The Student Room Group

Chemistry IAL Edexcel January 2017

How'd you find the exam, any questions or answers just discuss since there aren't many threads on this
why infrared breathalyzers do not use oh absorption to detect the amount of alcohol on the breath?
Reply 2
Original post by The Blazer
why infrared breathalyzers do not use oh absorption to detect the amount of alcohol on the breath?

Why do you think they don't?
Original post by alow
Why do you think they don't?

i dont know thats why i m asking
well the unit 1 paper i did yesterday was the most ****ed up chemistry paper ive ever seen in my life. It was basically a C34 paper (bloody hate C34) featuring some A2 questions. IT'S AN AS UNIT 1 BUT IT HAD CYCLOHEXANES AND LOGS!!! Wtf is logs doing in a chemistry exam?! the whole thing was maths basically. Calculating percentages, and power, and logssss uugggghhhh
Reply 5
Original post by TheMaskedLady
well the unit 1 paper i did yesterday was the most ****ed up chemistry paper ive ever seen in my life. It was basically a C34 paper (bloody hate C34) featuring some A2 questions. IT'S AN AS UNIT 1 BUT IT HAD CYCLOHEXANES AND LOGS!!! Wtf is logs doing in a chemistry exam?! the whole thing was maths basically. Calculating percentages, and power, and logssss uugggghhhh

Wow, seriously? But what was the purpose of LOGS in a chemistry paper?:hmmmm:
Original post by Reshyna
Wow, seriously? But what was the purpose of LOGS in a chemistry paper?:hmmmm:

it was a graph of the ionisation energies of potassium and you had to use the logs to calculate the actual ionisation energy value and also explain why they used logs in the graph rather than the actual values????

because they want to f*ck us up that's why
Reply 7
it was a graph of the ionisation energies of potassium and you had to use the logs to calculate the actual ionisation energy value and also explain why they used logs in the graph rather than the actual values????

Oh god! I was lucky I didn't write the exam :colondollar:. I hate calculating ionisation energies and stuff especially calculating from graphs :afraid:
whats the answer for that mcq . how many isomers does c3h5cl have ? whats enthalpy change of c-c bond ?
Reply 9
It wa pretty hard, I've solved all unit 1 past papers from previous years, but this was was completely different. It's stricture and thyme of questions. A lot for igcse material that I don't remembered that well. Questions were confusing and you couldn't really understand what it asks for. I don't know about others. But for me and while my classmates who are doing chem it was hard. I think they've changed it as thy did with physics last year

Next exercise on the same page, idk we didn't learn the formula I calculated It with simultaneous question.
i hae organic chemistry cause i lose marks in this part
Reply 12
Original post by katenell
i hae organic chemistry cause i lose marks in this part

Practice more then.
Reply 13
Anyone did the unit 2 paper?
Need help guys. How to do this question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest