The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by lolaLFC
Some places take it off you and refuse to give it back unless the actual person in the photo comes to collect it.

Act confident and prepare answers to any possible questions: know your star sign as well as all the usual information on the ID like DOB, address etc. Don't keep your own credit cards in your purse as if they ask to see them, its clear the ID isn't you as the names won't match. Instead say you're only carrying cash.

But it's MY real ID though, just a Polish one so i'm not on British base
Reply 2
Clubs have access to governmental data? The hell?
Reply 3
I just realised that:tongue: Ive never personally seen scanners but what theyre looking for is to ensure its a real ID and not fake. Just because its from another country doesnt mean they can refuse entry, you'll be fine.
Reply 4
I always polish my ID before using it, makes it look nice and shiny :smile:
I don't think clubs are accessing the national database, are they :rofl: Either way, if they don't accept your ID shout them down for being racist until they let you in.
There was someone in the local paper who recently got refused entry into a club. Her ID was Lithuanian or something.

Usually, they only accept a passport or a driving licence.
Reply 7
Original post by Tiger Rag
There was someone in the local paper who recently got refused entry into a club. Her ID was Lithuanian or something.

Usually, they only accept a passport or a driving licence.

Yeah, that's my point. I'm intending to go Ark in Manchester
Original post by Martyna23
So I want to go clubbing but the thing that worries me is that they actually scan ID's in some places. They're looking through British data, but I'm obviously not there. How would they go about that? Would they just not let me in?

I don't know about clubs, but I had no problems getting served in pubs with my American driving license.
If it has an age and it's over 18 you'll get in. My friend gets in everywhere with his ID, which is fake, not even his, and looks nothing like him. If he can do it, anyone can lmao
Reply 10
So I want to go clubbing but the thing that worries me is that they actually scan ID's in some places. They're looking through British data, but I'm obviously not there. How would they go about that? Would they just not let me in?

hey. Unfortunately people seem to be very cautious when dealing with Polish IDs here. I use my belgian one and never had a problem. Whenever I use my polish ID or passport, its subject to extra checks
Depends on the club... I was never accepted with it, so I'm using my passport now.
My friend is Korean and most places reject his ID because they cant read it. You can see it from their point of view, they cant read it and if it actually says your under 18 and you get caught they get fined. I wouldn't risk it in their position. Unfortunately you might have to invest in some form of English ID while you are here, but you could try to get in with it and see.
But it's MY real ID though, just a Polish one so i'm not on British base

Did the polish ID end up working for you ? because I don’t want to go into a English nightclub in England with a polish ID for them to tell me it’s not allowed ???

Latest

Trending

Trending