The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I'm applying too!
Yay! How's your application process going? I am planning to submit my application a week before Christmas.
Reply 3
Original post by immunologynerd
Yay! How's your application process going? I am planning to submit my application a week before Christmas.

I am just finalising my personal statement and cleaning up my CV, hopefully sending it away next week. :smile:
Are you at uni still or have you already completed your BSc? I am still studying for mine in Biomedical Science.
Great :smile: I am just now finishing my BSc degree in Nutrition. Are you doing your BSc in the UK? I am from the Scandinavia.

Original post by Thomas96
I am just finalising my personal statement and cleaning up my CV, hopefully sending it away next week. :smile:
Are you at uni still or have you already completed your BSc? I am still studying for mine in Biomedical Science.
Reply 5
Yeah I'm from the North of England. Oh wow, where in Scandavia ?
Nice! I am from Finland. I am a bit concerned whether my grades are high enough, as we get grades on the scale of 1-5 (not 1-4 like in US) but hopefully it'll be fine! Do you have a backup plan, are you applying somewhere else too? Oh and will you express a college preference in your application?

Yeah I'm from the North of England. Oh wow, where in Scandavia ?
Reply 7
Nice! I am from Finland. I am a bit concerned whether my grades are high enough, as we get grades on the scale of 1-5 (not 1-4 like in US) but hopefully it'll be fine! Do you have a backup plan, are you applying somewhere else too? Oh and will you express a college preference in your application?

I am also applying to the MSc Immunology and Immunotherapy course at the University of Birmingham so hopefully I'll get into one of these! Fingers crossed!!
I don't think I am going to express a college preference.
Ok great, I am also applying to Imperial College (Immunology), but definitely would prefer Oxford.

I am also applying to the MSc Immunology and Immunotherapy course at the University of Birmingham so hopefully I'll get into one of these! Fingers crossed!!
I don't think I am going to express a college preference.
Reply 9
Sent off my application today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sent off my application today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent my application three weeks ago. Have you heard anything? How exciting! I wonder how soon they will contact us if we have been short listed for interviews.
I sent my application three weeks ago. Have you heard anything? How exciting! I wonder how soon they will contact us if we have been short listed for interviews.

It says on the website interviews are normally given out within 6 weeks of the deadline. I haven't heard anything yet though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It says on the website interviews are normally given out within 6 weeks of the deadline. I haven't heard anything yet though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, but I'm wondering how soon they will send emails about the interviews. Anytime now, I guess!
Yep, but I'm wondering how soon they will send emails about the interviews. Anytime now, I guess!

Yeah! I'm a strong mix of excitement and nerves! ahaha
Yeah! I'm a strong mix of excitement and nerves! ahaha

Same same! Would be so happy to know what is "basic immunology" - I mean is it more like explain what are macrophages or explain how TNF-alpha is regulated.. regarding the interview I mean 😁
Same same! Would be so happy to know what is "basic immunology" - I mean is it more like explain what are macrophages or explain how TNF-alpha is regulated.. regarding the interview I mean 😁

Yeah I know what you mean. Like how basic is 'basic'? I wonder if there is a previous thread from last year or the year before? They might have some questions on. I'll have to have a look.
Yeah I know what you mean. Like how basic is 'basic'? I wonder if there is a previous thread from last year or the year before? They might have some questions on. I'll have to have a look.

I've tried to look for something like that, but haven't found anything about the actual questions.. Let me know if you find something!
I've tried to look for something like that, but haven't found anything about the actual questions.. Let me know if you find something!

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2579422#primary_content

I found some information in that thread! :smile:

Oh awesome! I kinda feel relieved but at the same time more terrified haha.. Did you mention some special interests in the field? I mentioned several and now I don't know if it was a good thing ha!
Yeah I mentioned quite a few too, I had better get reading ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending