The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got an HSPS offer, Thank God YAYYYY. But is it just for me that the fees are £24,708(intl)... I applied with the impression that it was ~£17,000 as stated on the website...
Original post by fablereader
As someone who applied to Oxford (and failed), I feel I must say that I'm doing fine without Cambridge. :biggrin:

(Though I must say, Cambridge is still a very good place, and life would be worse off without it. :smile: )

The average Oxbridge student is fairly average. If you didn't get in...
Reply 3082
Has anyone heard anything from John's yet??
Original post by Student1256
rejected

Sorry to hear. :console:
Original post by Polsci
Has anyone heard anything from John's yet??

Nooooooo I'm waiting and it's killing me
Reply 3085
Original post by jaz.deans
Nooooooo I'm waiting and it's killing me

My inbox has been permanently open in a tab for 3 hours now... best of luck!!
Original post by Student1256
rejected

:frown: :frown: sorry to hear that
Original post by elanor44
They're one of two colleges only sending letters and no emails, so it will depend on when your post gets to you I guess! Good luck x

No there's quite a few colleges not emailing UK candidates.
Original post by boombayah
I got an HSPS offer, Thank God YAYYYY. But is it just for me that the fees are £24,708(intl)... I applied with the impression that it was ~£17,000 as stated on the website...

WHich website?
The international fees has never been that low for many years....
Original post by Polsci
My inbox has been permanently open in a tab for 3 hours now... best of luck!!

You too!!!
International applicant here ): still havent gotten any email...
Rejected by Girton for HSPS. Gutted,but not shocked
Original post by Elspethhh
Rejected by Girton for HSPS. Gutted,but not shocked

Sorry to hear. :frown:
Course: Education
Result: Rejected, I really thought I had this one in the bag. I got asked a question about teaching a retarded kid and really answered to the best of my ability. I guess I'm the retarded one. :frown:
Original post by RotomGuy
Robinson? More like Robinslow amirite

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Original post by Naeco
Is there a higher chances of being accepted from medicine if you take a gap year with full A-level qualifications or is this just a myth?

Re-applicants generally have a higher success rate. I expect that's the same for medics too.

BUT if you have medicine offers elsewhere I'd strongly recommend taking them. Medicine is soooo competitive it's hard to get offers anywhere, and your med school doesn't make any real difference to your medicial career.
Original post by Obiejess
DIRECT OFFER FROM TIT HALL!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you apply to law at trinity hall?? I received a law offer this morning :-)
Original post by vincrows
WHich website?
The international fees has never been that low for many years....

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students/fees

It's a group 1 subject, listed as £16,608.
Right, time to delurk from this! Got an A*A*A offer from King's for history today, and I know I haven't taken the plunge and posted in this thread (not brave enough:tongue:) but I've been avidly following all 3 incarnations and I just wanted to say thank you so much (and congrats/commiserations as the case may be) to everyone here - sometimes it has felt like Cambridge has been pushing with all its strength to stop me getting in, and it's really helped me knowing that there are other people going through this stressful process:smile:

PS especially if you've been rejected today, don't give up!! See this as a practice run and learn from it - everyone in this thread is so capable of achieving the dream, even if it's not going to be in the year you planned for it to be in:smile:
Original post by RotomGuy
Any Robinsons emails yet?

Don't know about Robinson Emails as guys are at 6th form but no postie yet. He's definitely on that cross-country run just hope he doesn't decide to have lunch before doing his delivery or worse still deliver tomorrow and no email!

Latest

Trending

Trending