The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by catnuscanunot
Got a conditional for MML German and Russian at Queens!

Congrats! :smile:
Original post by fablereader
Not again! I did the same thing in the Oxford one, and got to numero uno. :laugh:

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick shows how dead their thread is :rofl:
Original post by k.russell
the real MVP @fablereader

:laugh: Hardly.
Original post by Xiuchen
I don't think they put much weight on NSAA from what I've heard :'( and my estimate might be extremely inaccurate lol. I'll find out when Caius update me on UCAS I guess, they don't send emails (I live in UK), and I'm boarding at school while my parents are in Germany, either UCAS or when I go home in 2 weeks time, long wait haha.

Wow! I think you would probably be alright to phone the college tomorrow, (@jneill ?) the wait would drive me crazy..
Can someone post link to offer holders forum

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Didn't think that the rejection would affect me as much as it has

I'm with you. I was really depressed by my rejection from Oxford. For some time I actually couldn't read, physically so, the page was like a wall. For someone who loves books, that's scary. And my future is completely in question ...
Original post by daniilS
Dude Trinity takes like five people from the pool each year in total they must have really liked you!!!

awww XD You're way too kind!!! AND CONGRATS TO YOU TOO!!!
Original post by boombayah

BLACK PINK IN YOUR AREA...

Congrats on your offer!!!!! :smile:))))))
Original post by k.russell
Whilst this is true my heart deffo skipped a beat when I picked up my letter because there was more than just the letter in there (it was a folded 4 page terms of admissions thing) and I thought straight away that might be a good sign. This was for Girton tho and I'm sure not all colleges do it the same

thats right. It used to be easier in old days.....:tongue:
Now you really have to ope the envelope to be sure.
Original post by thewinelake
DD has offer for Architecture at Christ's A*AA - the A* being in Art, Maths or Physics.

Yay! Christ's parents ftw : :five:
Original post by tearbender
awww XD You're way too kind!!! AND CONGRATS TO YOU TOO!!!

Thank you!

It's true tho:tongue:
Guess who stole the honour of last post on the Oxford thread...:u:

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 14.31.08.png
Original post by daniilS
Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick shows how dead their thread is :rofl:

Don't laugh, we just got to page 2. Guess who got first post ... :biggrin:
Original post by OutThere!
Ok going off to watch a film to wait for 5pm!!!! NO kettles!

Enjoy the film! :smile:
Original post by Forecast
Applied to Queens'. Had a very similar grade profile in both years (4 As with over 90% in most modules), but I get the impression that UMS/paper application is of less importance in CompSci because each college admits far fewer students compared to NatSci and over 50% of the applicants don't have AS-levels. I performed poorly in the CSAT, had one ok/good interview and one poor interview. I was pooled (probably auto-pool since my UMS average was over 93%) but not fished.

Have any advice for me? I have the exact same subjects and aiming for the exact same grades you have right now. Other than a levels what advice would you give? How did you do in your interviews this year? Which college did you apply to this year?
what is going on at caius ):
Original post by carpenoctem
Guess who stole the honour of last post on the Oxford thread...:u:

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 14.31.08.png

We'll get you for it. :biggrin: :colone:
Original post by jneill
Yay! Christ's parents ftw : :five:

Jniel. Can you plz send link for offer holders

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daniilS
Let's all just take a moment to appreciate how @fablereader has personally replied to pretty much every single offer/rejection out there

That's what leadership looks like folks. Oxford thread top poster is Oxford's loss.

@fablereader are you re-applying (perhaps light blue this time?)
Original post by gingerrazzle
what is going on at caius ):

Don't worry, Robinson are keeping their applicants in the dark too. It hurts!

Latest

Trending

Trending