The Student Room Group

(job life) The world works in ugly ways

Well well weeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I just investigated all of the people who had done their graduation internship with me at this nice, big IT corporation. One was from my university and the other two were from a piss poor college.

Guess whaaaaaaaaat? One of my colleagues - little Mr. suckup with no technical skills, let alone in-depth programming skills - maintained his position at that company and he's been working for it for a year now. And me? Why, I got left in the dirt!
Weeeeeeeeeeell, how fair is that huh? All he did was lick everyone's butt socially, but when push came to shove, he constantly needed my programming help because his knowledge was embarrassingly non-existing.
Even worse, how relevant is it to hire a guy who went to a silly vocational college instead of hiring me, someone who actually attended a university!! I went to the freaking best university in the country!!
Hire people based on their technical skills? Well, I found out that's not what companies do. They would rather hire an ignorant oaf, as long as he has vaginal social skills! How fair! How.. how logical!

Is that what you do, huh, corporations? You just hire the guy who cons his way into a job? You want a social lubricant do ya? ****ing pricks.

And guess who didn't get a job proposal and I have been looking for a job for the past ****ing year!! And I have amazing programming and technical skills my classmates could never dream of!! And they all have jobs!! Why?! Because this world apparently works with social cunt****ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LE BRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON!! CE CE CELEBRATION!!!!

Fcking ****.

Scroll to see replies

Clearly you aren't as smart as you think you are if you are helping someone who you're directly competing against... And it's common knowledge that if you want to get to places you suck up to the people above you (Do almost as good as them, never better until you're at that position).
Original post by Nulliverse
Clearly you aren't as smart as you think you are if you are helping someone who you're directly competing against... And it's common knowledge that if you want to get to places you suck up to the people above you (Do almost as good as them, never better until you're at that position).

I find it ironic that OP comes on here complaining about losers who done better than him.
Reply 3

Competing? I didn't know I was competing against him. I didn't see him like that - he was just a colleague to me during the internship.
Reply 4
Original post by Laomedeia
I find it ironic that OP comes on here complaining about losers who done better than him.

It's not OP, I have a nickname. Learn to respect people's nicknames.
Perhaps, because you're annoying, and lie about being a sociopath. :h:
Original post by 571122
Competing? I didn't know I was competing against him. I didn't see him like that - he was just a colleague to me during the internship.

How? That's how internships work, you're competing for that job role at the end of the internship. Why the hell were you helping this guy seriously you messed up and then proceed to rant on TSR blaming the system when it was your fault lmao. It's not the end of the world and there's no need to be bitter or salty, just do well on your next internship and know when or when not to do nice things.
Reply 7
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Perhaps, because you're annoying, and lie about being a sociopath. :h:

You suck many dicks.
Reply 8
It's not what you know, it's who you know.
Reply 9
How? That's how internships work, you're competing for that job role at the end of the internship. Why the hell were you helping this guy seriously you messed up and then proceed to rant on TSR blaming the system when it was your fault lmao. It's not the end of the world and there's no need to be bitter or salty, just do well on your next internship and know when or when not to do nice things.

I didn't know that's how internships worked. All I saw it as was a gateway to my degree and that's that. No one told me this new information.
I was helping this guy because guess what: I actually like to help people and I don't like seeing them in trouble.
It's not the end of the world? Why don't you try living in a family that has loads of problems and they are all depending on you to survive? Yes, lovely pressure right there! Mmm-mm!

AND GUESS WHAT PEOPLE HAVE EMOTIONS AND SOME OF THOSE EMOTIONS ARE BITTER AND SALTY IT IS HUMANITY LEARN TO DEAL WITH IT!!
Reply 10
Original post by qwert92
It's not what you know, it's who you know.

Well, my dear qwert92, I thought we had abandoned that silly mentality in the 80's.
Pretty sure this is a :troll: but if not you got attitude problems lol, even if you did go to a great uni you are still starting from the bottom of your career (kinda) so you need to have a nice attitude, I wouldn't want to employ you.
(edited 7 years ago)
In on roll bread
Reply 13
Original post by Sakisaka
Pretty sure this is a :troll: but if not you got attitude problems lol, even if you did go to a great uni you are still starting from the bottom of your career (kinda) so you need to have a nice attitude, I wouldn't want to employ you.

You don't know what it's like to be a human being in dire straits. You deserve no respect.
Reply 14
Original post by 571122
Well, my dear qwert92, I thought we had abandoned that silly mentality in the 80's.

Believe me, from what I have seen, it's true.
Original post by 571122
You suck many dicks.

Thanks. :h:
Reply 16
Original post by 571122
Well well weeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I just investigated all of the people who had done their graduation internship with me at this nice, big IT corporation. One was from my university and the other two were from a piss poor college.

Guess whaaaaaaaaat? One of my colleagues - little Mr. suckup with no technical skills, let alone in-depth programming skills - maintained his position at that company and he's been working for it for a year now. And me? Why, I got left in the dirt!
Weeeeeeeeeeell, how fair is that huh? All he did was lick everyone's butt socially, but when push came to shove, he constantly needed my programming help because his knowledge was embarrassingly non-existing.
Even worse, how relevant is it to hire a guy who went to a silly vocational college instead of hiring me, someone who actually attended a university!! I went to the freaking best university in the country!!
Hire people based on their technical skills? Well, I found out that's not what companies do. They would rather hire an ignorant oaf, as long as he has vaginal social skills! How fair! How.. how logical!

Is that what you do, huh, corporations? You just hire the guy who cons his way into a job? You want a social lubricant do ya? ****ing pricks.

And guess who didn't get a job proposal and I have been looking for a job for the past ****ing year!! And I have amazing programming and technical skills my classmates could never dream of!! And they all have jobs!! Why?! Because this world apparently works with social ********ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LE BRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON!! CE CE CELEBRATION!!!!

Fcking ****.

Maybe they dislike your arrogant manner and apparent superiority complex.

In life you have to be able to work with people. You can be the best programmer in the world but if you put everyones back up then you aren't going to get the job. Experience can make someone a better programmer but it won't make someone else less of an a$$hole.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Moura
Maybe they dislike your arrogant manner and apparent superiority complex.

In life you have to be able to work with people. You can be the best programmer in the world but if you put everyones back up then you aren't going to get the job. Experience can make someone a better programmer but it won't make someone else less of an a$$hole.

Uhuh, superiority complex, right. The truth is that I have vastly superior technical skills. I've just been called by the two companies and both told me that my soft skills were lacking but my technical skills were perfect and beyond. So there we have it: no soft skills.

Hooray the hoorayness hooray hey hey!
Humanity can go eat a dick.
Reply 18
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Thanks. :h:

It's not Christmas anymore.
Original post by 571122
It's not Christmas anymore.

........I know. :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest