The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fablereader
Don't laugh, we just got to page 2. Guess who got first post ... :biggrin:

Ohh, alright that could explain it then haha
lol part 2
Reply 3501
Got a conditional offer for Law. 2018 entry from Wolfson?? Guess I was pooled.

It sounds ridiculous, but I'm absolutely gutted
Original post by jneill
That's what leadership looks like folks. Oxford thread top poster is Oxford's loss.

@fablereader are you re-applying (perhaps light blue this time?)

I'm considering. It depends how much I like the other unis I'm applying to, still have yet to visit most of them ...
(edited 7 years ago)
I can't believe I got an offer with SUMS of 85.4%.. I swear that's very very low to get an offer?
Original post by gingerrazzle
what is going on at caius ):

I feel you pain, I can't focus cause I'm refreshing and there's just nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CutieTootsie
Just got rejected via post from Jesus College for Medicine.
I was pooled, but not fished.

Just goes to show that reinterviewees really shouldn't complain because they've been given a second chance!

After today, I will not be returning back to this thread lol

Ah. Sorry to hear that, I was really rooting for you. You're going to make a great Doctor, regardless of uni.
Original post by k.russell
Wow! I think you would probably be alright to phone the college tomorrow, (@jneill ?) the wait would drive me crazy..

Tomorrow perhaps, but not today. And they won't give decision details over the phone anyway.
Original post by fablereader
Sorry to hear. :frown:

Thanks, I'll deal with it somehow, at the moment it just sucks :/
Original post by daniilS
Ohh, alright that could explain it then haha
lol part 2

For us it's a milestone. I think we'll take it while y'all stretch yourselves. :biggrin:
Original post by Viria

Wow I would say congratulations! Are you gutted about the college or the entry date? Wolfson is lovely I really liked it there
Original post by Viria

Well, at least you got an offer ... apparently, most students in Oxford like there colleges regardless if they were pooled, so you may end up liking Wolfson. Still, though, I would have felt a little upset if I was pooled to a college I'd rather not have gone too (though right now I'd be glad for anything).
Original post by Viria

Wolfson is awesome. You'll have a blast.
Original post by georgia221
Hey guys, have been lurking on this thread for a while but was too shy to post! Just got an offer from Hughes Hall (fished from the pool) to do English - which I'm really happy about!! But worried as it's a mature college if there'll be anyone else my age? (I'm turning 21 in September) If anyone knows much about the college any info will be appreciated!
Thanks ! <3 <3

I'll be 21 at Hughes Hall for Economics :smile:
Original post by carpenoctem
Guess who stole the honour of last post on the Oxford thread...:u:

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 14.31.08.png

Meet me at the gas station tomorrow at dawn. I'll be the one swinging the frying pan around.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andrea7187
Thanks, I'll deal with it somehow, at the moment it just sucks :/

I know. Still going through the stages of grief myself.
I can't believe I got an offer with SUMS of 85.4%.. I swear that's very very low to get an offer?

Just goes to show that Cambridge isn't about UMS averages after all, eh!?

:smile:

Good proof they look at every applicant holistically and fairly. :wink:
Original post by Student1256
Have any advice for me? I have the exact same subjects and aiming for the exact same grades you have right now. Other than a levels what advice would you give? How did you do in your interviews this year? Which college did you apply to this year?

I applied to Christ's this year. I thought that the interviews were a lot better this year - my first interview was average, but the second one seemed to go very well indeed. I would advise you to prepare thoroughly for the NSAA - if they keep the same format for 2018 entry, then past BMAT (Section 2) papers will help a lot for the first section. The material is only GCSE, so the key thing is to practice doing questions in timed conditions. The second, more in depth section can be prepared for by looking at C3L6 or "Physics Challenge" type papers, although the actual section 2 questions didn't seem as long or as difficult as these. I have a feeling that I performed significantly above average in the NSAA, judging by other people's reactions to the test, although we have no idea how much it was taken into account this year.
Original post by tchaikovskyed
Meet me at the gas station tomorrow at dawn. I'll be the one swinging the frying pan around.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not going there ... revenge is a quiet and subtle art, and best served cold. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending