The Student Room Group

All of my previous schools are listed as secondary education/FE/HE on Track???

I don't remember if I could pick what kind of schools they were. Should I contact UCAS to change it?

I'm an EU student and I will get qualifications from only one school (which I'm attending now). So that part is correct. But two of my primary schools are listed as secondary schools.

Edit: Plus, UCAS wrote in they automated email that they will process the application in the next 48 hours, and after that I can login to Track. Well, I could login 5 minutes after I sent it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Akalamago
I don't remember if I could pick what kind of schools they were. Should I contact UCAS to change it?

I'm an EU student and I will get qualifications from only one school (which I'm attending now). So that part is correct. But two of my primary schools are listed as secondary schools.

Edit: Plus, UCAS wrote in they automated email that they will process the application in the next 48 hours, and after that I can login to Track. Well, I could login 5 minutes after I sent it.

UCAS apply only asks you to provide secondary (and later FE/HE) education.

If you entered primary schools then don't worry - they weren't required but it isn't going to affect your application in any way.

UCAS emails say 48 hours around the deadline to give themselves some leeway. They're usually much quicker as you've found.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
UCAS apply only asks you to provide secondary (and later FE/HE) education.

If you entered primary schools then don't worry - they weren't required but it isn't going to affect your application in any way.

UCAS emails say 48 hours around the deadline to give themselves some leeway. They're usually much quicker as you've found.

So it's not a problem then that two out of four schools are primary schools but they are listed as secondary schools (admission won't know that they are primary schools because they don't understand the name of the schools).
So it's not a problem then that two out of four schools are primary schools but they are listed as secondary schools (admission won't know that they are primary schools because they don't understand the name of the schools).

They'll be able to tell from the dates you entered that you were primary school age when you went there.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
They'll be able to tell from the dates you entered that you were primary school age when you went there.

Okay then, thanks for the reply. Also, I will have to take the IELTS exam, but I didn't wrote it to the qualification section. Is that a problem (I should have wrote it in and mark it as pending, right)?
Okay then, thanks for the reply. Also, I will have to take the IELTS exam, but I didn't wrote it to the qualification section. Is that a problem (I should have wrote it in and mark it as pending, right)?

Ideally yes - email all of your universities directly and let them know when and where you're planning to take the IELTS.
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Ideally yes - email all of your universities directly and let them know when and where you're planning to take the IELTS.

So I have to email the admission team and tell them I will do it until July in Budapest (where I live)? Should I tell them my UCAS ID or do they know me by my name?
So I have to email the admission team and tell them I will do it until July in Budapest (where I live)? Should I tell them my UCAS ID or do they know me by my name?

Tell them your UCAS ID, your name and the course you've applied to.

Explain that you didn't list IELTS in your UCAS application but will be taking it in Budapest in July (are you confident you'll get the right marks in July? if not it would be worthwhile entering in June so that you have time to retake if you don't pass - test centres tend to be very full and booked up in August/September).
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
Tell them your UCAS ID, your name and the course you've applied to.

Explain that you didn't list IELTS in your UCAS application but will be taking it in Budapest in July (are you confident you'll get the right marks in July? if not it would be worthwhile entering in June so that you have time to retake if you don't pass - test centres tend to be very full and booked up in August/September).

Thank you. I'll write August then but I'll try it first in March anyway. And will I have to send them the result by email when I'll get it, or can they update my application page so I can upload it there?
Thank you. I'll write August then but I'll try it first in March anyway. And will I have to send them the result by email when I'll get it, or can they update my application page so I can upload it there?

When you're entered to the exam/get your results you should get details that you can send to universities so they can see your results online.

Once you've met their requirement send those details to your universities.
Reply 10
Original post by PQ
When you're entered to the exam/get your results you should get details that you can send to universities so they can see your results online.

Once you've met their requirement send those details to your universities.

Are you sure I have to email the universities and not UCAS? I guess they could change it too (if not I'll email the unis of course).
Are you sure I have to email the universities and not UCAS? I guess they could change it too (if not I'll email the unis of course).

It's better to email universities about ielts.
Reply 12
Original post by PQ
It's better to email universities about ielts.

I read that you don't even have to mention IELTS in the UCAS application, they just give the requirements in the offers, and I just have to send them the result when I do it. So, what should I do?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1144835
It was in this thread.

Sorry for the lot of questions, but I'm really worried about this.
I read that you don't even have to mention IELTS in the UCAS application, they just give the requirements in the offers, and I just have to send them the result when I do it. So, what should I do?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1144835
It was in this thread.

Sorry for the lot of questions, but I'm really worried about this.

Since 2010 (when that thread was made) the rules around IELTS has been tightened up.

You need to let your universities know that you intend to sit IELTS and send them the details when you get the results.
Reply 14
Original post by PQ
Since 2010 (when that thread was made) the rules around IELTS has been tightened up.

You need to let your universities know that you intend to sit IELTS and send them the details when you get the results.

Do you think this would set me back in any way with getting an offer or anything? I'm going to send the emails to them tonight.

Edit: one of the unis sent (in their email confirming they got the application) another "application reference number". Should I write this in the email or the UCAS personal ID? Or both just to be sure? And what about the unis which didn't reply? What if they have an other ID (not the UCAS one) and I don't know about it and I send my email like that.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending