The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Post came but nothing from Cambridge.. Looks like I'll be finding out through Track.
Compulsively refreshing email... nothing from Caius...... patience... patience.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liziepie
Mine just drove off as well. Guess we have another day of agony to endure

What the hell? that's so annoying, are you not gonna get an email soon?
Original post by jneill
John's are emailing AND sending a letter.

Patience...

But I've already got the mail and there's no letter?
Reply 3185
Original post by ngaribli
Compulsively refreshing email... nothing from Caius...... patience... patience.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Caius are only sending letters! (Unless you are international)
Original post by jpxw
Caius are only sending letters! (Unless you are international)

Yeah I'm international :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by l_williams
Congratulations!! Postman came this morning but nothing XD

Thank you so much! Ah damn, good luck for tomorrow - I really hope you hear some good news :smile:

Original post by fablereader
Congratulations! Hope you haven't scared the mailman with that screaming. :laugh:

Thank you! I think I scared him off beforehand when I just stood by the upstairs window watching him deliver the post at the other houses before mine like a morbid stalker. Ah... I'm going to make such a reassuring doctor

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same omg
Reply 3189

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay. I'm waiting to hear from Caius too. Good luck!
Got a offer for economics 🎉🎉
Original post by jneill
John's are emailing AND sending a letter.

Patience...

Didn't anybody (John's applicant) say they're only sending emails, no letter, this year?
I was surprised to hear that, so I remember asking op if they were sure. They said it was stated on their website...
Rejected

was inevitable.

Looking back on it, to come this far, I'm pretty chuffed.

If you said three years ago to me that I would have had an interview at Cambridge, I would've laughed in your face and told you to do one.

But since mid-Y11 I've been motivated by this wonderful place, while I didn't succeed as hoped at GCSE - at A-level I have. Even though I've been rejected, I'm still going to a great uni.

Thank you to @jneill @Peterhouse Admissions @Murray Edwards Admissions and everyone else here.

I've aimed for the moon and landed among the stars...
Original post by Buymoria
Got a offer for economics 🎉🎉

Well done!! At Emmanuel? How did you hear?
Original post by carpenoctem
asdfghjkl I got a thick envelope

Spoiler

Massive congrats :smile:)) Join the offer holders page on Facebook
The fact that no St John's applicant has received a letter indicates they just send emails (or second class post).
Just a note for anyone waiting for emails:

check your spam and junk mail folders - uni email systems are frequently blacklisted by email providers (especially google/yahoo) - particularly when they're sending out a lot of emails....like today.
Original post by amelia3546
My post has come and I had nothing from John's so how do you know they are also sending a letter? Are letters only to offer holders?

Last year they posted letters to everyone. They also emailed non-UK candidates. This year apparently they are emailing everyone (but I haven't actually seen this confirmed).

No letter just means you haven't received it yet.
Original post by TheOverHoper
I'm waiting from Queens for maths and I've just asked the same question!! I'm in school and I'm so nervous I'm not sure I can even go to my Further Maths lesson later!

Yes I'm in school as well! I have rehearsals after school as well so I won't get home until 6! I can't handle the suspense!
Rejected for law from Downing got pooled but nobody picked me so...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending