The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamestg
Rejected

was inevitable.

Looking back on it, to come this far, I'm pretty chuffed.

If you said three years ago to me that I would have had an interview at Cambridge, I would've laughed in your face and told you to do one.

But since mid-Y11 I've been motivated by this wonderful place, while I didn't succeed as hoped at GCSE - at A-level I have. Even though I've been rejected, I'm still going to a great uni.

Thank you to @jneill @Peterhouse Admissions @Murray Edwards Admissions and everyone else here.

I've aimed for the moon and landed among the stars...

Sorry to hear about the rejection, but among the stars you certainly are now. I wish you the best of luck.
Original post by Andrea7187
Rejected for law from Downing got pooled but nobody picked me so...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear. :frown:
Original post by jenoverboard
Rejected from CompSci at Jesus. Definitely not surprised, just slightly disappointed. Huge congrats to everyone receiving offers!! Edinburgh here I come :tongue:

Sorry to hear about your rejection, but it seems like you've got another one in mind.
Original post by RotomGuy
St John's to Trinity? Quite the upgrade!

HAHA I DEFINITELY DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!!! I nearly fell off my chair when I read the email.
Original post by blue2337
Offer from Newnham!!!!!!!! I was pooled by Clare for Linguistics and obviously got fished out!!!!!!!! I'm over the moon... but does anyone knowant what Newnham's like...?

Congrats!
Original post by k.russell
@vincrows @jneill @Reality Check @Peterhouse Admissions @Murray Edwards Admissions
Thanks to you guys for encouraging & informing me throughout the application process, was especially nice since I'm not at school anymore so don't have any teachers for help.
Also everyone who posted in this thread it's been great :smile:

It was my privilege to be able to share a tiny part of your journey. Good luck with your eve brighter future. :smile:
It's not going to be an easy ride, but it's worth it!
Original post by jneill
Two applicants in the same household?

#GetsPopcorn

(A pair of sisters were accepted to Christ's last year - and their triplet sister went to The Other Place...)

Not related - friends - doing a favour by supporting an international student through A levels at UK school.
Rejection :frown:

Expected it but still hurts
Original post by sirious
Offer from Selwyn for history :smile:

Congratulations! :smile:
Original post by daniilS
Well you could've been pooled to Oxford instead :wink:

HAHA yep! Not any more surprising than being pooled to Trinity
Original post by rosedam
There is definitely as misconception that people at mature colleges are actual 'mature' adults. I'm at Lucy Cavendish, and I'd say that at least 90 % of people are early to mid-20's when they start. Plenty of them, myself included, just turned 21 when they start. Hughes Hall is great, has a vibrant social life and is located right next to Mill Road, so you'll get to go see normal people, which is something I sometimes miss.

Thanks so much! I'm really excited now!! xx
Engineering at John's offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by lordcavendish
Daughter pooled and fished by Newham for medicine

Give her my congratulations!
Original post by OutThere!
Not related - friends - doing a favour by supporting an international student through A levels at UK school.

Ah! very good!

But still #GetsPopcorn :smile:
Original post by Likelyreject

Should change you username. :tongue:
Congrats!
Original post by tearbender
Offer from Trinity for Linguistics!!! I initially applied to St John's but got pooled xD

I guess we'll probably be living together for 3 years.
Original post by Likelyreject

Change your username !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tearbender
HAHA yep! Not any more surprising than being pooled to Trinity

Dude Trinity takes like five people from the pool each year in total they must have really liked you!!!
Do Fitzwilliam send emails?
Original post by Luna1602
I was pooled to Homerton but noone has communicated what my offer grades have to be - is it ok to email them do you think ? I have post from Kings but not from Homerton 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats about the offer! I've seen elsewhere on this thread that apparently you'll get more info later.

Latest

Trending

Trending