The Student Room Group

University Offers

I've applied for two undergraduate marketing courses at Strathclyde and was wondering if I could get conditions with the grades I got last year which were AABB even though the entry requirements are AAAB (SQA highers). Am I right in saying it is more or less impossible for me to get an unconditional offer? I'm just becoming a bit worried as a lot of my friends have received offers from Strathclyde already.

Thanks in advanced :smile:
Original post by jhnana
I've applied for two undergraduate marketing courses at Strathclyde and was wondering if I could get conditions with the grades I got last year which were AABB even though the entry requirements are AAAB (SQA highers). Am I right in saying it is more or less impossible for me to get an unconditional offer? I'm just becoming a bit worried as a lot of my friends have received offers from Strathclyde already.

Thanks in advanced :smile:

No, it is not impossible. It depends very much on competition and their assessment of your suitability based on your personal statement. I would say you have a good chance of an unconditional offer.
Reply 2
Original post by GandalfWhite
No, it is not impossible. It depends very much on competition and their assessment of your suitability based on your personal statement. I would say you have a good chance of an unconditional offer.

Wow, that's reassured me I guess. I thought I would have to meet the minimum entry requirements to even have a chance of getting an unconditional? If it wasn't and unconditional, what do you think the conditions would be like?

Thanks for your response :smile:
Original post by jhnana
Wow, that's reassured me I guess. I thought I would have to meet the minimum entry requirements to even have a chance of getting an unconditional? If it wasn't and unconditional, what do you think the conditions would be like?

Thanks for your response :smile:

Since you already have your results, the offer has to be either yes or no, and yes means unconditional. I don't know if it would help your case by contacting them directly to express your eagerness for the course and the university. Personally, I don't think there is any harm. Start with an email to the Admissions Officer or the Lecturer in charge of Admissions - check on website, these information are always provided. Nothing to lose and all to gain. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending