The Student Room Group

Right time for master degree

Is gap after university undergraduate degree good before stepping to masters degree? If yes then how long is fine?

I am now in my last year of university undergraduate degree .
Reply 1
I'd say if you have a clear path on what you want to do, then the right time is when you're ready to do it. I'm planning on doing my master's degree this year but I'm currently on a graduate role (I graduated last summer). I'm saving the money for the degree right now so that's how I've gone about doing it, I guess you can say I'm doing a sort of gap year.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
I'd say if you have a clear path on what you want to do, then the right time is when you're ready to do it. I'm planning on doing my master's degree this year but I'm currently on a graduate role (I graduated last summer). I'm saving the money for the degree right now so that's how I've gone about doing it, I guess you can say I'm doing a sort of gap year.

Thanks bro for your opinion. It made me think once again......
Original post by Pulove
Is gap after university undergraduate degree good before stepping to masters degree? If yes then how long is fine?

I am now in my last year of university undergraduate degree .

It depends on your subject and your career. I did mine later and got most of it paid for by my employer.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
It depends on your subject and your career. I did mine later and got most of it paid for by my employer.

Is it okey if you mention what subject were you studying... Mine is Information Technology...
Original post by Pulove
Is it okey if you mention what subject were you studying... Mine is Information Technology...

Maths and I'm a teacher -
I'm going straight into post grad study because i'm changing my career and i'm pretty certain about what i want to do. I graduate in July and then move to London in September to start my post grad diploma
Reply 7
Original post by Muttley79
Maths and I'm a teacher -

Okey cool,,,,, thanks for the info. It is really going to help me someway..
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending