Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!! Where's the other thread?
Original post by ch2831
Thank you!! Where's the other thread?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3823629#primary_content

Forgot which page it is though
Subject: Mathematics and Computer Science
College: Sommerville (Open Offer)
Outcome: Conditional offer (39 for IB Diploma. 7-6-6 in HL Subject. 7 in Math HL)
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email at 9 AM (I wish it was the owl) :tongue:
How do you feel?: Was excited when I got the email not from my initial college (since it won't meant rejection). Now I felt much more motivated to get the score needed for me to get in :biggrin:
Original post by dfbenjamin
Hi I got an offer for Maths+Compsci

I had 10 A*s and 2 As at GCSE.

May I just ask (and this applies to all compsci applicants of any form) what was included in your compact interview? I'm applying next year so I was wondering what type of questions you get asked.
Original post by koruk11
Subject: PPL (Philosophy and Linguistics)
College: Brasenose
Outcome: Offer on condition of grade 5 in AP Japanese and AP Statistics
How did you find out: Email
How do you feel: my heart won't stop beating at an above average pace

If I might ask, what ap classes have you taken prior to the Japanese and Statistics? This is another hopeful applicant form the U.S. I'm hoping to get in in 2019.
If you don't mind me asking, what were your GCSE grades? :smile:
Reply 246
Original post by ch2831
Anyone from Merton? Lonely 😥😥

I have an offer from Merton, for law :smile:
Reply 247
subject: chemistry
college: Keble
outcome: Unconditional offer
feeling: Super excited to move to the UK
Original post by Roju
subject: chemistry
college: Keble
outcome: Unconditional offer
feeling: Super excited to move to the UK

I'm doing chemistry at Keble! What country do you live in?
Reply 249
Subject: Law
College: Merton
Outcome: Offer conditional on AAA at A level
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email at 10.45 GMT on the 11th
How do you feel?: Ecstatic.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 250
Original post by Livort
Subject: Law
Outcome: Offer conditional on AAA at A level
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email at 10.45 GMT on the 11th
How do you feel?: Ecstatic.

Hey can I PM you?
Subject: Biochemistry
College: University College
Outcome: Conditional (90% in the Indian ISC boards)
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Email
How do you feel?: Ecstatic!

I'm SUPER excited, but I'm also a little sad, because I may not be able to attend. The fees is too expensive, and there aren't many scholarships for Indian international students. It'll definitely sting if I become "that guy who had a chance to go to Oxford, but couldn't take it"
Original post by dfbenjamin
It's not good practice to share your exact interview questions but Oxford do have some example questions on their website (There is a page with questions from all different departments and also some more questions on the computer science website I believe) which were very similar in style to the questions I got asked.

Good luck for your application!

Oh no, gosh I wasn't looking for exact ones! Just the style so that's helpful, thank you!
Reply 253
Original post by ch2831
Hey can I PM you?

Sure, feel free :smile:
Subject: History and Politics
Outcome: Offer (Unconditional)
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): Woke up at 5:30 in the morning (US Central Time) and was greeted with an email
How do you feel?: Top of the world
Subject: Medicine
Outcome: rejection
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): email
How do you feel?: Like absolute crap tbh. I didn't even realize how much I'd built my identity around getting in to Oxford. It was the thing that made me push myself beyond my limits and the thing I daydreamed about when things got hard. I've never felt more at home anywhere and I've never wanted anything more. I worked so hard and in my opinion my application was competitive and I had a real chance of getting in but... Now it's all just suddenly blown apart.
Original post by StationToStation

How do you feel?: Like absolute crap tbh. I didn't even realize how much I'd built my identity around getting in to Oxford. It was the thing that made me push myself beyond my limits and the thing I daydreamed about when things got hard. I've never felt more at home anywhere and I've never wanted anything more. I worked so hard and in my opinion my application was competitive and I had a real chance of getting in but... Now it's all just suddenly blown apart.

Jesus Christ, you too? I feel this in my soul. A part of me knows that it's grades (how many applicants don't have GCSEs and only AABB at AS??) so luckily it's something I can work towards (getting A*A*A*A, as my predicted was A*A*AA and was still rejected). But still, it hurts a lot.

My mom says '**** em, **** em' and whilst I agree with her boldness/bravado, it's much harder when you know how hard you've worked and how far you've come.

I suppose the only condolences for us is that at least being rejected now we know that we weren't the most appropriate/best fit for the courses we applied to. And maybe we will be happier somewhere else, and more successful. Much better than being given an offer and not meeting it or dropping out (as a number do each year).

[I keep looking at the MSt requirements.......I should stop doing that]
College: Christ Church & LMH
Outcome: Acceptance @ Christ Church
Original post by StationToStation
Outcome: rejection
How did you find out? (Email/Letter/Owl): email

Original post by auburnstar
Jesus Christ, you too? I feel this in my soul. A part of me knows that it's grades (how many applicants don't have GCSEs and only AABB at AS??) so luckily it's something I can work towards (getting A*A*A*A, as my predicted was A*A*AA and was still rejected). But still, it hurts a lot.

My mom says '**** em, **** em' and whilst I agree with her boldness/bravado, it's much harder when you know how hard you've worked and how far you've come.

I suppose the only condolences for us is that at least being rejected now we know that we weren't the most appropriate/best fit for the courses we applied to. And maybe we will be happier somewhere else, and more successful. Much better than being given an offer and not meeting it or dropping out (as a number do each year).

[I keep looking at the MSt requirements.......I should stop doing that]

:console:
Subject: Classics
Outcome: Rejection
How did you find out?: Email yesterday
How do you feel? Like the world was no longer on sure footing. Oxford was the ultimate goal, and I'm not sure what to do with a rejection. And, when I tried to read soon after, the page felt like a wall, which has never happened to me and was honestly frightening. Things are a little better now, but the mood is still gloom.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending