The Student Room Group

My GF surprised me by enlarging her breasts, I want to break up with her

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
We have been together for 1 year now and she has always been extremely insecure about her assets, especially her breasts. I've reassured her many times that her figure is nice. Yesterday she surprised be with her enlarged breasts, I was in utter disbelief.They look fake and plastic now, like the ones Z list celebrities have. That is not even my main concern, she went behind my back and spent most our saving. She didn't even warn me or mention anything about enlarging them. I'm now contemplating on whether to break up with her or not, but im struggling to look at her now. I don't find her attractive now. How would you approach this?, cause I haven't spoken to her since yesterday

I'm smelling da ******** here! However if you have shared savings I'm assuming you have some kind of cohabiting going on. How did she sneak off to get them done without you noticing? If she needs bigger boobs to feel good about herself then that's her prerogative however if she did blow your cash on it, I'd probably dump her for that and bill her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by bunchofrosies
Talk to her about it, tell her your concerns and come to a decision together on what's best. If you're not attracted to her that's definitely a big thing, but she is her own person and shouldn't have to ask permission to do something with her body. Her body her choice.

No relationship is gonna last for long if everyone is gonna do whatever he/she wants.
Dump her lol, do you know the kind of people who get fake breasts?... avoid asap
Original post by Chúpamela porfi
Are you flipping serious? She got BIGGER boobs, that's every guy's dream!!!111

Fake boobs are grosssssss :puke:
By rights you should take one with you.
You shouldn't share finances until a relationship has matured, preferably after longer than a year. You never know what is going to happen. The fact that she thought she would please you by doing this suggests she doesn't feel good enough for you and is insecure about her body because of this. Some girls consider enhancing boobs to give better tit jobs, have nicer cleavage in clothing or because of influences in social media or magazines. But I think that, for you to say that you don't find her attractive anymore because of her new breasts is outrageous of you. You should value so much more about her than what her boobs are like, when it comes to attraction. Your attraction to her facial appearance, personality and attributes should outweigh any attraction to single assets. She did breach the trust you had by doing this, spending the money without consent and without communicating she felt the need to enhance her boobs. For a relationship to work you need to have trust, be able to tell each other anything and you should love for who the person is, not just how they look ,no matter what. A slight change to her body shouldn't mean you no longer find her attractive! Supposing it was an injury or burn... Would you no longer be attracted to her because of that change to her body? In my relationship I feel better about my body and don't feel any kind of need to alter it because I know that he loves me the way I am. By all means dump her if this really has impacted that much on how you feel about her. But before you do think back on the past year and what your life would be like without her. Then ask yourself if you really want to be without her.
Reply 26
pics or it didn't happen....

[edit] - although given the multi-week recovery time from an op like this i think we know it didn't happen anyway...
(edited 7 years ago)
we must not be hasty in judging this young lady. body dysmorphia is a very disabling condition, and sufferers may take extreme measures to cope with it. hopefully your relationship is strong enough to be able to move forward after this shock; if you need outside help there are Relationship Counsellors available on the NHS.
u sure u aint gay bro?

Original post by EC
Thought ass was more important.

Nah big tiddies and a slim waist are enough to even compensate for a below average face, well for me atleast haha.
(edited 7 years ago)
Get penis enlargement surgery.

That'll teach her.
Original post by tapir
It's totally justified to dump someone over body modification. When someone's SO modifies their body in an extreme way, they become very different from the person they were initially attracted to . Also, it's not so much a superficial/appearance thing, breast implants are a reflection on someone's psyche. People assume that breast implants are sign of being superficial, dishonest, and having low self esteem. It's almost always the case. Women who modify their bodies have a very high rate of suicide, just like dentists.

You're not even trying to hide how you think only in binary and see the world in black and white. You can't speak for 3 1/2 billion men.

WTF dentists have high suicide rates?!:s-smilie:
u gay bro, worst reason to break up with a girl!
Definitely end it.
I would be extremely angry if my girlfriends spent part of our savings without talking to me.
Original post by Chúpamela porfi
Are you flipping serious? She got BIGGER boobs, that's every guy's dream!!!111

I prefer smaller breasts myself
Original post by XOR_
Fake boobs are grosssssss :puke:

plenty of those ig "models" you see have fake titties, I'd guess the vast majority do. It's just well done, if you see a very thin woman with low body fat with large breasts chances are they are fake
Reply 35
Original post by tapir
It's totally justified to dump someone over body modification. When someone's SO modifies their body in an extreme way, they become very different from the person they were initially attracted to . Also, it's not so much a superficial/appearance thing, breast implants are a reflection on someone's psyche. People assume that breast implants are sign of being superficial, dishonest, and having low self esteem. It's almost always the case. Women who modify their bodies have a very high rate of suicide, just like dentists.

You're not even trying to hide how you think only in binary and see the world in black and white. You can't speak for 3 1/2 billion men.

wait.. dentists? what?
Surprise her by having a penis enlargement, then do the Haka whilst slapping it around everywhere.
She stole money from your savings! That's the real issue here!

Also people can spot fake boobs a mile off and they give off a certain impression
Original post by epsilondelta
She stole money from your savings! That's the real issue here!

They were her savings too..
Original post by cherryred90s
They were her savings too..

Sure some of it was but some of it was the OP's
In my mind it's akin to theft

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending