The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rissanicole14
Thank you! :hugs: I will be lurking the 2018 thread for sure :smile:

I can only hope the universe has a different Cambridge in mind for me...(maybe one in Massachusetts :wink:)

Ahaha nice! What other unis are you applying to?
anyone still waiting for magdalene?
Original post by Infested
I'll be 21 at Hughes Hall for Economics :smile:

I got pooled to Hughes Hall and St Edmund's for reinterview so hopefully maybe I will join you! I'll be 22 :h:
Reply 3523
Original post by fablereader
Well, at least you got an offer ... apparently, most students in Oxford like there colleges regardless if they were pooled, so you may end up liking Wolfson. Still, though, I would have felt a little upset if I was pooled to a college I'd rather not have gone too (though right now I'd be glad for anything).

Thanks! It's Wolfson, Cambridge, but yeah. That's true; at least it's something. I just fell in love with Downing, is all
Reply 3524
Original post by jneill
Wolfson is awesome. You'll have a blast.

Thanks! Here's hoping. Though I can't say I'm much of a fan of the newer colleges, in general
Rejection for Medicine at John's..gutted to say the least

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was pooled but got an offer from Churchill!
Original post by mehokay
Haha, I'm sure it's not an error. Congrats! What subject did you apply for?

BioNatSci
I GOT AN OFFER!!!
Caius forASNC! I cried lmao
Original post by frenchfried
...Stella- is that you? :biggrin: I'm Zoe from the AMES chat ^^

Yeah it is, congrats on your offer! I have my envelope right here and I'm terrified haha! :eek:
Original post by jneill
Just goes to show that Cambridge isn't about UMS averages after all, eh!?

:smile:

Original post by vincrows
Good proof they look at every applicant holistically and fairly. :wink:

Yeah I suppose it does/is. 6 s.ds below the unsuccessful applicant mean still feels like a miracle tho, guess the POLAR3 flag sorted me out lol
Has anyone heard anything from Emmanuel for history? Still waiting
Well my reinterviews seemed to go better this time in my opinion. My subject interview felt perfect (probs wasn't lol 🙄) but I really enjoyed it, many times more than my original interviews. General one was pretty good too. The interviewers said I'll probably hear on Monday. They would've loved to tell me earlier apparently but aren't allowed to *make* the decision until Saturday officially. I don't know if the good vibes at the end was something they do for all their candidates or not though so I'll not read too much into that haha!

I totally fell in love with Selwyn overnight. It's so beautiful. Everyone is so friendly and it was very homely. I wish I'd applied there in the first place. 😊 I'm going to take me getting pooled as an intervention of fate. I really think that if I get in I'll enjoy it more there than I would've at Downing. I know that legit everyone says that when they're pooled but I mean it! I'm just praying that they take me 🙈😬

Congratulations to everyone who got an offer today! You guys deserve it! To everyone who was rejected, just try your best to grow from the experience, there are some fantastic universities out there that will gladly snap you up! 😊🎉
Original post by Steliata
Yeah it is, congrats on your offer! I have my envelope right here and I'm terrified haha! :eek:

There's an Ames chat? Never knew enough people did it to make a chat!! I would ask for an invite but it could be rejection for me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fablereader
I know. Still going through the stages of grief myself.

As a fellow reject I wish you the best of luck with all your other choices :smile:
Original post by sfgbenbd
anyone still waiting for magdalene?

Yeah same, still haven't heard anything back
Original post by joleelai
Rejection for Medicine at John's..gutted to say the least

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear. :frown:
Original post by Samiksi
I was pooled but got an offer from Churchill!

You've gotten in! Congrats! :smile:
Original post by Forecast
I applied to Christ's this year. I thought that the interviews were a lot better this year - my first interview was average, but the second one seemed to go very well indeed. I would advise you to prepare thoroughly for the NSAA - if they keep the same format for 2018 entry, then past BMAT (Section 2) papers will help a lot for the first section. The material is only GCSE, so the key thing is to practice doing questions in timed conditions. The second, more in depth section can be prepared for by looking at C3L6 or "Physics Challenge" type papers, although the actual section 2 questions didn't seem as long or as difficult as these. I have a feeling that I performed significantly above average in the NSAA, judging by other people's reactions to the test, although we have no idea how much it was taken into account this year.

Thank you I appreciate the help a lot. Okay but isn't bmat about medicine and stuff? I wanted to prepare for NSAA but I just couldn't find any resources for it. Yeah I guess bmat is a good option as it's an admissions test made by the same board. How much time did you spend on the NSAA? Though I think the main reason for your acceptance is your 4 A*'s, as most colleges didn't put that much weightage on the NSAA and even if you hadn't done extraordinarily I reckon you'd still have gotten an offer. Did you mention that you're reapplying on the SAQ or your PS(wondering if it would be a good thing or a bad one)?
Original post by niadarlington
I GOT AN OFFER!!!
Caius forASNC! I cried lmao

Congratulations! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending