The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Strimpy
oh no, sorry to here that, sure you'll do great wherever you end up! (your only mistake was applying to the other place lol)

Thanks! :smile:

Eh, Cambridge felt too big. Don't ask me why.
Original post by fablereader
Failed Oxfordite, so ... :frown:.

Aw, I'm sorry :frown:
Have you received offers from your other choices?
Original post by shsidk
Offer for vet med at Downing! Genuinely do not understand how this happened haha I flunked that interview so bad

Congratulations! :smile:
i've been given an open offer (with Girton as my underwritten college if no one takes me from the summer pool). does anyone know which colleges typically fish students from the summer pool - i.e. the ones that normally take the most pooled students in the winter pool? or is it just random?

@jneill do you have any experience w this?

thanks
Original post by Lauren-x-
Aw, I'm sorry :frown:
Have you received offers from your other choices?

One, waiting on some others, and haven't yet figured out which college at Durham looks best ...
Original post by SteamboatMickey
I'll try! I'm just worried because I've had an infection so my brain isn't working as well as usual, also not been sleeping. THis is my very last chance to get an offer, if I mess it up and Medwards no other college will have me cos pooling has ended :redface:

Gonna do some prep tomorrow alongside my history coursework :redface:

Stay calm, you can only try and do your best!! Everyone here is honestly rooting for you. and let them know about your infection so they're aware of the circumstances you're doing the interview in.

Also, if you get a rejection, don't let it get you down at all -if you want to reapply a gap year is a great opportunity to mature and progress personally and academically. Last year I was gutted about my Oxford rejection but was determined for it to motivate me to succeed. And it paid off! Nothing to do with university admissions is ever the end of the world.
Original post by Student1256
I wasn't even pooled. Guess no hot chocolate then...
I was so gutted but trust me it gets better with time. I'm quite determined to do even better at a levels and apply again, hope you channel your sadness into determination as I have

I'm just glad I'm going to get my life back. I've had so many problems from doing so much work and now I don't have to. I don't have to get an A*. I won't have to write an essay every week. I can get off the treadmill of life for a while.
Original post by glimmers
i've been given an open offer (with Girton as my underwritten college if no one takes me from the summer pool). does anyone know which colleges typically fish students from the summer pool - i.e. the ones that normally take the most pooled students in the winter pool? or is it just random?

thanks

Happy to hear you've got an offer!
Congratulations! :smile:

thank you! :smile:
Original post by glimmers

thanks

It's just random depending on who misses their offer in different subjects.
Original post by shsidk
thank you! :smile:

De rien. :smile:
Got an offer from Girton for Economics!

I have only got a letter and no email, does anyone know if Girton are meant to send out emails as well?
Every time I get an email I get a small heart attack... this is not good for my health...
You shoulda seen the Oxford thread ... we had conversations about the mystical land of Fablehaven inhabited by indigenous mountain hermits, along with the occasional historical sketch. :biggrin:

Well we had a VERY heated debate about chocolate complete with pollings :tongue: :wink:

Original post by peaches1998
Stay calm, you can only try and do your best!! Everyone here is honestly rooting for you. and let them know about your infection so they're aware of the circumstances you're doing the interview in.

Also, if you get a rejection, don't let it get you down at all -if you want to reapply a gap year is a great opportunity to mature and progress personally and academically. Last year I was gutted about my Oxford rejection but was determined for it to motivate me to succeed. And it paid off! Nothing to do with university admissions is ever the end of the world.

Aw thanks! Yeah, might reapply if it doesn't work out. :tongue: Ah I'd feel bad letting them know, it's only an infection really. Just threw me off the track last week and I'm still recovering.
(edited 7 years ago)
Offer with the usual conditions A*A*A and 1,1 in STEP 2 & 3
Reply 3695
Ok so I still haven't heard from Catz yet...

It's definitely too late for the post now, and I still haven't received an email.
What should I do? I'm probably gonna wait a bit longer but then after that should I contact the college or what

@jneill @vincrows
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MadScientist001
Every time I get an email I get a small heart attack... this is not good for my health...

I had the same problem yesterday ... have you turned off your TSR email notifications? That might help.
Original post by Rachel58
Pooled but not fished.

I'm sorry to hear that Rachel :frown: I suppose, at the very least, you being pooled means they would have had you if there had been space... do you have any other offers from unis?
Original post by GhFFize
Got an offer from Girton for Economics!

I have only got a letter and no email, does anyone know if Girton are meant to send out emails as well?

Congratulations for your offer!
Original post by Melanie Leconte
Offer with the usual conditions A*A*A and 1,1 in STEP 2 & 3

Congrats!

Latest

Trending

Trending