The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fablereader
Happy to hear you've got an offer!

thank you very much - definitely grateful but it;s strange not knowing for what college!
Original post by jneill
Wut? The city is much smaller than Oxford.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But the university is greater. :wink:
Original post by btea
Got an offer from Robinson for Philosophy!!! Absolutely over the moon. I have such a pounding headache from it all. Oh my life.

Congratulations! Did you get it via email?
Original post by btea
Got an offer from Robinson for Philosophy!!! Absolutely over the moon. I have such a pounding headache from it all. Oh my life.

Congratulations!
Original post by vincrows
surely you meant you were pooled by Emmanuel and fished by Magdalene. :wink:

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Ah yes didn't know the proper way to explain it !!
Original post by edanski
Thank you and we abso bloody lutely are :wink: you were history at Medwards right? :biggrin: did you get in? :biggrin:

Original post by SteamboatMickey
She was Newnham :wink: its good news for her :tongue:

Get it right you only need to pick out of two :wink: :wink: but yes it's good news!! (I can't tag but shoutout to alycia for answering for me when I don't see messages 😂)

Can I be second member of said society pretty please? :wink:
Original post by jneill
Wut? The city is much smaller than Oxford.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, I know ... that's why I said 'Don't ask'. It just felt smaller. *shrug*
Original post by Nicecuppat
I thought only your referee could request feedback?

No - it's your application. They can;t request feedback (or shouldn't anyway) without your permission. Routinely, though, we send it to them as they best people to communicate the information in a kindly manner.
Original post by glimmers
i've been given an open offer (with Girton as my underwritten college if no one takes me from the summer pool). does anyone know which colleges typically fish students from the summer pool - i.e. the ones that normally take the most pooled students in the winter pool? or is it just random?

@jneill do you have any experience w this?

thanks

It's a new thing this year. So, no. :smile:

The MEAT is absolutely your best point of information.

But you can see summer pool colleges in the AdmStats page. But they are mostly mathmos, so try excluding them.... the number of non-mathmos in the summer pool is very small, and fishing colleges will vary every year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MadScientist001

I doubt it. It seems no Robinsonians have got an email. I didn't get a letter in today's post, either.
Original post by Ruthie2267
I'm sorry to hear that Rachel :frown: I suppose, at the very least, you being pooled means they would have had you if there had been space... do you have any other offers from unis?

Yeah, I have my four other offers.

Guess I'm like that one person last year in the top 10 posters who didn't get an offer.
Rejected by Pembroke for NatSci. Pooled but not fished. Absolutely gutted. Maybe I had my hopes too high, but honestly thought I might get in.
I got into St Catz for HSPS!!! Over the moon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by solC
Ok so I still haven't heard from Catz yet...

It's definitely too late for the post now, and I still haven't received an email.
What should I do? I'm probably gonna wait a bit longer but then after that should I contact the college or what

I'm in the same position for Jesus, I've heard nothing all day its so frustrating and I have no idea what to do!
Original post by daisyalltheworld
So excited to be studying with you guys next year (all that's left is to meet your conditions!). Anyone got offers for English? Anyone for Wolfson College?

MML at Wolfson!
Reply 3735
Original post by MadScientist001

Thank you! No, by letter this morning :-)
Original post by glimmers
thank you very much - definitely grateful but it;s strange not knowing for what college!

Wherever it is, you'll probably love it. :smile:
Original post by edanski
I GOT AN OFFER FOR HISTORY AT EMMANUEL I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: big thanks to @jneill for all the help and guidance through the process! I can't belive it! @domaths @daniilS @CallumS9999 other emma people how's it gone? :smile:

I still haven't heard mate😭 Can't be good lol
Original post by boombayah
I got an HSPS offer, Thank God YAYYYY. But is it just for me that the fees are £24,708(intl)... I applied with the impression that it was ~£17,000 as stated on the website...

lol that's gonna be me too with even more
Original post by Reaver Daniels
I got into St Catz for HSPS!!! Over the moon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!

Latest

Trending

Trending