The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by edanski
Has the post come yet? :smile: You've got another half an hour for an offer yet!

The post has come and no letter so don't think I've done it, but obviously I haven't had any emails even now so I can't be 100% certain
Any internationals have pembroke offers?
Reply 3842
Original post by Replusz
And when you called, did they say hther you got an offer? or your daughter

She didn't think to ask. We just wanted to confirm if the emails would definitely be sent out to international students by today otherwise it would be another agonising long wait again.
Original post by Student1256
Has it ever happened that a college wrongly told someone their application was unsuccessful and later contacted them clearing the mistake? :biggrin:

The rejection letter I got for the Place That Shall Not Be Named has a bit that says 'UCAS should update to reflect this letter by the end of January. If there is any discrepancy between the letter and UCAS, please let the office know' and that is my tiny, pathetic, last hope. That UCAS, with all its shortcomings and days off, will give me an offer. BUT as it says it in the letter it must have happened at least once.
Original post by jneill
Call them tomorrow after the post is delivered if you still haven't received anything . They won't give a decision over the phone anyway (usually...).

Original post by solC
Alright, thanks

???
You have got email for offer, haven't you?
That's the definite. So stop worrying about a letter. It WILL come.
I think it's more considerate to try not to bother them unless it's really necessary. They only have very small number of staff at the admission office.....
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fablereader
Congratulations! :smile:

Thank you!
Original post by peachykeen
AHHHHHHH LITERALLY SO HAPPY FOR U we're going to be at trinity together!!!!! (if we meet our offers lol :colonhash:)
could not have wished for a better outcome!

Yes we will do it!!! We've got the motivation now 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼
Original post by CallumS9999
The post has come and no letter so don't think I've done it, but obviously I haven't had any emails even now so I can't be 100% certain

Same for me - no letter, no email...
Original post by Sulei06
Got fished from the pool by Hughes Hall for HSPS. However it is for 2018 and in my offer letter it stated Land Economy. Confused and happy at the same time. Can someone help and provide some explanation?

Just saw this, surprised no one responded. Looks like they've messed up. Contact the admissions for Hughes Hall. It does have your name on it, right?
Reply 3849
Original post by vincrows
???
You have got email for offer, haven't you?
That's the definite. So stop worrying about a letter. It WILL come. :wink:

Nope, haven't received anything
Congratulations for your offer!

Thank you so much!
Reply 3851
Got an offer for economics at jesus!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Sycatonne23
Thank you!

De rien. :smile:
Original post by whattimeisit
Same for me - no letter, no email...

What college bud? And it is very frustrating isn't it I am quite sure I've been rejected but I don't know for definite
Just to be clear if you're fished for reinterview and don't get a place, your admissions hopes are finished? No open offers no more reinterviews no more pools nothing?

@Murray Edwards Admissions @jneill @vincrows
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JWJW
Got an offer for economics at jesus!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! :smile:
Original post by Sulei06
Got fished from the pool by Hughes Hall for HSPS. However it is for 2018 and in my offer letter it stated Land Economy. Confused and happy at the same time. Can someone help and provide some explanation?

It might be an error but, more ikely, is that they've decided to make you a Land Economy offer rather than HSPS. It happens rarely but occasionally that people get offers for subjects they had not applied for. Either way, congratulations.
Original post by solC
Nope, haven't received anything

Didn't you say you have got email?
Sorry, in that case, yes, call them tomorrow.
Good luck! :smile:
Original post by cathy_w
It happened to someone I know who applied for Oxford!

@jneill might know something! (if it has ever happened to a cambridge applicant) i know this is pathetic so no one remind me of that pls
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry to hear about your rejection, but it seems like you've got another one in mind.

Thanks, and yeah I'm honestly super excited about Edinburgh! Were you an applicant? (I apologise if this is a stupid question, I'm more of an occasional lurker)

Latest