The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My god why did I chat so much pure brown in my interview I want to cry right now
To all fellow parents (lurking or otherwise)... a very special 'good luck' to you all (and, of course, your offspring)... see you on the other side
Original post by wolfmoon88
I'll go post in the 2018 Cambridge applicants page soon xD Maybe I will too :tongue:

This is your last deadline right? :tongue:

I'll be better tonight :smile: Hahaha I lived through the practice, the real one is on Tuesday! :tongue: Definitely watching that movie.

Listening to Yesterday Once More now, nostalgia :tongue:

Yay! :smile: and yeah, it is my last deadline. Good luck for Tuesday man :frown:

The Carpenters :redface: their music does make me nostalgic

Original post by wolfmoon88
Hi guys,

I've seen a lot of people posting paragraphs so I would just like to add my own.

For those who haven't read my posts anymore, I am resident "Other Place" applicant on this thread :tongue: and by now most of ya'll know what happened with my decision day yesterday. Good luck everyone! I sincerely hope that all of you on this thread do not receive the same result that I did. All of you on this thread are extremely bright and talented and I believe that all those who got interviews are worthy of a place in Cambridge.

Remember that you got an interview at one of the top institutions in the world, that in itself is a great achievement. If you the unforeseen happens and you receive a rejection, remember that it is not a reflection on you as a person, you are not a failed person if you do not get into Cambridge. You still have to wake up every morning, get out of bed, go through all the motions, because you are still here, life goes on, and although there may be many twists and turns in life, life is beautiful. Cherish your experiences! :smile:

I will not pretend and say that it will be ok, because for a while it won't be. In fact, I am not sure that I am fine myself right now. But next year when you are at another institution, you'll be too busy to think about this day :tongue: it is definitely not the end of the world! I am sure you all will go on to do amazing things!

To all those who have pool interviews, (I only remember @SteamboatMickey and @Gold-Confetti I think) Good luck! We are all rooting for you.

Special thanks to @jneill and @vincrows (when she shows up :tongue:) for helping the applicants throughout the process.

For all those who are looking to reapply maybe I'll see ya'll in the 2018 applicant thread :wink: who knows!

Sincerely,

wolfmoon88

PRSOM :redface:

Took an hour nap, looks like I woke up just in time!
Original post by vincrows
Thank you and it's been great having you here and was able to chat with you again yesterday.

Good luck with your other application, and if you really decide to reapply, I'd wholeheartedly welcome you to the light (Read: better) side. You're definitely too good for them! :biggrin:

Thank you, glad to see you back here again :smile:

:rofl: :tongue:
Good luck everyone! I'll be getting a letter and also working until 3 so I've made my parents swear they won't open it without me...We've all done amazing to get this far and if it's a rejection then you just keep. on. going. it'll be fine!
Why am I not surprised you came in, again, to accuse me for returning! :tongue:

Happy new year to you too!

Just popped in yesterday to wish them good luck, but from the way thread is flying at the speed of light, thought some extra hands of help may useful..... :wink:

Hahaha :tongue:
Very nice of you :wink: I'm not going to be helping today as I'm going to be keeping my irl friend sane!
I don't think he was suggesting boiled wine.......

Maybe you should read more spy novels......:tongue:

something more steamy?
Good luck everyone !! :goodluck:
Original post by jneill
Offer? Or just a general feeling of wellbeing? :smile:

I'm not checking until this evening. I just love the excitement, that James Brown song and dancing bananas.
I got the email :eek: haven't opened it and I went from as chill as a monk to my heart is about to explode
I have Dolly Parton stuck in my head just sayin'
Original post by wonderland2
something more steamy?

Yeah.....:wink:
And you should erase all the evidence of your steamy activity afterwards. :tongue:
Original post by rissanicole14
I got the email :eek: haven't opened it and I went from as chill as a monk to my heart is about to explode

Play it cool.

And then open it.

Good luck...
Reply 2633
rejected :frown:

Woah that's quick!!

Omg good luck and I hope it says exactly what you want it to!!
Original post by SteamboatMickey

What song? :tongue:

OMG Excited :smile:
Original post by SteamboatMickey

9 to 5
The game is ON
Original post by pclhy
rejected :frown:

Awww. :frown:

Sorry.

Latest

Trending

Trending