smile:

To say it is a little expensive is an understatement :rofl: the worst part of my rejection I think was that I knew that my parents paid a lot of money for me to fly over to the UK just to attend the interviews and nothing really came out of that in terms of an offer (of course it was a great experience and I don't regret trying) and I feel extremely bad about that...

I am sure that wherever you end up, you do extremely well, but I hope that is Cambridge! :tongue:

I know, I was like "excuse me?" but our high school counselors are not known for being the best lol..

Yeah, I was being sarcastic - it was definitely our most expensive application :rofl: I'm really sorry about that :frown: I understand because that will probably be the worst part of my rejection too. But I know that our parents are proud of the progress we've made no matter what, and it probably doesn't bother them as much as we think it does.

Thank you so much wolfie :redface: I hope so too (about Cambridge and my exams), but I'm happy in knowing that we (and everyone else here) will be successful wherever we end up!

I know, I was like "excuse me?" but our high school counselors are not known for being the best lol..

Yeah, I was being sarcastic - it was definitely our most expensive application :rofl: I'm really sorry about that :frown: I understand because that will probably be the worst part of my rejection too. But I know that our parents are proud of the progress we've made no matter what, and it probably doesn't bother them as much as we think it does.

Thank you so much wolfie :redface: I hope so too (about Cambridge and my exams), but I'm happy in knowing that we (and everyone else here) will be successful wherever we end up!

:rofl: tbh American counselors are not the best at UK applications :/

Agreed :tongue: (however since most of my applications are free so that is not saying much :wink:) Ik, my parents told me that no matter the result, they were already really happy that I got this far :smile: still feels bad though :frown:

:redface:, Agreed, we will all end up somewhere where we will all be (hopefully) happy and successful :smile:
good luck to all cambridge applicants today!! I'm sure you'll all do brilliantly in life regardless of the results, and just know that you've all tried your best! <3
Original post by tchaikovskyed
good luck to all cambridge applicants today!! I'm sure you'll all do brilliantly in life regardless of the results, and just know that you've all tried your best! <3

:tongue: :smile: what's your condition?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
:tongue: :smile: what's your condition?

Posted from TSR Mobile

sup wolfie! :smile: my conditions were 38 and 666 at HL
Reply 2454
I'm still awake!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are internationals for all colleges getting emails today? If not, does anyone know about Queens' in particular? I couldn't find much on their website and I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown yay.
Original post by tchaikovskyed
sup wolfie! :smile: my conditions were 38 and 666 at HL

That's really great, congratulations yet again! :smile: I hope that you make the offer! Gotta to the best of our abilities for the May exams! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Naeco
I'm still awake!!!!!!!!!!!!

Srsly? You ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by space2000
Are internationals for all colleges getting emails today? If not, does anyone know about Queens' in particular? I couldn't find much on their website and I'm on the verge of a mental breakdown yay.

Yea, we will hear back from Cambridge via email at some time today (12th). No specific time was mentioned.
9am in the UK is 5pm where I am... Wish I had the luxury of sleeping past the wait.